Carol at the Fort in a Tent!! Are You Nuts!!! YUP!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You succeeded.

Carol, that shot of the monorail is fantastic. How you managed not to catch the parts falling off in the shot is amazing. Not to mention the flames shooting out the back.

Buses arrive about every 20 minutes, so shut up and wait like a good little boy should.

Loved all the AKL pictures. That resort is truly awesome!

I also have to agree that what is left of Pleasure Island is pathetic, it used to be so much fun.

Kudos for two rides on Toy Story Mania, I think it's great how you always end your trips there.

Thanks, I like visiting AKL too, but don't think I wanna stay there.

Yeah, since I'm not really an early riser anymore, and Studios rarely has late night EMH, then my last morning is the only time I get my rear in gear early enough to ride. Those long lines in the middle of the day are too long for me!!

I need to go on one of these resort tours with you sometime, I didn't even realize that AKL had other pools and lobbies Duh.

Loved the pictures and the weekend, can't wait to do it again.

It was great spending some time with ya'll!!! And yes, in October, a resort visit tour is on our list!!!

Great ending! Love all the AKL pictures!

Thanks!!

Sounds like a good ending to a great trip!

Thanks!!

Great TR carol. I just wish it wasn't over already!

Wish it wasn't over either!!!!

Loved the pictures of AKL. I'm not crazy about the styling but it certainly is beautifully done.

So how was the food at Capn Jacks?

Thanks Dave!! The food was awesome!! Both Richie and I had the special, a "steamed pot" of all kinds of yummy seafood. I forgot what Matt and Lorna had.

Enjoyed the report as always, Carol.

I love the AKL too. We stayed there for one New Years Eve and really enjoyed waking up to the animals. A little too costly for my taste, but ya gotta splurge now & then. :)

Did you enjoy Capn Jacks? We always peek at the menu and consider eating there, but never have. Anything you recommend or don't?

Then I head for the Studios for my traditional last morning ride on Toy Story. I didn't make rope drop and was actually worried about the line, but I went back there anyway. The line said 60 minutes, but I decided to try it anyway!!

I'm glad I did!!! The line was EMPTY all the way up to to the stairs!!! I got to the FP breakoff and they sent me up the right side of the stairs past a bunch of folks. Grand total in line 4 minutes!!!!

The time was about 9:50 when I entered the line, so I'm guessing the initial mad run of folks had made it through the line and the first FP times had not come up yet, so that is a perfect time to ride!!!

I went through the line again immediately, this time I was in line about 20 minutes.

Carol, great report as always.

I wanted to comment on this part of it.

I noticed this past weekend that the wait times were very inflated at the popular attractions. I think it's a trick the IM's use during busy times- post ridiculous wait times, and that keeps folks from actually getting in line and making the wait times longer.

Sneaky.

TCD