Cigars, Sand, ALOT LESS Rhut Rho, Work, Turkey Leg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oops. My bad. Sincerely, Mrs. Robinson

Well I'm back, but right back into WORK! :banghead: Will try to get started after work tomorrow. But enjoyed meeting everyone! And younger buns are awesome.

Note: Edited to correct Monday morning stroll on beach. Quick update: Sunday MONDAY morning, I was up early to take Savannah out. And since it was still dusk and I THOUGHT close to day light, Tony an

Sounds like you had some great Fiend time.

That was awesome of Lisa and Bruce to hook you up with the beer.

So, what's the deal with being rejected from employment? I think something about that was in the original title of this thread.

TCD

I thought the title had changed...which brings me too my next question.

How do you change the title of a thread?

Sorry, but I said it wrong- it's Full Edit that you want.

TCD

Thanks again. You put me on the right track either way. When you work in tech support your used to only getting some of the info you need and then finding your way.

Thanks for the correction. Hopefully when I need this I will remember it.

I am going to wrap this up quickly.

As I told Stef, this was my personalized Golf Cart

D17CB450-EF8A-4076-8C5B-D895B1A6B9CC-3810-00000333C57C4258.jpg

Had enough yet? Tuff, she is always the star of the show:

C83C41A0-308B-4404-9BDA-1421DC4A8D30-3810-00000333CF4044D9.jpg

83B41FD8-4964-4EAE-BA28-700A0A3C3686-3810-00000333D185A2D9.jpg

585A8092-24FB-4D73-AEE0-EB8D125D58D7-3810-00000333D44D41E8.jpg

Was moving a lil slow, but had this for bfast. Yup it is possible to eat healthy while camping.

A04E8C76-1755-4CC2-8BCB-D477800DCAFC-3810-00000333C8C8DE9E.jpg

Tony’s

0C7DAE08-5306-496B-A396-1F0425430E04-3810-00000333CC03E2C6.jpg

Tuesday was our first day in the actual parks. We headed to MK first by boat.

Tried to get some beer shots, but the critters had waiting lines

P9250213.jpg

P9250214.jpg

Did run into this young lass who gave Tony grief about being a steeler

P9250217.jpg

Cuz

P9250220.jpg

First up was Pirates, and it only had a 10 minute wait. And really that was a strait walk on ride.

We did get “stuck” and got a shot of the maintenance area. As soon as the guy standing around talking, saw me take the pic with my phone, the curtain came down. It went right back up, after our “ship” moved along.

9DF66033-3589-4D9D-B50B-02005DC51EA1-3810-00000333DD87B7D1.jpg

P9250222.jpg

From there we headed over to BTMRR to grab fast passes. The line stated a 10 minute wait. I suggested to Tony that we ride and get wet on Splash Mtn first, then do BTMRR once or twice. And that is what we did.

And if you follow Stef’s report, you know whe almost ran into her, but were two trains back in the que.

P9250230.jpg

P9250231.jpg

After the first ride, we briefly talked with Stef and Trev and headed back up the line to use our fast passes. Yup BTMRR is my favorite ride at MK.

P9250227.jpg

After BTMRR, it was time for some waffle. Once we found the waffle stand, we spotted Trev and Stef. Had a great few minutes with them, then headed over to Buzz Light Year. We had to go around the back of the castle b/c of the parade, but that was OK

P9250235.jpg

P9250236.jpg

P9250237.jpg

Picked up Fast Passes, then got in line for a 10 minute wait tops. Was hoping to jump right back on after kicking T’s butt, but our fast passes weren’t in effect yet.

599E14B5-0C52-4DF9-93E0-9EFE0B35229E-3810-00000333DB11FFC1.jpg

804C9BBE-725B-494A-8A66-01DCEC3E3826-3810-00000333D936F128.jpg

So the people mover it was:

P9250250.jpg

P9250256.jpg

P9250257.jpg

P9250242.jpg

Then we walked back over to railroad stop by the new fantasy land. Saw tree trimmers in the cannal running by MK. Some heavy trimming going on over there. Road the Train to the front and then all the way back around to Fantasy land.

And after that, our passes were still not up, so we made friends and gave them away. I must look scary, b/c it took several tries to give them away. Must have thought I was selling a time share or something. Cause I sure didn’t slap them like done in Vegas.

Then we left going through a couple of shops, to catch the launch back to the Fort.

6E72A481-E858-43B2-81BC-97EF400D303B-3810-00000333E0ABAF47.jpg

After a hamburger at the site and taking care of Savannah, we headed to the Studios.

