Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

The only thing I can imagine is that is was a temporary structure used in the construction process?  The railing along the top looks like construction railing. 

Since there is no permanent structure that I can think of that resembles this, I think you're right.

Maybe it is a platform that was used in conjunction with the crane that seems to be in that photo.

TCD

Wow.

What are the odds that the video would show up here all those years later?

Pretty cool!

TCD

Do I get a TCD RMOG award or something for finding lost footage of Discamper.  What are the odds?

I meant to ask a question about this photo.

I think it is taken from around the area of the MK monorail station, looking toward the Contemporary Resort.

So, what is that round platform on the right side of the photo? 

TCD

I thought this track was the people mover going into space mountian if indeed that structure is space mountian.  I guess I am interpeting it from a different view

Wow.

What are the odds that the video would show up here all those years later?

Pretty cool!

TCD

Do I get a TCD RMOG award or something for finding lost footage of Discamper.  What are the odds?

I think it is taken from around the area of the MK monorail station, looking toward the Contemporary Resort.

TCD

I thought this track was the people mover going into space mountian if indeed that structure is space mountian.  I guess I am interpeting it from a different view

Do I get a TCD RMOG award or something for finding lost footage of Discamper. What are the odds?

You do deserve some kind of award.

I'll have to think of an appropriate name.

I thought this track was the people mover going into space mountian if indeed that structure is space mountian. I guess I am interpeting it from a different view

You could be right- I was thinking that we were looking at monorail track. But this could be an area around Space Mountain. That makes sense. I don't think the monorail track would be in such an unfinished state when it looks like the Contemporary Tower is complete.

TCD

You could be right- I was thinking that we were looking at monorail track. But this could be an area around Space Mountain. That makes sense. I don't think the monorail track would be in such an unfinished state when it looks like the Contemporary Tower is complete.

TCD

Good questions are being raised...but unless the PeopleMover was rebuilt at some point, those beams don't look like the PM support structure.  However, in looking more closely at them, they don't really look like the current monorail beams either...which aren't shaped like a "T".  Maybe they just aren't finished, though.  Either way, I think the PM has two angled legs supporting it, at least from what I remember.  This might be another of those unsolved mysteries. 

TCD

That is the construction for the TTC from EPCOT and beams

That was also my first thought, but the angle of the CR doesn't look right.  Unless the photo negative were reversed....

that would put this pic right on top of the WL

The 60's Worlds fair had two towers the looked like that. EPCOT was built on the World Fair them

I have no recollection of a giant hockey puck being utilized in any capacity relating to the 1964 World's Fair.

I assume these are the towers of which you speak:

New_York_Worlds_Fair_1964_New_York_Pavil

Those do not look like the hockey puck on the number one in front of Epcot.

TCD

I have no recollection of a giant hockey puck being utilized in any capacity relating to the 1964 World's Fair.

I assume these are the towers of which you speak:

New_York_Worlds_Fair_1964_New_York_Pavil

Those do not look like the hockey puck on the number one in front of Epcot.

TCD

Hey isn't that the structure we can't figure out in the monorail track pic...lol