Fortless- A TCD Trip Report with a twist.

Wow, lots of comments to respond to.

Let's get that done, and then we can move this little report along:

Yuri is from the DR. I forgot that. I think the fast pass giveaways are awesome. We have done that several times. It's amazing how people think you're trying to sell them something at first sometimes until they realize that you just gave them free fast passes! The pics with Vader and the droids are pretty cool.....and I wish the geeks would have helped you take down the imperial spy in the black hat. I too have made the sausage muffins at home and never thought about layering more sausage on there.....what a novel idea!

I would comment on the dolt who was flying the airplane with the imbicile like message but I don't comment on moronic people like that.

Good comments.

I think it's funny that people are agreeing that they never thought about putting two sausage patties on a breakfast sandwich. I don't know why I never have done that, but I'm going to the next time I make one.

Oh, and I think the CM gave you his drawing.

Close, but not exactly.

Great TR!

BTW, I generally tell those who roll with me to go HAAM or GTFO.

Word!

For those young people who might be reading along, "Word" is what we used to say as a way of expressing agreement with a statement made by someone. I think that term has fallen out of use with today's young people.

Anyway- since you mentioned HAAM- here's a little story about that term. My kids, like all kids, including me when I was a kid, use all kinds of slang terms. A lot of them I have never heard of, but I use them just so I can seem hip. So, a while back they would say something like "I am going to go HAAM on that test" or something like that. I thought they were saying "ham," like what you eat on a sandwich. I figured it meant that you would be going after something with gusto, like how I would go after a ham sandwich. So, I started using that term. Then one of the girls told me that I obviously didn't know what HAAM meant, and maybe if I did I would stop saying it all the time. Of course, that just reinforced to my kids that I am old and clueless. And, I stopped using that term.

Then, on a recent trip, we saw a school group who were at the Magic Kingdom on their Senior Trip. They were all wearing matching t-shirts. On the front it had their school name and mentioned the dates of their trip. On the back, they had a picture of Hamm from Toy Story, and it said the name of their High School, and under the pig, it said "Goin' HAAM!" The teachers were all wearing this shirt. We all thougth that was hilarious, and I'm sure that the teachers didn't know what the saying means.

I'm surprisedthat Yuri wasn't at SWW. i would think he would find Yoda fascinating. Plus, it gives me flashbacks to David Letterman's "Oprah - Uma. Uma - Oprah." I just have this vision of Lando Calrissian saying "Yuri - Yoda. Yoda - Yuri." Okay, maybe it is just me.

Anywho...Glad you made it back to WDW and glad you are sharing with us another TCD TR. :jumpforjoy

I think it's just you.

But thanks for posting anyway!

I just looked, that is the animators drawing. It's on the special turntable they have on their desks. BUSTED

Curse you and your keen power of observation.

The airplane banners were flown by the Florida Family Association at a cost of $12,802.37 for two planes flown this past weekend.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1563127.html

But more importantly, did you have a carrot cake cookie?? Oh, and two sausage patties on a breakfast IS BRILLIANT!!

No carrot cake cookie on this trip. I wanted one, and that was what I was going to have for breakfast, but then the breakfast sandwich idea came along. Next time for sure.

Thanks for the link. Interesting article. That was a lot of money to spend on something that probably accomplished nothing.

Not to sure about a Fortless report. But I will keep reading.

Spoiler alert- I do not like Fortless trips.

But it is what it is.

(Boy that is a stupid saying).

Hakuna Matada!

Thanks for reading.

True, there is no Fort in this report, but there are some things of interest.

And there is a Fort connection which we will be getting to eventually.

You checked! But I think the chatter begins at sunset. Was it at least Star Wars music you heard?

Although I think all the Donald Ducks are great, you really stepped it up a notch. Have you been practicing at home?

And although I have never been, just through your pictures I would agree with you that SWW must have the best people watching than anywhere!

One more thing...was the Wookie Family Portrait sold?

OK- it was you who asked. I couldn't remember, and was too lazy to go back and look. It was definitely Star Wars music playing during the day time. There are a lot of speakers out there, and the queue is heavily themed, so I think the ewok chatter at sunset is a real possibility. I will check one of these days.

I meant to look for the Wookie Family Portrait. I looked through some of my photos, and it doesn't seem to be in the place where it was, so maybe someone did buy it!

Crazy!

Loving the report!

Im probably in the minority, but I have never been into Star Wars, however I may need to visit during the SWW in the future just to people watch.

I love how much people get into "character" during these types of events.

Can't wait for more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad you like it so far, Tom.

I was never into Star Wars either.

In fact, as of last year, I think I had only seen two of the movies.

My daughters had seen none.

But we all still liked SWW last year.

And now we have watched all the movies, and liked it even more this year.

TCD does rule!!! Thanks for another report...it makes my slow work days go quicker. :heartsmiley:

Thanks. I am glad to help you make your work days go quicker.

TCD

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Andrew, I think. Seriously, I appreciate it. Unfortunately you've never been a guest that I've interacted with while being a CM. I take being a WDW CM very seriously. Guests expect a lot form u

Oh no! Christ is coming?? He must not have got the warning about Gay Days from the last banner! He best be careful or he might get some "gay" on him. What a bunch of dipsh*ts. But your report is gre

When is Christ returning? "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matt. 24:36 How to "Be prepared?" First acknowledge that you

1. Sorry for the late comments, I was out with a friend all day for the past two days.

2. Those breakfast sandwiches look good.

3. can't believe you spotted stranger danger again

4. I can't understand why the twins criticized your Darth Vader photos.

5. Why is your name printed in ink on that Donald photo.... just wondering.

6. Love that you are sharing the FP Pixie Dust

7. Can't wait for you to get the next update posted!

Another great list of comments.

Regarding #5, my name is not printed in ink. That is just a bad job of covering up the artist's signature that I did with Paint on my computer. I really need Photoshop.

I am working on the next update now.

It won't be long.

Wow Dave, how much food could 12K+ buy for a food bank? Or how many mosquito nets would that buy for malaria plagued villages? How many raffle entries would that buy in the upcoming Two-Lamp/fiend chair/awesomness raffle? I would say that idiot group wasted a ton of money, but as I said before I don't make any comment about those morons anymore.

Word.

Have to say awesome trip so far even if the Fort is not involved! And as long as TCD Rescue Ranger is on the case I have no fear at any Disney park from any Stranger Danger situations! Just another fine service from TCD Wroldwide Services!

Thank you. I guess when you say it like that, I'm kind of like a super hero. You are right, there will never be a robot kidnapped at WDW as long as I'm around.

TCD

OK, time for me to come clean.

I was joking around about the Donald Duck drawings.

What really happened is that we ended up in the front row of the animation studio.

The instructor was the same guy that we had two weeks before when I drew a Bolt that ended up looking like a demented Llama.

He is a very funny guy.

Since we were early in the day, he didn't ask the audience what they would like to draw. He just told us it would be Donald Duck.

He also let slip that the class before us had drawn Merida, the star of the soon to be released new Pixar movie, Brave.

The TCD twins groaned out loud at this news.

The artist, whose name is Brian by the way, heard the girls, and kind of joked around with them as we drew.

When you sit in the front row, you don't get a desk. You just get a lap board to hold your paper. I had a hard time with it. That's my excuse for how bad my drawing came out.

When we finished drawing, Brian said he would give away his Donald drawing to the person who could answer his Trivia question.

I don't recall the exact way he asked the question, but it was something along the lines of asking us to name one of the oldest Disney cartoon characters who had appeared with Mickey in some of his earliest cartoons. He said that this character was a cat, and that he had appeared in more movies than almost all other Disney characters other than Mickey, Donald and Goofy. The cat part threw people off. Several people raised their hands, and it was the third or fourth person that Brian called on who correctly guessed that the character was Pete. I remember Pete. I didn't know he was a cat.

