Two Saturdays in September with TCD

I'm surprised u hadn't heard of Busch while in NJ. As I recall from my time there, I thought there was a big Anheuser Busch brewery (or major distributor) near the airport. Although I'm not sure when it popped up. Maybe Busch is more regional. Cost wise, it was somewhere between Bud and the beast.

Well, I was never the beer buyer in NJ, as I did not have a fake ID, or look old enough to pull it off anyway, so there may have been Busch beer sold in NJ, but I sure don't remember ever seeing it until after I moved to Florida in 1979. I remember my dad liking it, and also liking the fact that you could buy beer in the grocery store, which you could not do in NJ.

I started to doubt my memory so I looked it up. Andy Gibb had his first album out in 1976, which i played constantly, and Shaun Cassidy appeared on The Hardy Boys in 1977. So I guess my crush on Andy was short lived. And for the record that would have made me ten years old!

I will be with you when the Jonas Brothers play at F&W. I have taken my daughters to see them twice and they were by far the loudest concerts I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot. I have never heard girls scream like that in my life. Probably similar to your Andy Gibb experience.

I've been to a few JoBro's concerts myself, and yes, there was loud screaming. I don't remember anything like that at the Andy Gibb concert.

I was also vying to be Mrs. Wil Wheaton or Mrs. River Phoenix so if it dates you, then it dates both of us. Oh, to be a teenager again :-

If I had a time machine, yes, but I would not want to be a teenager today. Life was so much simpler when I was a teenager.

Yes, but it specifically relates to Genny Cream Ale...or at least it did where I grew up. The regular Genny beer didn't apply.

I never heard of the regular Genny beer. We only saw the GCA in NJ. But, nobody I knew called it Genny Screamers.

Same here. For whatever reason, regular Genny wasn't looked down upon as badly as the Cream Ale was. Probably because all of our Dads drank it and we didn't want to be disrespectful! ​yeah, right…….

Never heard of farts being referred to as "units". Funny!

Yeah, that Urban Dictionary is funny.

But also scary.

For example, do not look up DaveInTN on UD.

Great 2 day report. Now we need a Fort report.

Thanks.

And you are right.

I will see what I can do about that.

TCD

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will give one spoiler alert here. This video shows the coolest thing you will see in this attraction. So, if you want to be surprised when you visit, do not look. As the castmember gives her spiel,

You would have to pay me a lot more than $150 to put a picture of Scott Hamilton on my wall.

"Pete's Dragon" is one of my favorites and you should see it if you consider yourself a fan of Disney. It had an Oscar nominated original song and I feel it was a bright spot from Disney during a dec

Standby me was the best movie evah (at the time) because it had both of them in it. Wil turned me into a TNG trekkie too.

They were both so ADORABLE in Stand By Me! But have you seen Wil on Big Bang Theory lately?! He looks so OLD! We're too young to look like that...right? :bugeyes:

Standby me was the best movie evah (at the time) because it had both of them in it. Wil turned me into a TNG trekkie too.

They were both so ADORABLE in Stand By Me! But have you seen Wil on Big Bang Theory lately?! He looks so OLD! We're too young to look like that...right? :bugeyes:

Stand By Me was a great movie! I can not tell you how many times I watched that movie as a teenager...that and Dead Poets Society (yes, I know our "husbands" weren't in that movie but loved it!).

Wil was also in the last couple of seasons of Eureka on the Syfy Channel. He does look OLD! And I know we do NOT look that old so things that make you go hmmm.

I remember planning my week around Hardy Boys episodes on Sunday night. If it iwas a Nancy drew episode, my entire week was ruined. If shaun Cassidy sang, I was on Cloud 9 all week! I was also extra jealous of my friend who had Shaun Cassidy posters on her wall. My mother wouldn't let me put posters on the wall.

I can't believe you didn't remember Night Ranger till you heard their song! Great song! I've enjoyed your trip report and pics, can't wait for another!

Stand By Me was a great movie! I can not tell you how many times I watched that movie as a teenager...that and Dead Poets Society (yes, I know our "husbands" weren't in that movie but loved it!).

Wil was also in the last couple of seasons of Eureka on the Syfy Channel. He does look OLD! And I know we do NOT look that old so things that make you go hmmm.

I remember planning my week around Hardy Boys episodes on Sunday night. If it iwas a Nancy drew episode, my entire week was ruined. If shaun Cassidy sang, I was on Cloud 9 all week! I was also extra jealous of my friend who had Shaun Cassidy posters on her wall. My mother wouldn't let me put posters on the wall.

Should I rename this thread: "Fiend Ladies Reminisce About Teen Crushes?"

I was wondering why I wasn't familiar with this Wil character, and checked to find out. Now I know. I was well into my 20's and real life when Stand By Me came out.

And Marty, are you saying that there was a Hardy Boys show where one of the boys sang? No way!

TCD

well he was considerably older than me at the time (I hope) and yes, I have seen him. All I can say is, fantasy is nice and I will now invoke TCDMR

I've been to a few JoBro's concerts myself, and yes, there was loud screaming. I don't remember anything like that at the Andy Gibb concert.

Ok TCD, I can understand you being at a JoBro's concert but why were you at an Andy Gibb concert. I hope the correct answer is chasing some hotty.

Great TR. Still bummed that I missed you guys.

Same here.

It was so close!

Ok TCD, I can understand you being at a JoBro's concert but why were you at an Andy Gibb concert. I hope the correct answer is chasing some hotty.

You are correct.

Only, in retrospect she wasn't that hot.

Plus, I was tricked. I was expecting something in return for going to an Andy Gibb concert. I learned a cold hard truth about the female gender in that fiasco.

I'm very concerned that FF.net might see its first Leif Garrett reference.

Too late.

It happened already:

Nope, most definitely Mrs. Shaun Cassidy, or Leif Garrett, or Andy Gibb, or David Cassidy, or Donny Osmond!!!

Great trip report.

My crush was Peter Frampton. I had two posters of him on my bedroom walls.

Yup. I remember him. He's still around. Unlike some of the other names mentioned, that man was a real musician.

TCD

And Marty, are you saying that there was a Hardy Boys show where one of the boys sang? No way!

TCD

Oh, yes he did! He had to promote his album. Which I bought. To make things worse, i have borrowed DVD's from the library so I can show my kids these episodes! Here is Shawn Cassidy singing while his brother, Parker Stevenson investigates something. Note that this was late in the run, when Nancy Drew would show up in the same episode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2hMZRnxPY

Oh, yes he did! He had to promote his album. Which I bought. To make things worse, i have borrowed DVD's from the library so I can show my kids these episodes! Here is Shawn Cassidy singing while his brother, Parker Stevenson investigates something. Note that this was late in the run, when Nancy Drew would show up in the same episode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2hMZRnxPY

Hahaha, the sad thing is I can't remember what we had for dinner last night but I just played that clip and I knew every word to that song..."that's rock and roll!"

Here we are enjoying our time in Germany. I kept the sausage away from my mouth for the photos so as to not disurb any of the sensitive folks who are bothered by that type of thing:

601.jpg

TCD

Good man! I wouldn't want to retaliate with .. you know what.... :smug:

As always great report, although I still have to go back to the beginning.

Love, love, love the Beauty and the Beast stuff at MK. I am definitely gonna like the new additions!

Nope, most definitely Mrs. Shaun Cassidy, or Leif Garrett, or Andy Gibb, or David Cassidy, or Donny Osmond!!!

Yes, we are of the same era. lol. Posters of all the above mentioned lined my bedroom walls. Luckily I ended up as Mrs. H instead of Mrs. Leif Garrett.

Talk about a flashback! I actually remember that episode. Hahaha! Back in the day I wore a Hardy Boys T-shirt to the Poly Luau! Yes. KFM has a photo in her treasure trove! :rofl2: Now the Hardy Boys are linked to WDW. Just keeping it on topic. :))

Add all of their poster sales up, and I bet they still don't match the sales of Farrah Fawcett. That poster was iconic in the 70's! I'd link a pic but I'm posting from the phone...

Yes. I remember that poster well. I'm sure that poster outsold all of the boy teen star posters combined.

Oh, yes he did! He had to promote his album. Which I bought. To make things worse, i have borrowed DVD's from the library so I can show my kids these episodes! Here is Shawn Cassidy singing while his brother, Parker Stevenson investigates something. Note that this was late in the run, when Nancy Drew would show up in the same episode.

Thankfully, I never watched a single episode of the Hardy Boys. Since ignorance is bliss, I am not even going to watch the Youtube clip, although I'm sure it's wonderful.

http://sprocketink.c...cett-poster.jpg

Heres a link for you Dave. I think this is the one you mean. It's a little before my time though.

Yes, that is the one.

That six million dollar man was a lucky dude.

Hahaha, the sad thing is I can't remember what we had for dinner last night but I just played that clip and I knew every word to that song..."that's rock and roll!"

Hilarious!

Good man! I wouldn't want to retaliate with .. you know what.... :smug:

As always great report, although I still have to go back to the beginning.

Love, love, love the Beauty and the Beast stuff at MK. I am definitely gonna like the new additions!

Yes, we are of the same era. lol. Posters of all the above mentioned lined my bedroom walls. Luckily I ended up as Mrs. H instead of Mrs. Leif Garrett.

Thanks. I highly recommend the new Beauty and the Beast stuff.

If you have seen old Leif lately, you know you're better off with H.

TCD

1. Yes, maybe you should rename the thread. It would certainly get a few new views and confuse alot of newbies.

2. How much work has old Leif had done?

3. For about 3 years I must have bought every new release of Bop and Teen beat. I had a those bi fold closet doors in my room. Four doors full of Bon Jovi, Warrant, Poison, Cinderlla (what was I thinking), Def Lepard.... ahhhh the days.

Oh, I loved him too! I still have a Shaun Cassidy action figure (kinda like a barbie doll)! Ah the memories!

Add all of their poster sales up, and I bet they still don't match the sales of Farrah Fawcett. That poster was iconic in the 70's! I'd link a pic but I'm posting from the phone...

http://sprocketink.c...cett-poster.jpg

Heres a link for you Dave. I think this is the one you mean. It's a little before my time though.

Steve still has that poster. He brought it back here when we were getting things from the farm in Nebraska. Right now it is on a wall in my son's room.