The only thing we were hoping to get done there was the animation academy. We did that in 2007 and it became official then, I can’t draw. This year was slightly better. I need to find the 2007 Plutos. Mine came out more Goofy and on drugs.

A7B7A6CE-368B-46C9-9FC5-CD364DB5E2DA-3810-00000333EFDA6236.jpg

F7882066-E22F-4042-9DF9-E7F8207060E3-3810-00000333EAB33B39.jpg

Leaving animation:

AEB1ACDA-CEF0-472E-8CE1-124E519479D7-3810-00000333ECAC1ED5.jpg

This caught my eye, but we have PLENTY of beer glasses so we passed.

9AF293DD-72ED-4F20-88FB-0DF493DA6C06-3810-00000333E785C3DD.jpg

E4823601-B590-4108-BED2-990578E5807B-3810-00000333E482F41F.jpg

From there we caught the launch to EPCOT for a Guiness and margarita. Tony of course loved the Guiness, but we did try the margarita bar in Mexico where I tried the jalapeno/cucumber. It was ok, and only ok to me. I was expecting/hoping for spicy hot and it was just mellow. All the seeds and membrane had been removed from the jalapeno. BOO. But we were able to friend the bar on Facebook and grab some nacho chips and salsa.

From there we walked around the countries to see what the menus looked like for the upcoming F&W festival. Yeah, I could have looked it up, but we were enjoying our time in EPCOT.

Caught the bus back to the FORT. We took the scenic route via almost the Wilderness Lodge. I think our diversion was only shorter after hearing “Oh Shit” from the driver when he realized after hearing someone (cough cough) say WTH.

Tony fixed a seafood boil of shrimp, sausage, tators and corn. I was falling asleep while he cooked but I got my second wind after we ate. But we called it a somewhat early night.

Wed:

We decided to stay out of the major parks since we were going to chance the soft opening to F&W on Thursday.

So after Breakfast and a leisurely morning, yapping some with everyone, we headed to Quest. We first stopped at House of Blues for a quick lunch. Enjoyed both, but ended up back at Fuego’s for an afternoon cigar. This is when we saw the balloon being set back up and getting ready to be gassed up.

P9260270.jpg

P9260269.jpg

P9260268.jpg

9482CB12-39CA-41F9-992C-D1BBE9807157-3810-000003343FED3EA6.jpg

Noted the Bus Stops are getting wheel chair ramps out the back near PI

DABD486A-D9E9-4281-9A09-1CB9303CB0B7-3810-000003343AFCAECA.jpg

REALLY?! Rant ahead, you can smoke cigerettes on your porch, but not my cigar that cost more than two @#$% packs of cigs? Really?! Pansies. Who would want to play this joint?

14E0F835-89F3-4540-A636-2E013F17EA10-3810-00000334460FF49F.jpg

Once back at the Fort, we had more Savannah time, some beer and enjoyed a grilled ribeye, grilled asp and grilled pinapple.

We closed the night out at Stef’s and the beach waiting on the EMP that never came. And during that time, I played some pick up football with a kid on the beach. If ya’ll are betting people, take the under on height, age vs me. The kid won hands down, but had a great time. The only issue, is somewhere at the beach near the marina/teather ball are my RV keys. Yup I lost those suckers sometime that night. And let’s just say Happy Anniversary to me. There is a standing reward for those keys.

I did call the front desk seeing if anyone turned them in, and was told no, but they would check the next morning down by the beach. Hmmm OK.

Thursday morning, I get a text from Stef asking if I found them. Told her no, but heading to the marina to look. Stopped by her site and Trev was nice enough to head down with me to look. And to our surprise (sarcasm) the beach had been raked. So any luck we had vanished at that point. But Trev spent a good 30 minutes plus helping me look while I looked or tried to call the front desk. THANK YOU TREV

After I gave up, I headed back to our site so Tony could look while I made a phone call and texts to work. Took about 30 minutes to an hour to get things strait, then we headed off to Animal Kingdom.

If I have anything to complain about is the lack of a place to grab a quick bfast with protein without critters. I .e. all the fast serve places seemed to have danishes and such. We got there around 1030 and just waited for the BBQ place to open. And I’m glad we did. Tony got ribs and chicken combo and I got the kids chicken leg combo with double grapes.

While I was ordering the food, tony grabbed fast passes to the rapids. So after we ate, we hit the rapids as standby, maybe a 20 minute wait, then fast passed it. Yes my favorite ride at AK. Then we did the safari and headed home.

