Looks like parking at the Outpost is going to get tricky...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get me started on signs in Spanish. That really burns me. And for the one or two of you that think I'm being rather harsh, I am an immigrant, and I don't want to see signs in my native language

No squirrels, just wild Black bears.

You know what, I do the same thing sometimes when I can't park at someone's site. Carol, can I have an exemption?

Very true Annie. I hate the time right after leaving and realizing how long it will be until you return. Thanks for the perspective! 17 months down. 7 to go!

yes it is hard 3days down 2 days to go :jumpforjoy

I hate to bring it back to the original topic, Allears reports that they're paving the parking lots.

I haven't had to go to the Fort for a few days, but I've been told by other drivers that have gone there, that the lots are only being coated and that it's already done. Great reporting Allears.

Thanks for bringing this back on topic.

This is great news for all the freeloaders!

Speaking of which, here is a previously unpublished photograph from my Spring Break 2012 visit to the Fort.

I had just finished packing up the camper, and moved it out to the overflow lot. I hopped on the bus to take me back to the 1500 loop so I could get my cart and do some afternoon looping when the bus was stopped by this family, who was dropped off at the bus stop by a car:

bus.jpg

Based on the conversation I overheard, these folks were not staying at the Fort, and they were on their way to the pool to meet up with some more people who were not staying at the Fort.

TCD

I'm mad for not taking a picture of this now, but on our last trip...

There was a huge birthday party going on at one of the picnic tables by the tennis courts. They had coolers galore, grilling, presents, a ton of food, and a ton of people.

We also saw them loading up after the party. They had an SUV backed all the way up to the pavilion to load up.

Now that I think about it, I really doubt they were Fort guests. No way they could have been.

That was them!! I bet you saw the same party I did. Weren't there a LOT of people? It looked like a lot of different family groups and I couldn't figure out how many campsites they would have needed.

I'm mad for not taking a picture of this now, but on our last trip...

There was a huge birthday party going on at one of the picnic tables by the tennis courts. They had coolers galore, grilling, presents, a ton of food, and a ton of people.

We also saw them loading up after the party. They had an SUV backed all the way up to the pavilion to load up.

Now that I think about it, I really doubt they were Fort guests. No way they could have been.

This is nothing new. I have seen this type of things many times. On holiday weeknds, folks show up at that pavilion early and put their stuff all over the tables to claim them. They typically are dropped off by cars and they clearly are not coming from any of the campsites.

This problem is known to the management of the Fort.

You want to know how they addressed it?

They put up these signs on the pavilion last year:

100_1046.jpg

100_1047.jpg

This is asinine.

Why do I say that?

First of all, the whole pool area is for the exclusive use of the paying customers of the Fort.

Isn't it?

And what good is some stupid sign going to do to deter people who are bold enough to invade a resort that they are not staying in?

Does anyone ever stop by the pavilion to ask for resort ID's?

No.

Why not?

Because they Fort is managed by idiots.

Here's your sign.

TCD

I'm thinking I should have a black cap made up that has a fake but official looking seal on it that says "immigration". Wear a collared white shirt with black pants, then walk around the pool and picnic areas to see how many freeloaders scramble for the newly coated overflow lot.

I'm thinking I should have a black cap made up that has a fake but official looking seal on it that says "immigration". Wear a collared white shirt with black pants, then walk around the pool and picnic areas to see how many freeloaders scramble for the newly coated overflow lot.

You raise a valid point.

Perhaps that new sign should have been written in spanish?

TCD

Perhaps that new sign should have been written in spanish?

Don't get me started on signs in Spanish. That really burns me.

And for the one or two of you that think I'm being rather harsh, I am an immigrant, and I don't want to see signs in my native language either.

SPEAK ENGLISH!!!

Where are the freeloaders supposed to park for the 4th?

TCD

I present as evidence, your honor, post #8, posted by none other than TCD, that took this thread which BTW, was based on a false report by Allears regarding alleged paving of the overflow parking lot.

This is what took this topic on a totally different direction and not my request about not getting me started on Spanish signs.

Tom, I assure you that no one cares what the paying customers of Fort Wilderness think.

That has been proven time and time again.

Just bring a lot of beer and don't worry about it.

TCD

Disney is not stupid. Even though thier revenues may be down from previous years, (don't quote me Lou), Disney knows if you don't spend your money with them, someone else will. Why do you think there is no huge promotions at Disney like there are at Busch Gardens? If we ban to not camp at the fort due to the managment not taking care of paying guest, a whole new group of so called Fiends will come and start from the beginning like we all did. It would be something that either on the 4th (which I hear is the biggest freeloader gathering is) or Halloween, all the fiends that are at the fort at those times, ban together and make security go to the pool and prove thier are freeloaders (without geting kicked out of course) I don't know what else we could do. Drink beer, vodka, ignore them and hopefully not get too courageous to take the role of fort security ourselves

Drink beer, vodka,

You forgot wine.

So back to the original topic, repaving the parking lots.

I was finally sent there tonight, so I can make an accurate eye witness report.

About half of the lots are newly coated and stripped, but no paving going on. It's being done in sections so as to not affect day to day freeloading.

According to Allears, the paving, not, was supposed to be completed by July 12th. I think the coating and stripping will be done before that, so minimal interruptions for the freeloaders.

If any of the Fiends see people that appear to be the "free loaders" can't we report tham and check to see if anything is done? If nothing is done, we keep reporting until it is. They will eventually get tired ot us and maybe do something about it.

When we have visitors, which is not very often, they go through a big deal to get in to see us. They always have our site number and we have already notified the people at the check in booths that we are expecting company. Yet, these other folks just come in any time. :soapbox:

• 2 weeks later...

This is nothing new. I have seen this type of things many times. On holiday weeknds, folks show up at that pavilion early and put their stuff all over the tables to claim them. They typically are dropped off by cars and they clearly are not coming from any of the campsites.

100_1046.jpg

100_1047.jpg

This is asinine.

Why do I say that?

First of all, the whole pool area is for the exclusive use of the paying customers of the Fort.

Isn't it?

And what good is some stupid sign going to do to deter people who are bold enough to invade a resort that they are not staying in?

No.

Why not?

Here's your sign.

TCD

That sign probably makes a good towel rack!

100_1046.jpg

100_1047.jpg

This is asinine.

Why do I say that?

Isn't it?

No.

Why not?

Here's your sign.

TCD

That sign probably makes a good towel rack!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: