Carol at the Fort in a Tent!! Are You Nuts!!! YUP!!!

Carol, your pictures are great I'm so glad AoA is where you decided to tour.

However, I also have to say wow but not in a good way. I think I'd get a headache staying there. It's just too busy, too many color pops. Your photos have affirmed that AoA is not for me. However, I can see that it would have appeal to families with young children.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You succeeded.

Carol, that shot of the monorail is fantastic. How you managed not to catch the parts falling off in the shot is amazing. Not to mention the flames shooting out the back.

Buses arrive about every 20 minutes, so shut up and wait like a good little boy should.

Awesome pics, Carol! Love the ones looking back towards Pop. You are right, we've seen the opposite view oodles of times. I remember thinking when they opened the "legendary years" that I would be trying it out. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that now 'cause you'll find me at the Fort!

:banana: Bring it on! Got my bathing suit on, grabbing the towels. I'm all ready to sit in a cone with a cool drink now... :jumpforjoy

Those cones are cool!!

Honey,

I am afraid I need to remind you that you aren't in Florida anymore and if you proceed to talk this way... well people will start to talk. To many people start talking and they might decide to commit you. If they commit you, you will not be able to go back to Florida.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

That is FUNNY right there!!

That resort is just wow!

Yes it is!!

Carol, your pictures are great I'm so glad AoA is where you decided to tour.

However, I also have to say wow but not in a good way. I think I'd get a headache staying there. It's just too busy, too many color pops. Your photos have affirmed that AoA is not for me. However, I can see that it would have appeal to families with young children.

Yeah, I know Blue is not your favorite color and with the Nemo and Little Mermaid sections, that is a LOT of Blue. Radiator Springs and the Lion King sections are a lot more earth tones

Looking forward to the trip to Radiator Springs! Its the best damn town in carburetor county.....or so I've heard.

Yes it is!!

Can't wait to get my kicks, on Route 66! :doodebug:

Coming right up!

Great updates! I've tented in the summer and did just fine. Amazing what we can get used to.

How were the lines in the AoA food court? Was there still a lot of waiting around on your food or did they remedy that problem?

Yeah, as long as I didn't need to be IN the tent in the heat of the day, I was fine, and yes there was a wait for my food, but it WAS fresh!!

Ditto!! batman.gif

Coming up soon!

Awesome pics, Carol! Love the ones looking back towards Pop. You are right, we've seen the opposite view oodles of times. I remember thinking when they opened the "legendary years" that I would be trying it out. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that now 'cause you'll find me at the Fort!

Yeah, same here, but on occasion we do stay at a Value resort, but I can get a room a lot cheaper at All-Star Music!

Phew, caught up!

Great pics of AOA. I agree with you, I like the Cars section better. Especially love the VW bus, very cool and hippie-ish.

The Nemo section is adorable, but probably more suited to families with kids.

I appreciate all your photos! :thumbsup2:

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

I wandered back around to the front and under the Porte Coche they have several of these easels set up. A distraction for the kids as they get off DME.

IMG_0876.jpg

I then went into the gift shop and found a shirt I liked, and also wanted to buy a soft drink cause it was HOT, BUT the gift shop does NOT have a cold case for soft drinks, you have to go into the food court to get a soft drink from their cold case. I think that's a fail there

And now I'm back on the bus leaving the resort

IMG_0877.jpg

WWOS sign again

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

More of the Fort and other "stuff" soon!!!