I posted in introductions but have a few questions...we are traveling from PA to FW Oct 11-13. Hoping to stay in St. Augustine one night and then check into FW on 14th until the 19th. We have a 33ft TT. The gaggle of us include me and my husband and 3 kiddos 5DD,3 DD and 11mo DS. (i feel crazy just typing this, man will it be a lot of work).

1. Any suggestions for a campground in st. augustine?

2. Any suggestions for a premium loop? or site? Don't need CS will be using camper. No pets. Have golf cart.

3. Going to AK lodge to eat at Boma, should we drive or take buses?

4. Any pools with water slides?

5. How long does it take to get to MK from FW by Ferry?

1 bryn mawr (sp) is ON the beach nice pool

2premium site has no seashell mess to drag into camper

3Dont tell lou but it is quicker to drive

4 YES

5 30 to 40 min

I posted in introductions but have a few questions...we are traveling from PA to FW Oct 11-13. Hoping to stay in St. Augustine one night and then check into FW on 14th until the 19th. We have a 33ft TT. The gaggle of us include me and my husband and 3 kiddos 5DD,3 DD and 11mo DS. (i feel crazy just typing this, man will it be a lot of work).

1. Any suggestions for a campground in st. augustine?

2. Any suggestions for a premium loop? or site? Don't need CS will be using camper. No pets. Have golf cart.

3. Going to AK lodge to eat at Boma, should we drive or take buses?

4. Any pools with water slides?

5. How long does it take to get to MK from FW by Ferry?

First welcome!!

Other will be along to help you with 1-3. The fort has a pool with a slide and a small kids splash/slide area.

5. I think is about 10-20 minutes but someone will be along that knows for sure!

Welcome! I'm glad you're here! It will be an awesome experience!

1. I know some folks will chime in on this one. I live on the other side of Florida.

2. We like the 500 loop, but honestly they are all pretty awesome!

3. I would drive to AKL for Boma.

4. The Meadows pool has a water slide

5. Not long, depends on how long you wait!

Give Lou a Hug. Tourists at night on a crowded bus - you couldn't pay me enough.

With number 5 - do you mean the Ferry from the TTC or the boats that run from the Fort Dock? Boats from the dock start 1/2 before park opens but I think most people think it is an hour because man is that line long at 45 minutes before. You can also take the boat to CR and walk or monorail it. That boat starts running at 6:45 or some weird time.

That actual boat ride - as in, from the time the boat leaves one dock until it gets to the other - is only about 12-15 minutes. And then add time for loading/unloading, and having to wait for the boat.

When we're there in November and there isn't a big line, it's usually a total of 30-45 minutes from the time we arrive at the dock until we're walking through the MK gates.

And yes, as Lou always says, if you're tyring to get somewhere quickly ALWAYS DRIVE. :)

Welcome!

It looks like all your questions got answered.

I have another suggestion for you on a premium loop.

With kids the ages of yours, you may enjoy being on the 1200 or 1300 loop. These are not pet loops, and there is a nice playground at the loop entrance- no roads to cross. As an added bonus, these are close to the Meadow Trading Post and the pool.

There is a nice playground area across from the 500 loop. But, that is a pet loop and the dog park is there. If you like dogs, fine. If you would prefer to be away from them then I say 1200/1300 for you.

TCD

Lou is very crabby at two am it seems lmao

I wouldn't limit it to 2AM.

Give Lou a Hug. Tourists at night on a crowded bus - you couldn't pay me enough.

It's not that bad. 99% of the people are fine.

You just have to make sure that the guest's realize that the driver has the situation under control and not to take any crap from them, in a nice way of course.

"Move em in, move em out, keep them dogies rollin."

smiley_whip.gif