Camping World ends agreement with Lazy-Days

Not sure where this should go, it may be of interest to all of you in Florida.

Here is the link to the article in RV Business

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/06/camping-world-ends-agreement-with-lazydays-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RvBusiness+%28RV+Business%29

I know many of you like Lazydays but I am not a fan. Got treated like crap when trying to make a deal there and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope they move the camping world store to another location on I-4. Parking is always a nightmare there especially when towing your camper and the guard house to be questioned "where are you going" is just plain stupid.

My Mom had a bad slip at the pool at Lazy Days several weeks ago while attending a rally there. Dislocated her shoulder and shattered a bone in her upper arm. She's had two surgeries to put things back together including some screws and such. So don't bad mouth Lazy Days....I may own it someday! :rofl2:

In all seriousness, she's doing quite well today. Lazy Days helped my Dad out by storing their motorhome for them while he got my Mom home from the hospital to the Villages and kept it until he could get back down there. I've never been to LD, but my parents have been happy with the service they've received there. But I'm not surprised that the affiliation with Camping World would end, as CW has moved more heavily into RV sales nationally and competes with LD for sales and service.

My Mom had a bad slip at the pool at Lazy Days several weeks ago while attending a rally there. Dislocated her shoulder and shattered a bone in her upper arm. She's had two surgeries to put things back together including some screws and such. So don't bad mouth Lazy Days....I may own it someday! :rofl2:

In all seriousness, she's doing quite well today. Lazy Days helped my Dad out by storing their motorhome for them while he got my Mom home from the hospital to the Villages and kept it until he could get back down there. I've never been to LD, but my parents have been happy with the service they've received there. But I'm not surprised that the affiliation with Camping World would end, as CW has moved more heavily into RV sales nationally and competes with LD for sales and service.

Dave, I'm glad they are treating your mom right. I know a lot of people who have had great experiences with them, unfortunatley I was the one who did not. I hope she gets well soon. I do think the camping world in that location is bad as I explained earlier

Dave, I'm glad they are treating your mom right. I know a lot of people who have had great experiences with them, unfortunatley I was the one who did not. I hope she gets well soon. I do think the camping world in that location is bad as I explained earlier

I've always heard very mixed reviews on the place. I don't know if it depends on what salesman you get, or just luck. I've heard the worst stories about their service center (of course, after they've finished the sale). But my parents have been pretty lucky in that regard too. Who knows?

Our experience with them was weird. They took us all over the place to see everything back and forth and when we got to what we wanted to see, they had a total of 4 pop ups. I was a bit disappointed to say the least. We rode around on a golf cart for about 15 minutes before seeing them. None was what we had requested. I would have thought that they would have had more than that. Oh well.

I also think it is the salesman you get. I left there 2x and brought campers in other places. When we went to look again, Matt had a friend that worked there and she told us about a good salesman and he was the best. He has since gone into his own business and works with them, but he was very laid back and knew just what I wanted, which is the MH we now have with lots of storage. There is also another salesman that is there I know Deb has worked with him and he is really good also, I know Matt has worked with him and done work on his golf cart,.

Now their service department is another story, I missed my whole vacation 3 years ago because right after we got it Rich was on his way to the Fort and had a accident and it was in their service dept. for 2 weeks. If we hadn't camped out at their door it would probably still be there LOL

any business you deal with that involves salesmen, that person is what makes the deal and dealership good or bad. I grew up in the car industry with my dad having a dealership in the 70's and 80's and I can't belive how laxed most salespeople are these days. I guess they just don't want to make money. I agree with the BS about seeing a receptionist before you can walk the lot. Looking at the units at your own pace will allow you to see new floorplans and make you want to trade up. (that's why I am banned from the RV supershow at the fairgrounds...lol) I guess that does keep a lot of "real" trailer trash with 10 dirty kids ruining the carpet in all the new units

If I can not look at the units without a salesman I usually end up leaving the dealership I try to be polite and tell them that I do not want to tie up a salesman but if I find something I like I will be more then glad to talk with one, most of the times this works. I have some dealers that if the units are locked they have given me the keys and told have fun( my kind of dealer).

Well this will be interesting to watch how it will unfold... Since I have been doing a lot of work in the Tampa/Brandon area for the last couple of years, CW and LD has been the place I go to kill an hour or so before heading to the airport in Tampa to fly home... When I want to go look at RV's at LD, I simply walk in and tell the receptionist that I would like to just browse around and look, she says make yourself at home and away I go. I have appreciated the fact that they didn't sick one of their salesfolk out to pester me.... they just let me wander around at my leisure. All the units are unlocked, unless its been sold, and most time the A/C's are running.

Same thing with CW, even though I have reached the point where I really don't need any new gadgets, I still like to bum around and see what they have on the shelves. Like someone else said, that place is always a zoo. If they can't reach some sort of agreement, they can move that store anywhere within a 20 mile radius of I-4 and I-75 and make a killing...

I've got to go down again this Tuesday, I just might wander over there and see what's going on....

We had a really good experience at Lazydays. But yes, it probably had a lot to do w/ our salesperson. We REALLY liked him and he treated us wonderfully even though we were only looking at Passports :). I would probably buy from them again - if they had something we liked. Right now, they don't really carry bunk house TTs we like (i am in love w/ Open Ranges....which only Bates sells around here). When we bought our Passport, we were limited by weight because we towed w/ a Suburban. We now have a Ford 350 and have much more options for TTs. You'd think a dealership that big could carry something other than Passports and Laredos for families. Just last weekend, DH and I walked around the lot w/out a salesperson to check out a couple of TTs we saw online. We went to Bates a couple of weeks ago to look...just wasn't anything like Lazydays.

I actually just spent the weekend there at the campground for a "girls" weekend away (it was all homeschool planning stuff, so really wasn't super exciting). But it served the purpose, my one friend is anti camping so having sewer hook up and free wi fi was a must.

I agree, CW is in a weird location but it has been nice to have it close by. Even when DH set up the TT for me on Thursday evening, he had to make a trip over to CW to get a few things. We could've gotten by w/out it, but it sure was easy :)

BTW, I need to be banned from the RV Supershow.....saw the Mesa Ridge there and haven't been the same......

I don't do well with high pressure tactics and they are masters in that area. I don't like that you have to go through the receptionist/salesmen to see the campers. I like to look at my leisure at what I see that interests me!

High pressure salesman & I don't get along. Was pushed to my breaking point by one once & purposely caused a scene in the showroom when he went from high pressure to flat out telling me lies. We don't have LD up here & I won't go to CW because they have ridiculous prices.

Stopped by there today before catching my plane home, and other than them re-striping a section of the parking lot, it looked to be business as usual. I guess things will get a bit cozy there when LD and CW start competing selling campers basically on the same strip of ground....