The debate about whether the person that plays Tinker Bell that flies, via a cable, from the castle before wishes is a male or female has been going on for years.

This proves that you have to be at the right place at the right time.

While walking back stage from the front of the MK to a CM cafeteria, I hear wishes start and what do I see, the very hot, I hope, Tinker Bell streaming across the sky to her, or his landing spot.

The red dot is where I was standing and the red line is the flight path. I had a perfect view.

So is Tink a boy or girl, I'll be back later.

Tinker.jpg

I believe, in order to remain politically correct, Disney uses a eunuch.

I know at least one of them is a girl, cause I was on the bridge to Tommorowland once and she flew right over me. If she was a dude she had some major work done. Please don't destroy a guy's last remaining fantasy, Lou.

I have done exhaustive research on this subject.

It seems that the Dwarf's mine is not as productive as in years past. Therefore:

Snow White was forced to get a night job, flying off of castles.

At least that's the way I heard it!! :rofl3:

Some have questioned whether or not Disney would have a female CM doing it because of the dangerous nature of the show.

And it is dangerous. You have the height factor to contend with and the landing. Lots of things could go wrong.

I was surprised at how fast Tink was still going just before entering the landing platform.

As the landing platform is covered up with lattice work, I couldn't see the final 20 feet of the landing, but I did see who emerged from the platform.

The first person to emerge was a very large man. I'm assuming he was the Tinker Bell catcher.

The second person to emerge was a man carrying a very large bag which I'm sure contained the wings, harness, etc that Tink needed in order to do the stunt.

And the third person was...............a girl.

Yup, flying Tinker Bell is a girl.

She looked nothing like Tinker Bell, but it was a girl.

There is a thread on another WDW website asking, where does Tinker Bell go? The last sentence says that the OP heard a rumor that they use a guy as Tinker Bell.

I have a very brief and dark video clip showing her slamming into the man holding a foam pad.

As I said she's still traveling at a pretty clip when she slams into him.

I believe that what appears to be her hair with lights, is actually a safety helmet that is lit up.

A few years ago I filed a complaint (or at least letting Disney management know what they had on their shelves) about a certain "Tinkerbell" glass statuette that was sold at the glass kiosk at Germany in Epcot. (I found out later it was being sold all over the place). I had seen this once & reported it so when I saw it the 2nd time a month later I really had to complain a bit. Tinkerbell was sitting "Indian style" She might have had bubbies, but she also had the male part too! A little too much glass in the crotch area. My family started calling it/her "TinkerBob" How I do wish we'd bought one!! On my next visit it/she was gone. I've never seen another like it. So my vote is that it/she is a hermaphrodite, or between gender changing surgeries.

From the Cottrell family blog

Tinker Bell or Tinker Bill?

Since there is much to be debated on the gender of this flying wonder, I will refer to Tink as It.

Here it is making the amazing trip from the top of Matterhorn Mountain, to her landing platform in fantasy land. There are all kinds of stories concerning the identity of tink. Some say that Tink is a definately a she and that she comes from a long line of women in a specific family that has dominated the role since the opening of the park. Others say that Tink is a man and that he would have to be in order to be heavy enough to pull it off physically. Some say that there are two different tinks, one is a robot and the other is a person. Perhaps the world will never know the truth

We were on a backstage tour about ten years ago and the tour guide referred to the flyer as "Tinker Bob" and claimed "he" was the highest paid cast member in the park.

Maybe there's a new Tink in town since then!

Whatever the gender it's still a pretty amazing sight.

If you've seen the Disneyland Tinker Bell she/he is even more amazing. She flies away then comes back to fly away again!

We were on a backstage tour about ten years ago and the tour guide referred to the flyer as "Tinker Bob"

Tour guide is the key word here.

Unless that tour guide actually saw that it was a guy, and I doubt that he or she has taken the time to do that, they're just propagating the rumor that's been around for ever. I heard and read it many times.

After having seen her, I can see why someone might think it's a man. She was not the most petite woman I've ever seen and she wears a white body suit with all kinds of things attached to it.

"he" was the highest paid cast member in the park.

They're not your typical CM. I'm sure she is a professional whatever someone that does that is called.

They should be the highest paid, it can be dangerous.

Maybe there's a new Tink in town since then!

After ten years, it's probably a different one and it's safe to assume that there is more than one.

If you've seen the Disneyland Tinker Bell she/he is even more amazing. She flies away then comes back to fly away again!

I've seen the Disneyland Tinker Bell and yes it is cool. They have it fixed somehow where she does fly in two different directions. Not just hurtling down in one direction. DL has the Matterhorn that they use. It's really hard to describe.