4382B03C-2E2B-4436-B974-B0856B5241A7-3810-0000033437AE1205.jpg

At the Fort we took care of Savannah, then headed to EPCOT for the F&W soft opening which we by then knew was happening. Ran into Stef and Trev as they left. Said a few hellos, and gathered some recon from them regarding the F&W. Its great knowing people in low places.

Started by trying to figure out where to get one of the wrist thingies.

But then SERIOUSLY started with a craft beer and then Canada and their steak.

Headed to Ireland with for the seafood pie

When we got to France the registers had just gone down and was stated a 10 minute reboot.

We rebooted our butts over to Moroco, for the spicy sausage.

Germany for the brats on pretzel roll.

Grabbed a couple of margaritas to go:

291424C7-BF4E-484F-B68F-DCE80D79F442-3810-000003342B218DCD.jpg

We stopped at imagination to enjoy. Enjoyed the new house idea. While in there the bottom came out for a real life 45 minute storm. So of course we did the weather 3D movie to kill time.

Got home and relaxed after cooking something for supper. Was a long hot day, and we needed time with Savannah.

Friday:

Walked Savannah, and then met Stef and Trev walking Mason for some sunrise pics. Had a nice chat with them and learned some interesting Florida and WDW facts from Trev. It is a different place when you are around people that can fill in the historical aspects of things.

After getting Tony and Savannah settled for the morning, we headed over to Stef’s to meet Nate. Nate is a fine young gentleman with nice cheeks. Firm I tell ya, Firm. Best non married buns of the week by far.

Nate was sweet enough to let us tag along on the cart up front so we didn’t need to catch a bus.

We headed over to the Studios to see if we could get Toy Story in, but with a 70 minute wait, we decided to bail for EPCOT.

EPCOT

We headed over to EPCOT and did the golfball, along with the Land boat ride. The Land is my favorite RIDE:

P9280330.jpg

P9280318.jpg

P9280312.jpg

P9280302.jpg

After the land I texted Stef and asked where they were and agreed to meet by the Mexican Margarita Stand. Which by the way is there any other place to meet in Mexico? Seriously?

First grabbed a beer at the Craft Cart for Tony

P9280344.jpg

So let me tell this story. Hopefully you can understand this southern drawl. Stef is in line with me wanting a fiesta without salt, and me a Lime with salt. So since I was ordering I say “Fiesta no salt, Lime with salt”. Granted I was sidetracked by the cashier, one nice looking guy, but the order taking senorita didn’t understand. So I repeated myself. She still didn’t understand. So Stef, the lil Italian originally from New York had to interpret for me and say L-IIII-MMM-EEE. Hell I didn’t realize there were 4 syllables in “lime” All this time I thought it was a ½ syllable.

P9280345.jpg

P9280346.jpg

P9280347.jpg

After WE finally got our drinks we headed over to the nearest smoking area, for well a smoke of course. A fashion show and school of etiquette ensued. We have decided to keep our day jobs b/c there is NO modeling or Ladyish employment in our future.

P9280351.jpg

P9280352.jpg

P9280348.jpg

P9280350.jpg

P9280349.jpg

Don’t worry; no amebas were harmed in this pictorial

We hit up the F&W after that once Trev and Stef left to spend time back at the Fort with Nate and Amber.

Besides just relaxing, one of the highlights was meeting people while in line throughout.

You are only allowed two drink per person. You can buy a flight of 4 3-6 oz servings but only 2 drinks. So in Germany we didn’t like any of the premade flights so we ordered 3 6 oz pours to make our on in essence. Well Tony was scoping out shade, which meant there was a problem. I told the cashier, wait a sec I’ll get my husband. 3 people back was my new husband, I asked the guy if he would marry me if I promised to be the cheapest and quickest divorce evah. He said sure. Eveyone in line was laughing and I got my beer. Wish I could have bought him one, but he was the next person for the same cashier….GO FIGURE. He was a great sport and we laughed while we waiting for our to be poured. You can meet some interesting and funny people in line.

After we had enough of EPCOT we headed back to the Fort to relax.

Tony cooked a brat for us to enjoy while Stef texted that Donnie was there. Well, after we finish, I met the Mayor. Nice buns, but not AS tight at Nates. But for the age, Nice. Donnie was hilarious and took the jokes and easily as he dished them. Great guy.

After that we hung, met Judy, enjoyed EWP and ended up back at the RV.

