Do You Remember Your First Time?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is go

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes. I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors. And glad there were no standouts by the PoP

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story! Amber's little Princess is stiff c

We crossed over to the 100 loop to see if, just maybe, Judy arrived a day early. She was scheduled to come in Wednesday, but a girl could hope.

Not yet.

FortSept2012152.jpg

We found they were putting all new washer/dryers in the 100/200 comfort station.

FortSept2012153.jpg

FortSept2012132.jpg

Time for some wind in Mason's hair.

FortSept2012133.jpg

We cruised into the 1500 loop, looking for Misty, but no one was home.

FortSept2012136.jpg

We did see some girl turkeys, though.

FortSept2012134.jpg

FortSept2012135.jpg

I did notice there is a lot of Blue Daze planted between the sites in 1500 loop. When it's blooming, it's beautiful. When it's not blooming, it's...green.

FortSept2012137.jpg

Cruising through the 1700 loop, we found Tom! Check out Tom's beard!

FortSept2012138.jpg

These lamps were in the 1700 loop, also. Well done campers!!

FortSept2012139.jpg

From there, we went down towards "pop-up village" AKA the 2000 loop. There was a lot of standing water at the Fort this trip. We have had quite a bit of rain here, on the west coast, but I'd be willing to bet they've had more.

This is the canal beside the group camping area.

FortSept2012140.jpg

At one time, not too long ago, you could have walked across it.

This was alongside the road behind the 2000 sites.

FortSept2012141.jpg

FortSept2012142.jpg

This made me think of checking on TCD's favorite canal ditch, behind the cabins. We pulled safely off the road, within 6 inches from the guardrail and I got off to take pictures.

First I heard it, then I saw it!

FortSept2012144.jpg

FortSept2012145.jpg

Mama deer was taking an afternoon stoll along the road, munching on trees.

Trevor had told me to grab a picture quick or she was gonna run.

I didn't want to move quick and scare her.

Neither happened. She just stayed right there, and I watched her. When I finally refocused on the ditch sitch (that's short for situation) I see another one coming right up the hill.

Baby Deer!

FortSept2012146.jpg

FortSept2012147.jpg

FortSept2012148.jpg

It was great just watching them that close.

Ok, back to the ditch.

FortSept2012150.jpg

Yes, there is water!

Taking the big loop around, we went by the Trading Post with all of it's Blue Daze in bloom.

I approve!

FortSept2012151.jpg

Back to our site, back in my lawn chair.

About an hour later, a familiar little car backs into my site. It's Lou.

FortSept2012154.jpg

We got all caught up on life and he moved on to more fiend finding.

Our key to eating at WDW is to have an early dinner, so later in the evening you can eat something sinful and ooey-gooey.

So around 4:00, I made some shrimp and a ceasar salad, while Mason lounged around.

FortSept2012155.jpg

FortSept2012156.jpg

FortSept2012157.jpg

Coming up next: A freeloader gets new silver bracelets.

* Edited to change "treading post" to Trading Post. Sometimes, fingers type faster than brain computes.

Those stage show pictures are really good! Mine always have the backs of people's heads.

Your husband definitely looks like he is over it! But patient.

i love, love, love Triscuits and cheddar. One of my go-to dinners as well when I don't have time or am not that hungry.

That sub looks like the bomb dot com.

I have the opposite problem of you girls. I am the one in my marriage who cannot sit still. My husband would lay around all day if he could. And sometimes, he does!

I agree!

I guess those totem poles are tucked away in a corner so they are not as offensive as the ones that were at the Fort.

And while we are at it, what about all those plastic Native Americans that you see on the train ride? Surely, those are more offensive than a few totem poles.

TCD

Enjoying your report. I totally agree and miss the fort's totem poles.

Love the baby & puppy.

Yikes on the squirrel.

Great MK pictures. Enjoyed the halloween decorations.

Hey guys, got a BUSY day today, so it will be later before I can update, but I haven't forgotten about you.

Shawn can't sit still either. Get antsy after about 5 minutes....

Good, I don't feel so bad then!

Favorite photo from that post= Trevor not impressed.

Second favorite= Bruce on the boat. Was he coming to find Trevor?

Third favorite (but only because the other ones were so good) = cross section of sub. You make a lot of subs, don't you?

TCD

Trev isn't into the whole show/character thing, but he'll humor me if I insist. After 2 mudhole trips, he owed it to me to sit through half a show.

Yes, I do believe Bruce was stalking Trevor.

Subs are a great travel food. Plus, my boys like "hand" food. Meat, bread, dairy & veggies all in one hand. I made two on Monday. Left half of one for Nate and we ate the other half when we finished setting up, and a whole one for lunch the next day.

I can't believe that Trevor was singing and dancing along with the show!! :rofl2:

I understand about the ansty always need to be doing something guy thing. Mike drives me crazy sometimes. He always has to be puttering with something.

:smartass:

Great, Mike still putters? You mean Trevor's not gonna grow out of it?

i love, love, love Triscuits and cheddar. One of my go-to dinners as well when I don't have time or am not that hungry.

Good eye on the Triscuits. The best part is, no one else in my family likes them so they're not gone before I even get a hunger pang.

Baby deer are a much better distraction than squirrels, Just saying :heartsmiley: :)

Agreed, and the deer were not trapped in my screen room freaking me out!

Great post, Stef!

Water in the ditch!

A baby deer!

Lou!

And a huge cliffhanger!

A freeloader gets silver bracelets?

No way!

I can't wait to hear about that!

TCD

Thanks!

I risked the wrath of Disney po-po's to report on the freeloader. Stay tuned!

Squirrel running amok ... :bugeyes:

Baby deer ... :heart:

Looking forward to hearing about the silver bracelets!

I'll get there, I promise!

Squirrels, turkey, deer, food, Lou, a great cliffhanger - this TR has got everything of a blockbuster movie! I'm on the edge of my seat!

Aww, thanks! I see your somewhat of a newbie here. Thanks for joining in and commenting.

Enjoying your report. I totally agree and miss the fort's totem poles.

Love the baby & puppy.

Yikes on the squirrel.

Great MK pictures. Enjoyed the halloween decorations.

Glad to have another newbie along! You guys are the main reason I write these reports. It's not always about running from park to park, it's about exploring the Fort and enjoying time with friends and family. You never know what kind of adventures that will bring.

Awesome pics! :jumpforjoy

Seeing Trev and Bruce in ......whatever they are in......was special. :heart:

When I walked Savannah one morning behind 300, there was a deer across the canal without a care in the world. She did stare at Savannah for the longest. When we followed the path up the canal toward the #$%^ cranes and veered right, there was a smaller one not 10 feet away from us. Didn't move one bit, while Savannah decided to either lunge at it or run behind my back for protection. Her protection. I was shocked, and my arm was almost pulled off when Savannah gave a lunge. The deer just snorted and bounced away. The deer wasn't impressed. :clint:

Saw several deer one night just hanging out under the new light in front of the 300 loop. Maybe it was Cousin Yuri deer inspecting the area. :rofl2:

Tony had to nudge me several times to point you out in the que ahead of us in BTMRR. He was like, "where did she come from?". I told him I'd explain the birds and bees later, without kids around. And also said probably by boat like us. :rofl3:

TCD didn't you find the old Fort totem poles back on the horse trail when you did one of your Adventure

Yes, there are a couple of old, rotting totem poles back there.

Here are a couple of photos:

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

I never was able to match these up with any photos of the totem poles which used to be on display around the Fort. They may have always been right where they are, or they may have been moved here. I don't remember seeing them on previous trail rides, but they very well could have been right in this spot for a long, long time.

TCD

Tony had to nudge me several times to point you out in the que ahead of us in BTMRR. He was like, "where did she come from?". I told him I'd explain the birds and bees later, without kids around. And also said probably by boat like us. :rofl3:

:rotfl5: Poor Tiny! For someone so smart, he can be so clueless at times. I always pick a favorite picture of each trip, and this trip it's the one I took of Tony, grilling.

(coming later...much later at the rate I'm going)

Now you can understand why even though we have annual passes, the majority of our time is spent riding or walking around the Fort. There's just so many things you wouldn't notice if you spend all your time in the parks.

TCD didn't you find the old Fort totem poles back on the horse trail when you did one of your Adventure

Hey Todd! Glad to have you reading...or asking TCD questions in my report. :raspberry:

You have to be one of the freakiest dudes I've never met, and I dig it.

I used to think Genia was nuts, now I know she is. Why do I have the feeling you may come across the same way? Some of my closest friends are whackjobs.

Yes, there are a couple of old, rotting totem poles back there.

Here are a couple of photos:

IMG_1736.jpg

TCD

I had forgotten about those. I have the 4-wheel drive and plenty of rope. Who's up for putting them back up in the front where they belong? :clint:

I left you while we were relaxing after dinner, but we didn't relax for long.

Back in the day, people would use homing pigeons to deliver messages. Even the Professor tried it in an episode of Gilligan's Island. I'd imagine it wasn't the quickest way to deliver a message, but ya work with what ya got.

Today we have the wonderful world of texting. Type out a message, hit send, and instantly said message is delivered.

While digesting my dinner, I get a text from Lil Lisa that reads:

Our neighbors bike just got stolen! They chased the guy down and caught him by canal behind dog park!

Like any good rubber-necker, we hopped on the cart and headed that way.

We crept up slowly and I used the zoom on the camera to get a couple pics.

FortSept2012158.jpg

At this time, there was Rangers, managers, Fort security and the owner of the stolen bike, all milling around.

FortSept2012159.jpg

It was around 4:30 pm, so the Fort was fairly quiet and it was HOT.

It just so happened Mason requested we go to the dog park. ;)

We were the only ones around, so we parked in the proper parking area and I took this picture.

FortSept2012160.jpg

You can just see the head of the thief to the left of the man in the orange vest. I only wish I'd had seen the take down!

One-thirty two and bush, I got em at gunpoint!

Does anyone else love the show Cops?

When we walked into the dog park, I notice Fort security is keeping a close eye on me...very close. I realize he's probably not keen on the idea of me taking pictures of this scene.

So, I swtiched to "texting" (or covert picture taking)

3.jpg

We watched as this guy was telling his story, AKA lying. They stayed there for about a half hour before we got hot and bored. I wanted action, I wanted to see him cuffed & stuffed, but no such luck.

As we headed out the gate, 2 OCSO deputies showed up with new jewelry for this dirtbag. Sorry, but I hate thieves!

I really wanted one more picture, but there was WAY too many uniforms for my taste, so I casually crossed the street with my phone camera on and snapped a pic. You can see the 2 cruisers on the right in front of the scooter people.

4-1.jpg

Lisa found out later from her neighbor that not only had he stolen their bike, he also had some jewelry on him. (not sure who's jewelry)

This may come as a big shock to you....he was not a resort guest!

Yes folks, this is one of those great folks who come into the Fort, use the pool, take all the chairs and pavilions and steal your crap. :banghead:

In Disney's defense though, he may have spent a couple bucks on a soda. It gets hot, riding a stolen bike, casing the joint.

(Insert sarcasm here)

I'm going to end this post here and pound a beer. The whole "let anyone into the Fort while I'm paying top $ for a campsite" really chafes my a$$.

I will be right back with a happier update.

I'm In

Sign me up. After all I never got to see the Fort in it's glory. We should restore what we can.

Atta boys!!

Excellent work, Stef!

Good job on getting the covert pics.

And extra credit for the Gilligan's Island reference!

Oh, and I'm a fan of the show Cops.

Just so I'm clear, it was the guest who caught the perp, right?

I would be surprised if the inept/ancient/useless Fort Security Guards did.

TCD

I'm not sure how it all started. Maybe Lisa can chime in when she gets back, with more detail.

My guess would be the Fort was involved in the nabbing as the bike owner was an older gentleman that I couldn't picture running/riding beside the canal.

Well that just stinks!! At least they caught this guy but what about the multitudes who get away with it? I don't drink beer so have one for me too, Stef. I'm burning right along with you!!! :rant:

Thanks doodle. It's both sad & scary. We never used to worry about people just wandering up and taking your stuff. I tend to believe that campers aren't those kind of people.

Lo & behold, this wasn't a camper. :( Why even bother having a guard shack when they"ll let anyone in?

Great Job Stef. The only thing Fort Security caught is Stef mini GG dinner and 3 people standing just off her site

Todd, you'll be disappointed to hear that they were not called on me/us. They were actually at the site next door. :P

You're going to be even more disappointed when you read the update that's coming up.