Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

These mave been posted before, but I thought they were pretty cool and retro. Mentions a couple places I have never heard of like the Disney Inn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vfxUWDfbg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnGB-opUbZw

These mave been posted before, but I thought they were pretty cool and retro. Mentions a couple places I have never heard of like the Disney Inn

I don't recall ever having seen either one of those videos.

It is amazing to me how dated everything looks considering these are from 1987.  If I didn't know that, I would have guessed early 80's, and some of the footage looks like it was shot in the 70's.

I love the computer Jiminy uses at the beginning.  And the "cool" push button phones.  Things have changed a lot in the last 25 years.

TCD

Disney Inn, now SOG, I remember that.

The Disney Inn was the first place we ever stayed on Disney property back in early 90's... just before we sailed on the Big Red Boat, Disney's very early days entering the cruise line business.

I don't recall ever having seen either one of those videos.

It is amazing to me how dated everything looks considering these are from 1987.  If I didn't know that, I would have guessed early 80's, and some of the footage looks like it was shot in the 70's.

I love the computer Jiminy uses at the beginning.  And the "cool" push button phones.  Things have changed a lot in the last 25 years.

TCD

I said the same thing.  Shows how old we are getting that late 80's stuff looks vintage.  I did love though not seeing anyone talking on thier cell phone or checking thier "beeper".  Those were the days when you were on vacation, you were on vacation.  I can't tell you how many times I have been putting fires out on my cell phone while waiting for IASW.  Even though it was 1987, Disney seemed so much more simplier back then with only 2 parks, a few resorts, an island with animals worth waiting for a boat ride and a good ol fashioned swimming hole.  I hate to see what it will look like when my 4yo gets to be my age...lol