Saturday:

Took it easy that morning, but headed to EPCOT when ready.

Did the F&W:

The following are thoughout the 3 days. I’m not sure of the order but all was good. My favorite was France.

P9280357.jpg

P9280358.jpg

P9290381.jpg

P9290382.jpg

P9270271.jpg

P9270272.jpg

P9270274.jpg

Note, muscles were hurt in the above pics. And Belgium’s beer selection was meh, like previously discussed.

After we left EPCOT for the last time, we caught the monorail to MK and headed to the Fort by launch. In fact did that the last two days.

Stef had invited us over for a last minute GC, so I headed home to peal some shrimp. I told her we would send those and pork loin I had that was already cooked just needed heating. We also were grilling some fresh pineapple with habanera sauce. While cooking, thieves came by WITHOUT saying a sing word and took our grill and gas bottle. Luckily, I knew their phone number and the good looking thieves came back to get our cooking items.

Tony and I grabbed a beer while the cart took off and planned to look for lose items on the road while walking over. Luckily nothing to be found.

Once over at the GC site, Trev says we have a problem. So he and I ended up on a beer run. And I get a text while gone, WTH did you send me a turkey leg. Now I knew jello shots had/were being consumed, so I ignored. But once back both Stef and Tony were like WTH is a turkey leg doing here. So lesson learned, mark all freezer bags. That my peeps was a turkey leg totally forgotten since Easter. So no pork loin, but we had beer. Priorities after all..

The GC was AWESOME. Besides the already named crew, Lisa, Bruce, Karla, Paul, Dave were there. TCD and the lovely twins came by. It was awesome meeting everyone! The twins were delightful to speak with! I wish I was that young again, but also wish I had my head on straight like they do at that same age.

TCD, was a delight to meet, and even came back after leaving to spike me. I truly appreciate the thought and effort for going out of his way like that.

We called it a relatively early night, since we were leaving the next morning.

Met Stef and Trev while we walked our mutts on Sunday morning. Said our Goodbyes, but also know we will meet again.

A lil later I see trev driving up in his cart. He brought me this and one last hug.

9D96D444-329B-4972-83E0-BEE0B679647F-3810-0000033425E3F077.jpg

The spike will always have a forever special place in my house. I can’t wait to show it to my dad, who designed RR maintenance equipment for a living. When you see those big yellow machines, he was the main designer for 30+ years.

The punch….well it I’m letting it age. But if you see any crazy(ier) posts than normal…….

I enjoyed meeting everyone this trip! Everyone was the nicest to be around. I hope everyone gets home safely and enjoys their time at the Fort.

We hope to head back next year either around Columbus week-end or the second week in December. Now that Tony and I have enjoyed F&W, I think I would like to come back for Christmas decorations. But honestly, we used our 4 day hopper plus to fullest we could, BUT I would love more down time around the Fort.

We didn’t rent a cart this time, b/c we weren’t sure how Savannah would react. However, that lazy mutt looked at us longly several times, “THAT dog gets to ride, how come I HAVE to walk”. So IF we plan to have more downtime at the Fort, we WILL rent next time.

And if you find my keys, just send me a pm and we can discuss that reward.

PS, to those that do TRs on regular basis, HTH do you do it. I think I may have things in order. Whew this thing has tackled my butt worse than the kid on the beach. Oh, that’s right I fell no tackling necessary.

Sounds like you had some great Fiend time.

That was awesome of Lisa and Bruce to hook you up with the beer.

So, what's the deal with being rejected from employment? I think something about that was in the original title of this thread.

TCD

We had a GREAT time

Bruce and Lisa were FLIPPEN AWESOME to bring me beer.

Rejected employment:

At one point during this trip, I offered to be a luminary source in return for beer. There were issues with the asking rate and funding. So my self employment was rejected.

Great report, Genia! Looks like fun was had by all. Sorry about the lost keys though. :(

I will be monitoring future posts to see when the punch has fermented enough. Oh lawdy, that should be fun!

Thanks DB, we really needed this trip and had a wonderful time.

Yea, well the key issues are still playing out. The RV is currently out of commission until we can have the spare correctly programmed. YFY.

I had a "sip" Tuesday. Oh my.

Note, I do not recommend "cutting" punch with 80 proof lemonade vodka. Don't ask.

Thanks again. You put me on the right track either way. When you work in tech support your used to only getting some of the info you need and then finding your way.

Thanks for the correction. Hopefully when I need this I will remember it.

We good here? If not, I can make something up. I can be a wealth of misinformation. :clint: