Interesting Closures in Mousesavers Newsletter

Was reading my monthly Mousesavers newsletter this morning and saw some closures I hadn't seen before. (www.mousesavers.com)

· Characters in Flight Balloon Rides (Downtown Disney) suspended indefinitely.

· Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 7/22/12 for refurbishment.

· Cape May Cafe (Yacht & Beach Club Resorts) closed through 8/4/12 for refurbishment.

· Beach Pool Bar (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 8/24/12.

· Bistro de Paris (Epcot) closed through 9/30/12 for refurbishment.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at how Rita phrased the question. Wouldn't a yes response actually be saying that yes, we don't like her? So a no response is saying that we do like her.

No

There is always the French restaurant downstairs.

Characters in Flight was taken down (literally) after an accident in China with a similar balloon made by the same company. It was supposedly due for replacement this fall anyway, so now they're giving it a complete going over before restoring it to service. No re-opening date announced yet.

The GF closures were just announced last week as part of refurbs going on all over the resort from now through the end of the year.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6969-closuresrefurbishments-coming-to-grand-floridian/page__hl__%2Bgrand+%2Bfloridian

Cape May and Bistro de Paris were announced back in May. Rumor is that Bistro de Paris' closure has something to do with the bakery renovation...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6286-restaurant-refurbs-coming-confirmed-and-rumors/page__hl__%2Bcape+%2Bcafe

Work is bad. 8)

A balloon in China suddenly lost air and fell 200 feet. A bunch of people got hurt. Disney took theirs down immediately as a precaution.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Characters-in-Flight/News/01Jul2012-Characters-in-Flight-closed-pending-investigation-into-an-accident-with-a-similar-balloon-in-Hong-Kong.htm

We've been waiting for Characters in Flight to come back up since we got here July 1. They even took the balloon down so it's just an empty kiosk but CMs had promised it'd be back up eventually. I wonder if they were right?

On another note... wdw dining told us two weeks ago when we called for clambake ressies that Cape May Cafe was ala carte - even gave me a price range instead of a single cost. I just assumed she was mistaken and we ate at TE instead. Thinking now that maybe they were doing the ala carte until renovations began...

So it seems that "official Disney sources" have yet to confirm that Bistro de Paris is actually closing, and so far you can still make reservations online.

It's been reported by a bunch of sites - usually reliable ones - but it's possible that this is one of those rumors that took hold and spread. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I'm not crazy about heights so the balloon thing would never be on my agenda anyways...but hearing about that accident in China seals the deal for me.

I'm with you on that one. Suffering from vertigo, the last thing I want to do is look up much less go up. I was sending Starla, the BF and DD11. DH said he didn't like the idea last year but I thought it was just the mechanic dad in him looking for problems like he does at carnivals. Darn, I hate admitting it when he's right...

I know this isn't really about the post but Carol is there anyway you can email me the newletter? i signed up a week ago but didn't get it and I really need to order some tickets with the discount. My email is [email protected]. Thank you!

Will do a bit later this evening when I switch to the puter where the email is actually stored :)