Carol at the Fort in a Tent!! Are You Nuts!!! YUP!!!

Great TR Carol. It was such a surprise seeing you on that scooter in the 100 loop we had to do a double-take. For a minute there when you said Hi I wondered if I'd been at the fort too long and started to hallucinate. :rofl2:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You succeeded.

Carol, that shot of the monorail is fantastic. How you managed not to catch the parts falling off in the shot is amazing. Not to mention the flames shooting out the back.

Buses arrive about every 20 minutes, so shut up and wait like a good little boy should.

I'm late, but gots popcorn for everyone!!! :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

Oooh, lots of popcorn!!

See Stef.... he shares!!!!!

LOL

I'm not sure why, but this sounds like one heck of a fun idea. Very cool!

LOL

Carol, so glad you were able to get away for a quick trip. I'm also jealous! You amaze me with your mad camper skills! I always think that I want you to come organize me and set our campsite up! Love the bus roulette idea!

Thanks!! I had a great time!! While I love my campsite being organized, I actually wish I could relax more and not spend so much time doing it!! That's the tradeoff, OCD takes TIME!!!!

I am in awe of your camping setup. I need to save a picture of it so I can try to recreate it next time we tent camp!

Let me know, I'll send you a list!

Love the idea of Bus Roulette. Can't wait to see your pictures.

It was fun!!

Carol, you sneak. I thought to myself afterwards, at least she didn't get a picture. Guess I was wrong.

LOL!! I try hard to take pictures of the good stuff!!

Love that you got a quick getaway. Love the TR. Love that you got a picture of that foxy bus driver!

Thanks!!

Yup, those are the newest buses.

What's different is the system for strapping down WC/ECVs. They are on opposite sides of the bus instead of one in front of the other.

It's a simpler and quicker tie down system requiring 3 instead of 4 straps. The rear straps are partially automated.

Does it seem easier for the passengers to park?

Which reminds on Saturday night, we took the bus to DTD and took the scooter for Richie, we ran into a driver that made me pull into the "square" to make sure the ECV wasn't too big and insisted on me getting off so he could push it into place. I know there are LOTS of bad scooter drivers, but I just chuckled to myself and let him do it. Not to brag, but I'm probably one of the best scooter bus parkers he's ever seen.

Cool! Love the TE photos! And you even had a Lou in uniform sighting! Score!

The pirate pool theme job at CBR is very nice! The boys would completely love that! (so would KFK) ;D

I typed it faster than I can say it! :))

Yes, CBR DID score an awesome pool!!!

I'm in! Love the spur of the moment and the adventure of tenting! Exciting! You ROCK!

It was awesome to finally meet ya'll!! Can't wait till we can camp together again!!

Awesome! Looks like a great trip. And it included Lorna and Lou too! Can't wait to read more.

Lorna and Rich are so sweet to everybody!!

When I first sped read that.. I just saw

"I'm in Love....."

LOL

Great TR Carol. It was such a surprise seeing you on that scooter in the 100 loop we had to do a double-take. For a minute there when you said Hi I wondered if I'd been at the fort too long and started to hallucinate. :rofl2:

LOL, you never know when I'll turn up. I wish it was more often!!!!

Now that I'm caught up on the comments, it's time for another update!!

I spent the morning just looping around

Here is some more plumbing work going on at the Fort, this time in the cabins area

IMG_0464.jpg

and some more plumbing work in a camping loop

IMG_0465.jpg

TiggerinBama is also at the Fort with her mansion on wheels

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

A classic camper back in the 1800 Loop

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Found another Fiend!!

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

I posted this elsewhere, but found somebody that didn't like that light on the top of the Disney Golf Carts!

IMG_20120727_090809-1.jpg

This was very inventive. They took an old Popup bottom and a popup roof and just added solid walls and windows!

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Now I'm back at my campsite for a few minutes and had put the zoom lens on the camera

IMG_0478.jpg

The mosquito swamp water in the center of the 2000 loop has subsided some

IMG_0479.jpg

Some more of the sewer work in the cabins loop

IMG_0480.jpg

A pic of the late night hours sign at Trails End

IMG_0481.jpg

Coming next a boat ride to the MK with the zoom lens and a stroll around Art of Animation!!!!!

waiting on the Animation stroll and hoping you ate there. We had to go there for a room tour and loved it, especially the food court...

Seems to be a lot of plumbing work happening.....

Sh*tters Full!

eddie.jpg

Yes there was. I am seeing and hearing more and more of that. The infrastructure at the Fort is 40+ years old, and when they upgraded all those sites to Premium, they did nothing with the wiring or plumbing. Back when the Fort was built, very few campers had the big bathrooms that folks actually used extensively, so I'm sure all the years, the swamp underneath the Fort, and the age of the facilities is starting to catch up with them.

Yes there was. I am seeing and hearing more and more of that. The infrastructure at the Fort is 40+ years old, and when they upgraded all those sites to Premium, they did nothing with the wiring or plumbing. Back when the Fort was built, very few campers had the big bathrooms that folks actually used extensively, so I'm sure all the years, the swamp underneath the Fort, and the age of the facilities is starting to catch up with them.

My goodness.

Is this place run by idiots?

What are they doing with all the extra money they are raking in from those premium sites?

TCD

Yeah, driving comes easy to me!!! I would never get to do anything if I had to stop so often!! I'm sure that day will come, but hopefully I'll be retired by then, and can slow down!!

Hey, I'm not THAT old! The problem started in my late 40's when I started having panic attacks (long story).

I'm definitely saying you are old

If this didn't make me :lmao1:

a southern gal never spits....

This topped it off! :rotfl6:

Please get an update ready Carol, this can only go downhill.