Carol at the Fort in a Tent!! Are You Nuts!!! YUP!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You succeeded.

Carol, that shot of the monorail is fantastic. How you managed not to catch the parts falling off in the shot is amazing. Not to mention the flames shooting out the back.

Buses arrive about every 20 minutes, so shut up and wait like a good little boy should.

I have kept up on the tour. No Lolly-gagging here!

Well thanks!!!

oh geez, :yourekillinme: can we get to the pasta already? puleeeeezz mom?? my tummy is all rumbly...

Patience, patience!!!

Loving the tour so far! I can't wait to see all this for myself in January!!

Hopefully things will be cooler and plus some of the stuff will have grown in

Amazing photos!!

Thanks!!

OK, now we are entering the food court

Here are some of the unique light fixtures and eating areas. Unfortunately, I didn't take as many pictures as I thought

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

And here is my lunch. I went to the make your own pasta station

IMG_0744.jpg

They have a whole list of veggie options, a choice of 3 or 4 pastas, 3 or 4 sauces, and 3 or 4 meat choices (pick one) I chose Bowtie Pasta, alfredo sauce, several veggies and shrimp. It also comes with garlic bread (this batch was EXTRA garlicy)

They serve it in real dishes and real silverware!!

The dining areas are very cosy and very isolated from one another, so you don't get this cavernous, filled with people feeling. (However, disclaimer, only HALF of the resort is open).

I finished my meal and wandered outside

Here is the Nemo pool area

The entire pool area (including the bar) is gated off, with key card readers, however, I just turned the handle and the gate opened.

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

Picture limit

now that's what I'm talking about. yummmmm.

we took ours outside and ate near the pool. They may not have pool towels at the pool despite the towel return bins but they have real dishes and real silverware. Is that ironic or what?

Starla & I made our own pasta too. It was completely delicious. :banana:

there's a key card gate at BLT too. That one was working in July. Maybe eventually we'll see more keyed gates. If so, I still wouldn't hold my breath for one at the fort...

I want to plant myself in the cars cabanas with a drink on a hot day. The pool isn't as nice but they weren't charging for the cozy cone cabanas in July and it was much quieter than the Nemo pool. Don't know if that will change or not in future...

Mmmmm, garlic bread! The Nemo theming is cute but not exactly subtle (still way better than the All Stars, since it's at least cute!) I thought all resorts (other than the Fort) had locked pool access based on our stay at BLT a couple of years ago, and then I learned different.....I hope they all have it eventually, and having it at the new resort is a good start! Thanks for sharing your photos...I'd been wondering what the new place looked like!

I saw some of Carol's pictures when we were there, but didn't remember the pool pictures, they really did a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing Carol, you know how good I am at taking pictures, even if I do have 3 or 4 cameras.

I enjoyed the time we spend together, it was a great spur of the moment weekendl

now that's what I'm talking about. yummmmm.

we took ours outside and ate near the pool. They may not have pool towels at the pool despite the towel return bins but they have real dishes and real silverware. Is that ironic or what?

Starla & I made our own pasta too. It was completely delicious. :banana:

I think at the moderate and deluxe resorts, the inside towels are a different quality than the pool towels and are washed separately. For the value resorts they use a lower quality towel, so just have folks bring towels from their room, then deposit the towels used at the pool in the outside bins. Because they may have chlorine and outside dirt on them, the ones put in the pool bins are washed differently.

Your past looks very yummy! I love the theming at the pool. I'm also wondering about the key card reader. I wonder if they think they will need to use it as the resort gets busier?

I'm not sure what's yummy about my "past", but the pasta was delicious!! Yeah, I'm guessing the gate will be locked or unlocked depending on crowd levels

there's a key card gate at BLT too. That one was working in July. Maybe eventually we'll see more keyed gates. If so, I still wouldn't hold my breath for one at the fort...

Yeah, BLT is locked down a lot more than other DVC resorts

It should be my goal to get my kids to swim in that pool while staying at the Fort. Great Pics Carol!

What a great pool area that is.....and the sounds and dialogue under water would be pretty cool too.

It is a beautiful pool area, but wait until you see the Cars pool!! I liked it better!

I want to plant myself in the cars cabanas with a drink on a hot day. The pool isn't as nice but they weren't charging for the cozy cone cabanas in July and it was much quieter than the Nemo pool. Don't know if that will change or not in future...

Not sure, but I do LOVE the look of the Cars pool. Those pics coming up!

Mmmmm, garlic bread! The Nemo theming is cute but not exactly subtle (still way better than the All Stars, since it's at least cute!) I thought all resorts (other than the Fort) had locked pool access based on our stay at BLT a couple of years ago, and then I learned different.....I hope they all have it eventually, and having it at the new resort is a good start! Thanks for sharing your photos...I'd been wondering what the new place looked like!

I'm guessing that the gates were to keep the Pop Century folks from invading the AoA pools when things get crowded

I got dizzy when I first walked in the front desk area.

I can believe it!!

I saw some of Carol's pictures when we were there, but didn't remember the pool pictures, they really did a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing Carol, you know how good I am at taking pictures, even if I do have 3 or 4 cameras.

I enjoyed the time we spend together, it was a great spur of the moment weekendl

It WAS a great weekend!!

I'm glad Carol took pics of the AA resort because we know Doodle ain't going to! :lmao1:

Yee of little faith!!!

Ha! Jokes on you! Joelle is coming with me, she takes lots of pictures!! :raspberry:

See, I told you!!!

I'm now officially hungry for pasta with alfredo sauce, broccoli and garlic bread.

It was yummy!

AoA is really a great looking resort! The food court looked better than the other values I've been too and the pool area has awesome details!

They really have made this resort "value plus", but for the price you pay, they better!

Looks amazing. That is on my list of places to visit...someday.

I hope you get to visit soon!!

My kids would love that pool area. Looks fun.

It does look great for kids!!

Great pictures, Carol!

Thanks!!!

OK, time for another update.

Here are a couple more pictures of the Nemo area, then I move on.....

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

Now I'm heading over to what used to be called "Generation Gap" Bridge. Looking over to Pop Century seems a bit odd, since so many have taken pictures looking over to Art of Animation for so long...

IMG_0768.jpg

Where those lighted grids are is where the "years" used to be, so that what they decided to do with them, cover them up

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

Now I'm walking along the lake

IMG_0774.jpg

Here is a zoom view of the unfinished Little Mermaid Buildings

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

This is the backside of the Nemo Buildings

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

Some signs along the lake very similar to the ones at Pop Century

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Here is the backside of the almost finished Lion King building

IMG_0784.jpg

Some more zoom shots of Little Mermaid

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Here are a couple of pics over the construction fence of Lion King, I'm guessing these buildings will be ready to open just any day now

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Photo limit!

:banana: Bring it on! Got my bathing suit on, grabbing the towels. I'm all ready to sit in a cone with a cool drink now... :jumpforjoy

:banana: Bring it on! Got my bathing suit on, grabbing the towels. I'm all ready to sit in a cone with a cool drink now... :jumpforjoy

Honey,

I am afraid I need to remind you that you aren't in Florida anymore and if you proceed to talk this way... well people will start to talk. To many people start talking and they might decide to commit you. If they commit you, you will not be able to go back to Florida.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: