In which we go to Disney and bring home a kitten

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TR, this a TR, never mind, I'm outaheya!

Because being a Fiend means never having to say you're sorry!!

Monday morning was Casey's YES class. So, Casey and I had a quick breakfast of cereal and we headed to the bus stop. We were very lucky and only waited a few minutes for the bus, then made the 8:30

still haven't received the CD yet.... I really want to have all those photos to post in order.... I know I wouldn't go back and repost them after I have written about that day. ugh. Just a little bit longer.. hopefully the cd will be in my mailbox today.

Cindy

My fault, I didn't realize I had to "order" it. I though it was just sent automatically after my trip ended. Stupid me. I got the CD in the mail last night... however, a lot of photos are corrupt on the CD. So, I called the photopass people and yes they had technical difficulties that week, so they are sending me a new CD. I'll get it next week..... But I won't wait for it to cont. the trip report. :-)

Ok. So, we had a GREAT first couple of days. Here's a few more photos from Sunday and Monday before I move on.

Kylie with Minnie

Photo0012FourBySix.jpg

The girls w/ Minnie & Mickey.

Photo0016FourBySix.jpg

Cinderella really like Casey's headband!

Photo0019FourBySix.jpg

I even got in the photos :-)

Photo0027FourBySix.jpg

Photo0022FourBySix.jpg

Kylie

Photo0032FourBySix.jpg

Casey

Photo0033FourBySix.jpg

Belle

Photo0034FourBySix.jpg

Photo0037FourBySix.jpg

The Girls favorite was Rapunzel.

Photo0041FourBySix.jpg

Photo0050FourBySix.jpg

Photo0056FourBySix.jpg

Those are just some of the Photo pass photos from our first day at MK.

Ok on Monday Casey and I went to MK for her YES class. A photopass photographer happened to take a picture.

You really can't see Casey, but she was there. This in in Liberty square over by one of the shops. The instructor was discussing refraction.

Photo0060FourBySix.jpg

The class lasted 3 hrs and was over by about 12:05. We were over at Micky's Philharmagic, so we walked around the castle (because we hadn't been able to walk thru the actual castle on Sunday, Casey didn't want to walk thru without her sister, so we went around. awwww!)

I had a photo taken of just the 2 of us at the castle.

Photo0068FourBySix.jpg

Then, Casey did some pin trading on the way out and we stopped at Aurora because there was no line. Then headed back to the Fort.

The girls loved swimming in the pool! and Kylie really didn't want to leave the Fort to go to Epcot... but mean parents that we are, we made her.

I tried to remember to get photos taken if I saw a photographer, but I only saw 1 that night.

Photo0085FourBySix.jpg

We enjoyed Epcot. I really liked the live shows at the countries and the girls liked Innovations and Club Cool.

Thanks Charity! They used the

Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids 2012

http://www.amazon.com/Birnbaums-Walt-Disney-World-Kids/dp/1423152255

It was good to have in the parks if we had a question about a ride, and it's now the girls keepsake :-) They shared it, I didn't want to carry around 2 separate books, and it was quicker because the character only had 1 book to sign.

On Tuesday we all slept till 9am! We thought we'd have a rest day... but when the girls woke up, Casey asked if we could go to a water park.

So, off we went. We where there just after they opened. We all took a trip on the Lazy river then split up. Ken took Kylie to the kiddie area while Casey and I rode some of the bigger slides. Casey's favorite was Crush n Gusher. We rode it twice in a row. Then we headed back to our 'spot' and had some lunch. Just as Casey and I were heading back to the lazy river, Ken and Ky walked up. So we all took a few times around the river to relax. Just as we were thinking of heading to the shark tank, the skies opened up and they closed down the water because of Thunder storms. We relaxed and waited under our canopy w/ our stuff for an hour, till they opened up the park again. The kids did a few more small slides, then we headed back to the campground around 4pm.

The weather had cleared up some by then, so we decided to take a bike ride.

BikeRideAug21.jpg

We saw a deer on the side of the road just past the Meadow pool.

DeerAug21.jpg

And we explored the Tri-Circle D farm.

TCDAug21.jpg

The girls like walking around the barn and seeing all the huge horses. Kylie particularly liked the little white pony's in the pens.

We rode back up and around a few loops then headed to the campfire.

CampfireAug21.jpg

We didn't get to see Chip and Dale that night as the Thunderstorms rolled back in. Since it was after 8pm by that time, we headed back to our site. The girls got ready for bed and hit the hay. Ken and I stayed in our screen house having some Wine coolers and relaxing till around 10pm, then we got some shut eye too.

On Wednesday, we had a Fort day! Yippee! We all slept in and had a relaxing morning. We took a bike ride down to the Settlement a little after 10am.

SettlementAug22.jpg

Settlement2Aug22.jpg

And the girls enjoyed the playground

PlaygroundAug22.jpg

Around 1pm, we took a bike ride around the Fort, then took the path (Thanks TCD for the path info!) over to the Wilderness Lodge.

We saw A LOT of deer of this path!! I'm pretty sure I saw more deer on that ride to and from WL, than I've ever seen in my live (not counting zoos).

Deer1Aug22.jpg

DeerTreeAug22.jpg

The girls really enjoy bike riding.

I like these photos. I took them w/ my iPhone while riding behind everyone. So glad I didn't fall over!!! LOL

BikeRide2Aug22.jpg

BikerideAug22.jpg

We all liked the Wilderness Lodge. That's the resort I'd pick if I couldn't stay at the Fort (of course, it's the only one I've seen in person LOL).

