Ah! So in this case the rumors really ARE true.

Although most recent rumors were that the loop was NOT going to be closed and they were going to tackle a few sites at a time. Seems the original rumor was the correct one.

Thanks for the info and if you see/hear anything else, please let us know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, new here but an old hat at the Dis****** forum. I saw LornaDuck's sign over the weekend at the Fort whom's name I recognized and decided to join ya'll.

Anyway I just stayed in site 829 and it looks to me like they were already at the end of the loop with the elceltrical updates when we checked in on Friday. By the time I left 7/1/12 they went from only filling in the first half of the loop with campers to what looks like opening it all up as their were vehichles around the bend in the loop when we left. Though I had to leave before check in time on Sunday to see if they compltely fill it up with folks. Anyway, when we checked in on Friday the Dish Network was a bit spotty as it kept losing signal. But, by Saturday we only lost it briefly one time. It was awesome to have a actual scrolling menu and so many more channels to choose from. :) We had no issues at all with the electricty while we were there and all our sites on our loop were dry! It's my favorite loop, so you'll usually find me there. :)

Have a safe 4th of July weekend everyone!

• 1 month later...

800 loop reopened on Friday aug 10th. We missed getting in that loop by 1 day but lucked out since we stumbled on a jewel of a site that we will be requesting each time

Well post the site # so 900 of us can always request it.

We usually give them our top 3 site choices and have gotten one of them the past 4 years running.

Of course it probably helps that we check in during the slower time of the year and that we book Preferred Pet, which pretty much means 300 anyway.

We also give them our usual schpiel about being close to the dog walk, "tired dogs are quiet dogs" etc. 8)

I just mention Todd's name and they put me right to the front of the line anyplace on property.