So, we didn't win Brian's drawing. But, since we were up front, I got a photo of it. This is the unedited photo:

IMG_1386.jpg

And, now, to give you all a good laugh at my expense, here are the three drawings done by the TCD gang:

First, twin #1:

IMG_1385.jpg

Second, twin #2:

IMG_1384.jpg

And last, and certainly least, mine:

IMG_1387.jpg

Whoa, did I do a bad job!

I blame it on not having a desk.

After the class, we chatted with Brian a bit. The girls wanted to know if there was a chance that they might draw Merida again later in the day. Brian said probably not. I think they try to not repeat drawings. The girls said how bummed they were to have missed that chance. Brian said hang on. He dug under his desk, and handed this over:

IMG_1388.jpg

Notice that it's dated June 1. Which was the day before. According to Brian, that was when they first offered Merida as one of the possible drawings. And, this was Brian's drawing from the first day. The girls said thanks for showing it to them. He said I'm giving it to you. That was awful nice of him.

So what needs to happen now is this guy needs to become famous.

I think it was a little after 11 when we finished with our drawing.

We had done a lot that morning.

It was time for us to hop.

We like to hop.

The only question was where to?

We knew that we wanted to get to the MK.

And we had another place in mind.

But what now.

I told the girls I had heard about some type of new activity at Epcot which was a tie in to the movie Brave.

I had read about it right here on ff.net (thanks Monique).

They said let's go.

So, we decided that Epcot it was.

I said we should eat lunch there.

We all agreed to the Mexico quick serve.

So, the next leg of our day was planned.

We headed out.

We could take the boat or bus.

I thought the new Merida activity was in the UK part of the World Showcase, so the boat would save us from having to walk through Future World.

So the boat it was.

As we walked out, I heard a plane buzzing overhead.

Sure enough, it was another plane with a banner:

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

That's how these planes looked from the ground.

Like tiny specks.

I guess there is restricted air space over the parks, and they have to fly really high.

It makes the banners kind of hard to read.

So what's the point?

Anyway, here's a couple more shots of the plane heading over Hollywood Studios.

Can you read the banner? :

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

I don't think you can.

So, here's a zoom on it:

planezoom.jpg

Oh no!

Christ is coming!

But they didn't tell me when!

I guess it wasn't "2Day" like the Gay Day warning told me.

It sure would be helpful if they told me when.

And, then there's the "Be Prepared" thing.

What does that mean?

What am I supposed to do?

Is it like a hurricane?

And who, exactly, was this message directed at?

The gay people?

Wasn't that last banner kind of offensive to them?

Maybe you don't want to insult your audience before you give them an imporant message?

I don't know.

All I know is that whoever paid for this sure wasted a lot of money.

As we looked toward the boat dock, we could see that no one was there, and that there was no boat in sight.

That probably meant that the boat had left just a bit ago and that it would be a bit of a wait for the next one.

Not a problem, because these folks came by to entertain us:

IMG_1394.jpg

As you can see, they had a dog.

And a stroller.

I think they were going to sneak that dog into Hollywood Studios.

I don't think you can see it, but the guy had a little costume in his hand, and it looked like he was getting ready to dress the dog up. I think it was a Darth Vader costume:

IMG_1395.jpg

Didn't those people see that plane flying over telling us that we needed to be prepared?

I'm pretty sure getting your dog dressed up in a Darth Vader costume isn't on the "Be Prepared" list.

I had every intention of watching this whole thing play out.

They we heard a boat horn.

Our boat was coming already!

That was nice.

But I missed seeing how this ended.

You will just have to use your imagination.

Because we are heading to Epcot.

The boat was pretty empty.

And we didn't pick up too many passengers along the way.

We made it to Epcot, and took a look at the map.

It turns out that I was wrong about where the Brave thing was.

It wasn't in the UK.

It was along the walkway that goes from the Imagination Pavilion side of Future World into the World Showcase.

We still walked through the UK.

Do you know that the queen has been the queen for 60 years?

That is a BFD across the pond.

And, they wanted to make sure to recognize it over here on this side of the pond.

Look:

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

I guess there wasn't a lot of money in the budget for the Diamond Jubillee celebration.

It is what it is.

Hah!

After passing the UK and Canada, we rounded the corner to head over to that walkway.

Check out how un-busy it was there in the World Showcase:

IMG_1399.jpg

Wow.

Hollywood Studios was pretty busy.

But, not many folks were here at Epcot.

We usually visit during busy times, and this area would be wall to wall people.

Not today.

That was nice.

From here, we will be heading over to the new Brave area.

That will get its own post.

And we will look at that next.

TCD

Oh no! Christ is coming?? He must not have got the warning about Gay Days from the last banner! He best be careful or he might get some "gay" on him.

What a bunch of dipsh*ts.

But your report is great. And I must be the most gullible person here on FF cause I believed your Florida panther and your Donald Duck drawing! :rofl2:

Christ is coming!

But they didn't tell me when!

I guess it wasn't "2Day" like the Gay Day warning told me.

It sure would be helpful if they told me when.

And, then there's the "Be Prepared" thing.

What does that mean?

What am I supposed to do?

When is Christ returning?

"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matt. 24:36

How to "Be prepared?"

First acknowledge that you sin.

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. " James 4:17

I am pretty sure that we can all admit, if only to ourselves, that there are times when we know the right thing to do, but do not do it.

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." I John 1:8

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

So, we are all sinners. What is the payment for sin?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," Hebrews 9:27

The payment for sin is death. Can’t we just be good enoug, do enough good things to outweigh the bad?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.’ Eph. 2:8-9

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8

So what should you do to be prepared for the return of Christ?

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, ‘Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.’ Romans 10:9-11

Oh no, Christ is coming?! Hide the colored eggs!

(Taken from a comedian who wondered how coloring & hiding eggs became part of the Easter celebration) :rofl2:

I like the drawing of Merida, very cute.

I can't help but wonder why those people thought they could bring a dog into HS? Strange. Now what? Lock the dog in a car? Go back home/hotel/campsite?

People are weird.

When is Christ returning?

"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matt. 24:36

How to "Be prepared?"

First acknowledge that you sin.

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. " James 4:17

I am pretty sure that we can all admit, if only to ourselves, that there are times when we know the right thing to do, but do not do it.

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." I John 1:8

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

So, we are all sinners. What is the payment for sin?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," Hebrews 9:27

The payment for sin is death. Can’t we just be good enoug, do enough good things to outweigh the bad?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.’ Eph. 2:8-9

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8

So what should you do to be prepared for the return of Christ?

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, ‘Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.’ Romans 10:9-11

That would be one huge banner and one huge plane to fly it..... :clint:

I'm prepared, I have a home brewing kit, cigars, and pink cups. No worries.

And I will take my thoughts on this, back to another thread so not to hijack TCD's TR for a rhetorical, tongue in cheek moment.

Oh no! Christ is coming?? He must not have got the warning about Gay Days from the last banner! He best be careful or he might get some "gay" on him.

What a bunch of dipsh*ts.

But your report is great. And I must be the most gullible person here on FF cause I believed your Florida panther and your Donald Duck drawing! :rofl2:

Very funny!

And since you admitted to being fooled twice, I would say that maybe you are the most gullible person here.

Hey, have you heard this one? :

Look- someone wrote gullible up there on the ceiling.

Oh no, Christ is coming?! Hide the colored eggs!

(Taken from a comedian who wondered how coloring & hiding eggs became part of the Easter celebration) :rofl2:

I like the drawing of Merida, very cute.

I can't help but wonder why those people thought they could bring a dog into HS? Strange. Now what? Lock the dog in a car? Go back home/hotel/campsite?

People are weird.

I think those people were going to try to sneak that dog into Hollywood Studios. Why else would they have the stroller? Maybe they were going to dress him up like Darth Vader and hope the security guards thought he was a child?

That would be one huge banner and one huge plane to fly it..... :clint:

Thank you. That is my point, exactly.

Probably why they only put the short message on the banner. I am sure they were hoping that people would ask and others, who knew, would answer. :D

Marty-

My question was really a rhetorical one. I know what I am supposed to do to be prepared.

But, putting that message on a banner following one that would have been offensive to a lot of people wasn't the best way to get the message across.

Paul states very clearly in Romans 3:23 who the sinners are.

He says All.

That means everyone.

So why pick on certain people?

And Jesus himself said that he didn't even know the date of his return. That was him talking in Matthew 24:36, which you quoted above.

So why fly around with that banner?

If I read that and didn't know what to do, would I get the same answer from a Catholic Priest as I would from a Baptist Minister?

I'm prepared, I have a home brewing kit, cigars, and pink cups. No worries.

And I will take my thoughts on this, back to another thread so not to hijack TCD's TR for a rhetorical, tongue in cheek moment.

I agree.

This is just a fun little trip report.

I don't want it to turn into a religious debate.

Shoot, people have been killing each other for thousands of years because of religious differences.

This is just a trip repot.

So, I agree.

Let's move on!

TCD

Ya' know? This is now a couple TR's into the TCD canon that does not include photos of a popup camper. And this one without the Fort at all. One might get the impression that you're being seduced by the dark side. Hotels and day trips...next thing we'll hear about is sunburn, chicken from Medieval Times, and shopping for t-shirts on I-drive. (In Obi-Wan voice) Dude, use the Fort!

As always, I enjoy you're writing and photos.

BTW, consider the plight of the poor Rastas, they believe the Second Coming occurred already, and thought the end of the world would be "when the two 7's clash" which they considered July 7,1977. Kind of a premature Y2K. Oops! Love the music though!

OK, we are going to move on.

We are now in Epcot.

Our specific reason for coming here was to check out a new interactive area promoting the new Pixar movie, Brave, which will be in theaters in just over two weeks from now.

There is a sign here by the walkway telling us we are in the right place:

IMG_1400.jpg

And a larger sign over the sidewalk:

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

Just a couple of weeks ago, this sand sculpture was promoting the Disney chimpanzee movie. Now, it is promoting Brave:

IMG_1402.jpg

The TCD twins have been trying to figure out what the story is about. But so far, we haven't heard much.

We know that Merida apparently has three brothers who are called the triplets:

IMG_1403.jpg

And that Merida is an expert with a bow:

IMG_1404.jpg

I don't know who these people are or what they have to do with the story:

IMG_1405.jpg

So what goes on here is that they have a small area set aside for activities.

There is this wheel that you can spin:

IMG_1406.jpg

What is going on here is that you get a free button which corresponds with where the wheel stops.

It looks like there are eight possible results, but note that there are only four, as each name is repeated twice:

IMG_1407.jpg

This is what the buttons look like:

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

The girls both were hoping to get Merida's family. But only one did. The other got the MacGuffins and so did I.

The next stop was a little archery set up.

They were letting folks shoot an arrow at a target.

They do the same thing over at the Merida meet and greet at the MK.

Copycats.

The girls gave it a try.

Then they asked me to do it.

I declined.

The castmembers insisted.

I said sure, why not.

They were soon sorry.

I asked them if they had ever heard of Fernando Rodney?

They said they hadn't.

I said I was going to shoot my arrow like he does.

anolefan and MetalDad know what I'm talking about.

So here goes:

IMG_1411.jpg

This is my second favorite photo from this trip:

IMG_1412.jpg

In case you don't know who Fenando Rodney is, he is a relief pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays baseball team. So far this year, he is 17-1 on saves. When he finishes a game, he celebrates by shooting an imaginary arrow up in the sky. Kind of like I'm doing in that last photo above. Only my arrow isn't imaginary.

The next station was the haggis toss.

I have never had the pleasure of eating haggis.

From what I have heard it is served in a sheep stomach.

Sounds yummy.

And it sounds like the perfect thing to play with.