Wildernesslodge2Aug22.jpg

The girls did some pin trading w/ some cast members and since it started raining and thundering, we hung out inside the lobby, shopped in the gift store and just enjoyed.

WildnerlodgeAug22.jpg

I wish I had taken more photos.... but alas I was to busy enjoying myself!

When the rain let up we rode back (which was sometime after 3pm). The girls really wanted to go in the pool. So, off we went.

CaseyKypoolAug22.jpg

slideAug22.jpg

MeadowpoolAug22.jpg

KyPoolslideAug22.jpg

CpoolslideAug22.jpg

The girls LOVED the pool.

We stayed so long, I went back to the camper and made dinner and brought it to the pool.

I also made an apple pie while I was there. :D

IMG_2074.jpg

Lou stopped by before work to bring me a spike. ( I got spiked!) and have some apple pie with me, the girls stayed at the pool w/ Ken, so they would have to wait till later on in the week to meet Lou.

I went back to the pool we ate at a table and stayed till the rain/thunderstorms drove us away. It was a great day.

Tomorrow is Thursday and we headed to Epcot.

On Thursday the girls and I got up early to go to Epcot. The girls both REALLY wanted to take the monorail. So we left the campground at 8:15am (Ken was still sleeping!). We caught the 8:30am boat to MK, then waited for the Resort monorail. I was woefully uninformed and didn't realize I had to switch trains. ugh! By the time we waited at the TTC, we didn't arrive in Epcot till 9:10am!!! Ken beat us there, and was waiting inside the park for us. LOL. We opted to drive everywhere from then on.

MonorailAug23.jpg

Photo pass photos

Photo0087FourBySix.jpg

Photo0089FourBySix.jpg

First stop, Nemo!

NemoAug23.jpg

The girls and I really enjoyed Turtle Talk w/ Crush. Ken just didn't join us this time for the ride. After Nemo we headed over to Figment. I must say, that purple dragon is my favorite. I don't know why I didn't take any photos.

This is one of my favorite photos! Ky even ended up buying the green monorail to take home (my parents gave her $).

GirlsMonorailbehindthemAug23.jpg

We had a 10:45am reservation in Norway for breakfast. It was a surprise for the girls. The loved meeting Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White and Ariel. The food was good! and it was a great way for the girls to see a lot of princesses with out waiting in line. I'd highly recommend it. As this was the only time we saw Cinderella, Snow and Ariel, I was glad we went.

BelleAug23.jpg

AuroraAug23.jpg

CinderellaAug23.jpg

ArielAug23Kylie.jpg

ArielAug23.jpg

SnowWhiteAug23.jpg

KychairNorwayAug23.jpg

CaseChairNorwayAug23.jpg

After breakfast we walked around Norway and Casey and I rode Malestorm. Ky was too scared and wouldn't join us (this became a theme for her... sigh..)

We headed back across and saw Duffy.

DuffyAug23.jpg

Duffy1Aug23.jpg

Photopass one

Photo0103FourBySix.jpg

Then back across to England so we could see the Traveling players. They were so funny!

EnglandPlayersAug23.jpg

EnglandAug23.jpg

We caught Tigger and Pooh w/ no lines inside England. Ky even asked Tigger to bounce with her. So cute!!!!!

PooTiger1Aug23.jpg

PooTiger2Aug23.jpg

PooTiger3Aug23.jpg

PooTiger4Aug23.jpg

Photopass ones:

Photo0113FourBySix.jpg

Photo0117FourBySix.jpg

Photo0119FourBySix.jpg

The kids got Kidcot bears and we headed back towards Canada to buy some cool bracelets -- I had hurried everyone to England to catch the live show.

BraceltsAug23.jpg

and a funny photo

CandaAug23.jpg

Caught a bit of OffKilter

OffKilterAug23.jpg

A nice photo around the lagoon

GirlsLagoonAug23.jpg

Then headed off to France.

Photo0125FourBySix.jpg

What a beautiful day! It was hot (as you can see by the girls bandannas in the previous photos (you wet then and the cooling gel inside activates--they actually work really well).

Kylie had gotten an Agent P. communicator, so we headed to Japan to do some sleuthing. But first, a photo w/ Marie!

MarieAug23.jpg

We stopped and watched Mo'Rockin since they were playing. We ended up watching them 2 different times because Kylie loved them so much. She even asked for a Belly dancing costume for her birthday. The crowds were so light! The girls were asked to come dance with the belly dancer. Ky loved it! Casey was a bit to shy to move much.

MoRockinBellydanceAug23.jpg

BellydanceAug23.jpg

In Japan we did our Adventure for Agent P. and got to watch a bit of the candy making.

JapanCandy1Aug23.jpg

Japancandy2Aug23.jpg

JapanCandy3Aug23.jpg

W/ the communicator leading us we explored Japan. We all liked the drummers and the LARGE gift shop.

As we headed around the lagoon we stopped for yet another Family photo

Photo0134FourBySix.jpg

We shopped and wandered around the lagoon.

Casey and I went in Spaceship earth on our way out, but couldn't convince Ky to join us that first time. Casey really liked it. We meet Ken and Ky down the bottom for the fun games and such underneath. Then headed out. It was a very fun day!

SunsetsillyAug23.jpg

SunsetAug23.jpg

We headed back to the campground to watch Wishes and EWP from the Fort beach. A perfect end to a wonderful day.

EWPAug23.jpg

EWP2Aug23.jpg

EWP3.jpg

EWP4Aug23.jpg

Ohhh and here's the Photo pass Belle photo.

Photo0093FourBySix.jpg