I hope this is true, but I have to agree with one of the comments posted on the link Aaron posted- this news article is based on very weak sources.

There have been many projects which Disney announced and then got scrubbed and we never heard of them again.

Does anyone remember that David Copperfield was going to open a magic themed restaurant at the entrance to DHS?

Or the Eagle Pines DVC?

It is things like this that give me hope that the River Country DVC never sees the light of day.

TCD

I hope this is true, but I have to agree with one of the comments posted on the link Aaron posted- this news article is based on very weak sources.

There have been many projects which Disney announced and then got scrubbed and we never heard of them again.

Does anyone remember that David Copperfield was going to open a magic themed restaurant at the entrance to DHS?

Or the Eagle Pines DVC?

It is things like this that give me hope that the River Country DVC never sees the light of day.

TCD

Wow I remember those signs outside of DHS. I thought it would have been really cool. And the night clubs are a sad item for me. I was a DJ in local clubs and on the radio growing up and loved going to see the crazy light show and the sounds at PI. Although I fully understand the low life element and the crap stirred up from that I think Disney could have changed the whole area up and had a true family friendly area. A dinner show like House of Mouse, and a night club party type place for whole families. So much could be done but in true Disney fashion they would rather tear up and destroy views of iconic destinations and resort areas for DVC's instead of using the ton of available land for these projects.

Why provide more entertainment options for families outside of the parks when we can build more DVC's and sell off land to third party mega resorts.

Bah.... Stepping off of my soapbox.