So, here's the haggis toss:

IMG_1413.jpg

The way it works is you put your haggis on that little see-saw thingy, and pound it with the mallet:

IMG_1415.jpg

There's the castmember loading up the haggis:

IMG_1416.jpg

This whole little area had just opened the day before. And they apparently had already run into some problems. The castmember in charge of this station made it very clear that we should not raise our mallets above shoulder level. Apparently, they had some haggi (is that the plural for haggis?) fly into the lake. Whoops.

Next up was some good old Scottish Corn Hole.

Only they had a different name for it.

But it looks like Corn Hole to me:

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

Then we got to toss some rubber logs.

They had a fancy name for this too.

But I don't remember it either.

Here we go:

IMG_1418.jpg

The castmember demonstrated. I tried to get a photo of her flying log, but I missed it. Sorry:

IMG_1419.jpg

The twins gave it a go:

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

There was one more activity after this.

It was over here behind the sand sculpture. I know that this is Merida's horse, and that his name is Angus:

IMG_1422.jpg

It looks like they were still working on the sculpture:

IMG_1423.jpg

The last activity was stone rubbing:

IMG_1424.jpg

I guess these symbols all relate to families from the movie:

IMG_1425.jpg

And these are the stones:

IMG_1426.jpg

That ended up being a fun little diversion.

And we got a free button.

It was now after noon.

Time for lunch.

Next stop, Mexico.

TCD

Ya' know? This is now a couple TR's into the TCD canon that does not include photos of a popup camper. And this one without the Fort at all. One might get the impression that you're being seduced by the dark side. Hotels and day trips...next thing we'll hear about is sunburn, chicken from Medieval Times, and shopping for t-shirts on I-drive. (In Obi-Wan voice) Dude, use the Fort!

As always, I enjoy you're writing and photos.

BTW, consider the plight of the poor Rastas, they believe the Second Coming occurred already, and thought the end of the world would be "when the two 7's clash" which they considered July 7,1977. Kind of a premature Y2K. Oops! Love the music though!

Well done, sir.

Very, very good!

As you well know, the problem this time of year is trying to find time to take a trip to the Fort.

Nobody wants to use the Fort more than I do.

And, I promise that I am never going to stay on I-drive.

TCD

You can't really go wrong with log tossing, shooting arrows at things, and getting free stuff!

I wish Fernando Rodney would have pitched that good for Detroit when we had him.....and he always wore his hat crooked which made me want to throw things at my TV.

He still wears his hat crooked.

The man is clearly a player.

I enjoy watching him. And that arrow thing cracks me up every time.

TCD

He still wears his hat crooked.

The man is clearly a player.

I enjoy watching him. And that arrow thing cracks me up every time.

TCD

I don't remember the arrow thing....maybe he didn't have his celebratory moves worked out at that point bc he blew so many games back then. Good to see he has put it all together and doing well.

Your pics of the sand sculpures are great. There is an amazing amount of detail. You've almost got me talked into to seeing BRAVE.

I often wonder how frustrating it must be to work so hard on something so temporary. The thought that you create the "perfect" sand sculpture, only to see if swooshed away a short time later. Wow, that is patience.

I don't remember the arrow thing....maybe he didn't have his celebratory moves worked out at that point bc he blew so many games back then. Good to see he has put it all together and doing well.

Here's a photo of him doing the arrow shooting thing:

628x471.jpg

He's only does that after he wins a game.

It has been 17 times already this year.

And I hope it's a lot more.

TCD

The arrow thing would crack me up.....anything better than how Tigers closer (Jose Valverde) acts after the final out. Comes in with a three run lead, gives up two runs quick then walks bases loaded, somehow gets out of jam (or loses) and then celebrates as if he just threw a no-hitter.

Can't wait for more TCD!

Your pics of the sand sculpures are great. There is an amazing amount of detail. You've almost got me talked into to seeing BRAVE.

I often wonder how frustrating it must be to work so hard on something so temporary. The thought that you create the "perfect" sand sculpture, only to see if swooshed away a short time later. Wow, that is patience.

My girls are stoked for Brave. I was thinking about this. They were born in 1995. They have never known a time when there was no Pixar. They love all the Pixar movies, and they are convinced that this one will be great.

The previous sand sculpture was discussed in CCIntrigue/Gwen's trip report. I think they put some kind of protective coating on it after it is carved. Otherwise, it would wash away after every rain.

I am definitely anti-hat being worn crooked.

It's a team sport.

Well, if I had to take a side, I would put myself down as anti-hat being worn crooked too.

I like my professional athletes to act like professionals.

And, as much as I laugh at the arrow thing, I am anti-stupid celebration moves. And yes, that includes Tebowing.

The arrow thing would crack me up.....anything better than how Tigers closer (Jose Valverde) acts after the final out. Comes in with a three run lead, gives up two runs quick then walks bases loaded, somehow gets out of jam (or loses) and then celebrates as if he just threw a no-hitter.

Can't wait for more TCD!

I'm glad we don't have Jose on the Rays. That would drive me nuts.

I will see what I can do about the more thing.

I do have more.

It's just a question of whether I can get it posted today.

TCD

As I mentioned, our plans for lunch were the Mexico quick serve.

I guess this has been open for just over a year now.

And we have been here plenty.

The girls like Mexican food.

I like the fact that they let you sit in the air conditoned seating area that is used for the full service restaurant in the evenings.

Here we are in our comfy booth. Two of us got the nachos, and one the beef tacos:

IMG_1428.jpg

The seating area is right on the water, and the view is tremendous:

IMG_1429.jpg

In addition to the booths, they have all kinds of other seating:

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

And here's the best part of all.

There are Banos right there in the room:

IMG_1431.jpg

What's not to like?

Today was not a very busy day at Epcot, but even on busy days, there is always open seating in here. Try it, you'll like it.

After lunch, we popped across the street and rode the Mexico boat ride.

Then we decided that it was time to head over to the MK.

I wanted to go by monorail.

The girls were fine with that.

So, we headed out.

I noticed that all of the Flower and Garden festival topiaries are now gone:

IMG_1434.jpg

I have a question for you Disney World experts.

What is the name of the place where the monorail takes you from here?

This is a multiple choice question.

Is the answer:

A. The Transportation and Ticket Center.

or

B. The Ticket and Transportation Center.

Which is it?

I always say Transportation and Ticket Center.

But, according to this sign, I'm wrong:

IMG_1435.jpg

But wait.

This sign is about eight feet from that sign, and according to it, I'm right:

IMG_1436.jpg

What the Fort?

Make up your mind, people!

No wonder I'm confused.

So far, we had good luck with our transportation.

When we got to the monorail station, just as soon as we got up the stairs, here comes a monorail.

It had to drive around Future World real quick.

So, I got to take a photo of this flag and the giant golf ball:

IMG_1438.jpg

And, then our monorial pulled in to the station:

IMG_1439.jpg

We headed to the Ticket and Transportation Center I mean the Transportation and Ticket Center.

Along the way, we traveled right over this road:

IMG_1440.jpg

Any true Fiend knows that's the road to the Fort.

There seem to be some new buildings at the old Stolport:

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

You know what that means.

They are going to rip up the Fort and build a DVC resort.

The MK parking lot looks a little busy:

IMG_1444.jpg

I like the flags flying in this photo and the tunnel that the trams use to go back and forth to the parking lot:

IMG_1445.jpg

As we pull into the station, I notice a lot of people down on the ground wearing red t-shirts, including this guy, who is also holding a rainbow flag:

IMG_1446.jpg

So what is with the red t-shirts?

And the rainbow flag?

Remember that first plane banner?

We will soon see what it was warning people about.

TCD

Very funny!

And since you admitted to being fooled twice, I would say that maybe you are the most gullible person here.

Hey, have you heard this one? :

Look- someone wrote gullible up there on the ceiling.

TCD

You'll be glad to know I did not look up. This is a proud moment. :rofl3: