Darlington or Bust.. with a pit stop @ Myrtle Beach!!!

Here we go I guess I better get this thing started before I get questioned as to when I was going to do a TP! :wave1:

Now keep in mind I am getting old and may not remember everything but will try my best to pick my own brain and pray that the lil ones help me along the way. This is not going to be your everlasting report either so please don't expect much... more pics then words is the way I roll!! :parrot:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're going to do a "TP". Does that involve a late night run to Shop and Save for the generic roles of toilet paper. Which in turn are used for exterior tree decoration. :)

Okay sorry but for some reason I came home and have crappy internet... damn Sprint!!

Well on Monday May 7th Dh and I finished packing the camper and took a long nap until the kiddos came home from school, we all ate dinner, showered up and hit the sack early... but by 10pm hubby had so many ants in his pants that we got up and hopped in the truck and hit the road. Dh must have been way to excited cause he hit the cable box on the way out of the driveway and broke the side light cover. So we spent another 15 mins finding the pcs in the dark and he taped it back together and then we got on our way!! :banana:

We made our usual drive past the harbour in Baltimore then onto I-95 with hubby cursing in VA about how they had only 1 lane open ::)

Once we hit the first rest stop we decided that we were going to take a short nap which turned into a 4 hours >:( !

At that point I was so tired of VA that I could not wait to get to NC and to the oasis fuel stop to shower and change clothes... yes I am greedy we parked our camper at the dump station at the oasis and took showers.. there was nobody else there so why not!! After the showers we ate some cereal and jumped back in the truck. Hubby started her up and we got her running but she had no gusto to pull the piper. Hubby hooked up his code thing and it showed Nothing and there were no flashing lights on the dash but there was a lot of smoke coming from the exhaust. At that point I could have cried and prayed that hubby would figure out what was wrong! As hubby did circles around the back lot of the Oasis he could not get no power to pull so then I remembered another fiend having fuel pressure issues with their damn chevy and suggested that to DH and he called the nearest Part store and we disconnected the piper and headed there to get a fuel filter thing... or I think that is what it was LOL :thumbsup3: On the way there I looked on my cheap phone for another possible reason and ding ding ding someone else has the same exact problem and it ended up being some stupid sensor so hubby pulled off and got out and messed with the white wire that leads to the sensor and gets out some small crowbar thing and my eyes could have popped out my head as he hit something under the hood :1sm056pullhair: He jumped back in the turned the truck on and lord behold that damn truck had power again!! The damn turbo seized up and thats why we had no juice to pull the piper!! :th_2mo5pow:

We drove back to the Oasis and hooked the piper back up and were back on 95 south headed to Ocean Lakes!!

TO BE CONTINUED....

Edited by campingpixi

Here we go I guess I better get this thing started before I get questioned as to when I was going to do a TP! :wave1:

You're going to do a "TP". Does that involve a late night run to Shop and Save for the generic roles of toilet paper. Which in turn are used for exterior tree decoration. :)

Tuesday Afternoon we arrived at Ocean lakes Site HH51 and stayed there for 2 nights (sorry no pics) This was just a stop before we got to the race so we made no big deal about it... plus we had been there so many times before that taking pics was almost pointless!! LOL

Thursday morning we headed to Darlington and got there about 1PM! Now I got a bone to pick with this track (several really) This track is NOT like the other tracks. If you arrive early they let you in and get all set up. Not Darlington nooooo they made us and the other 200 or more infield campers wait until 4pm to get lined up to go into the infield and pretty much let us all in at once. I tried to meet Geina but they locked every gate which made that impossible :(

3238daa3.jpg

The roads inside were about 10ft wide and they packed everyone in. We got to our site and backed her in and this track guy comes by and says "yall know you are 3 inches over the line on the right" and if your neighbour comes in he may get upset about that but it was up to us if we wanted to move or not so we moved over the 3 damn inches. :gaah:

3a74faee.jpg

fc5f71dc.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED.. GOTTA GET THE KIDDOS!

We decided to take a walk around and see what Darlington had to offer and saw a helicopter land and we were happy to see that Jeff Gordon was aboard!!

Not great pics but they work!! LOL

33f0cedb.jpg

3e04ccb6.jpg

The kids enjoyed looking at the souvenir haulers which were closed :(

38be00dc.jpg

a7906d86.jpg

Dh and I loved the Visit Myrtle beach display

7a6abe0e.jpg

We then decided to go back to the infield.. but stopped for a quick pic

06f20360.jpg

That's it for now

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Ahhhh, I think I felt a force in the air on Thursday while we were locked out! It was Jeff! :clint:

No claustrophobie in our 30X40 site, ahhh the pains of staying off property...... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

33f0cedb.jpg

3e04ccb6.jpg

Just for a reference, the road you see in the background is Tunnel Rd. The green Port-A-Let you see over the top of the golf cart and the white truck is on trackside camground property (private) across the pond. We stayed in that area last year in a 20X40 site with water and electricity for $200. We moved back up the hill behind the white tents in a larger 20X30 site with electric and water for $250 this year. We paid the extra money in anticipation of taking Savannah (our doberman) with us, wanting more room. The lower lot is all electric, no generators, whoo hooo. The upper hill has dry campers, but quiet hours are enforced from 12-6 nightly.