Looks like parking at the Outpost is going to get tricky...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get me started on signs in Spanish. That really burns me. And for the one or two of you that think I'm being rather harsh, I am an immigrant, and I don't want to see signs in my native language

No squirrels, just wild Black bears.

You know what, I do the same thing sometimes when I can't park at someone's site. Carol, can I have an exemption?

i like bears... cute, cuddly, fun to watch, even climb trees on occassion... and besides that, who ever heard of a bear eating all their water & elec lines?

Yup, we should replace all the squirrels at the fort with black bears... maybe even include a polar bear or two in the name of diversity...

Is this local free loader issue a real issue? florida offers gator permits to keep the numbers under control . Maybe a freeloader permit?

Is this local free loader issue a real issue? florida offers gator permits to keep the numbers under control . Maybe a freeloader permit?

It's not an issue to the idiots who manage the Fort.

But it is an issue to anyone who is paying for a campsite and wishes to visit the pool on any summer weekend or holiday day.

If you don't believe it, go and see for yourself. If you want to go swimming, don't forget your shoehorn. And if you want to sit by the pool BYOC (bring your own chair), because those all get claimed for the day early.

TCD

Well, now, what I saw makes more sense.

Went to the Meadows to get some drink refills and passed the grills and tables area. It was filled with people. I mean like 50 or more people. Tin foil on grills, blue and red coolers everywhere and almost all the seats taken with people or stuff. I was trying to figure out how many campsites they must have purchased to have a reunion that big.

I guess they didn't buy any campsites.

Went to the Meadows to get some drink refills and passed the grills and tables area. It was filled with people. I mean like 50 or more people. Tin foil on grills, blue and red coolers everywhere and almost all the seats taken with people or stuff. I was trying to figure out how many campsites they must have purchased to have a reunion that big.

EXACTLY!!!

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I have seen it many times.

Last 4th of July, I was in site 1501, right behind the 1500 loop bus stop. I saw folks getting off the bus in the morning loaded with stuff for the pool. And folks schlepping their stuff back to the bus late in the day. Then there were the folks who got driven in by car and dropped off with their stuff. And, then there were some who parked their cars right in the open area at the front of the 1500 loop.

One day over the weekend, some idiot managers were at the pool checking for KTTW cards and issuing wristbands. They were only there for an hour maybe. There was nobody checking for cards or wristbands after that.

It apparently is a well known fact among freeloaders that the Fort is a great place to enjoy a Disney pool without being hassled.

TCD

Just about every time I pick up or drop off at the Fort, I see either freeloaders walking from the overflow lot, ready and armed for a picnic or freeloaders getting off the bus and heading for the overflow lot. They're using it to avoid the parking fees at the parks.

I actually can't talk. On occasion we used to do the same thing when we would stay off property, although not to avoid the parking fees (we have an annual pass), but to avoid moving the truck from park to park and unloading and loading the scooter more than once a day!! We usually ended the day visiting Fiends anyway, so it was easier to have our truck where we ended the day.

Just about every time I pick up or drop off at the Fort, I see either freeloaders walking from the overflow lot, ready and armed for a picnic or freeloaders getting off the bus and heading for the overflow lot. They're using it to avoid the parking fees at the parks.

I see it every time I'm at the Outpost.

Every time.

The Fort bus drivers graciously welcome the freeloaders, and off they go to the pool.

If you really want to see something, go to the Outpost bus stop on Halloween night.

You will see all the freeloaders getting off the buses and heading to their cars with big bands of candy given to them by the generous Fort campers who paid handsomely for the privilege.

TCD

I actually can't talk. On occasion we used to do the same thing when we would stay off property, although not to avoid the parking fees (we have an annual pass), but to avoid moving the truck from park to park and unloading and loading the scooter more than once a day!! We usually ended the day visiting Fiends anyway, so it was easier to have our truck where we ended the day.

Ok. we'll give you an exemption, but only because of who you are.