Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Hospital gave me one once. After the first time the damn thing went off in a movie I accidentally dropped it in a puddle.

They didn't do anything except vibrate and beep. A good one would give you a callback number. A really good one could give you a brief message, too.

They didn't do anything except vibrate and beep. A good one would give you a callback number. A really good one could give you a brief message, too.

There was a brief period in time, in the mid-80's, before there were cell phones, when the beeper was a "cool" fashion accessory among the young people.  Note how the young meatball with the hair in the photo is wearing his proudly on the front of his jorts.

TCD

472806_242249772583125_646622282_o_zps21

Wow. Does this bring back memories. I just about drowned off the side of this floating platform at the age of about 5.

Shouldn't there be a canon in this photo?

TCD

The cannon didn't last long. Just a few years in the beginning, if memory serves me right. But yes, this is where the cannon was.

Wow, cool pic!  No roof over the cups yet.  I guess that is Cosmic Ray's on the left?  And Mr Toad on the right?  It looks so open in the area where the Fairytale Garden is....those trees haven't filled in yet.

you're right it looks so weird from what we see now to what it was before.

All right, I've got to know: What is the deal with these old photos? How are they such incredibly high quality and new-looking? These old pictures look so new it's haunting, like they don't seem real. How are you doing this? Are you using some software that fixes them or are you transferring old slide images to digital or what?! This is incredible!

Those construction pictures of the Fort look like they were taken literally yesterday. Like I said, it's haunting. There's no other word I can think of for it.

All right, I've got to know: What is the deal with these old photos? How are they such incredibly high quality and new-looking? These old pictures look so new it's haunting, like they don't seem real. How are you doing this? Are you using some software that fixes them or are you transferring old slide images to digital or what?! This is incredible!

Those construction pictures of the Fort look like they were taken literally yesterday. Like I said, it's haunting. There's no other word I can think of for it.

You know those phone booths at England in Epcot?  One of them is actually Todd's TARDIS.