River Plantation, Sevierville TN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

In fact we just returned from there on Sunday.  The main drawback is all gravel roads and mostly gravel campsites, with a concrete patio pad.  Gravel does not work well for wheelchairs.   But we are likely to go again because of the lot sizes and accessibility to the Parkway.  iRV2 has held national rallies there a couple of times (2006 and 2012, maybe).  New office/store.  Nice people running it.

I've seen these pics in this thread before and after seeing your post in the other thread asking about RP I think we were there at the same time last November. We were in the pull thru's on Alexis Ln...site 123 if I remember right. If memory serves we were there November 9th - 11th. When were you guys there? 

I've seen these pics in this thread before and after seeing your post in the other thread asking about RP I think we were there at the same time last November. We were in the pull thru's on Alexis Ln...site 123 if I remember right. If memory serves we were there November 9th - 11th. When were you guys there? 

We were there the 14-17th on site 94.

We were in site 125 for one week (with granddaughters staying in one of the cabins) and moved to 195 for the 2nd week.  We LOVE site 125 but they had already promised it to others before we asked for another week. We enjoy this campground very much.

Really nice people running it.    :mh1:

• 1 year later...

We were there the week the lazy river opened last summer.  It was nice with tubes laying around you could use, but it was cold to me.  It was pretty overcast that day though.

I should tell you its not a big lazy river, honestly pretty small but the addition of it to the other big pool and hot tub make the whole area a pretty good size.

WBI

I'll try to dig up some pictures after lunch, I have to run to a meeting now.

Here is a nice video on the campground from 3 years ago before the lazy river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sofehHWzdMA

This site has a lazy river picture. Looks pretty small to me.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g55328-d2412819-i106883155-River_Plantation_RV_Resort-Sevierville_Tennessee.html#106883155

They also have a new ropes course now, it's on property but managed by someone else. It's a bit spendy but looks like it would be a good time if you are into that sort of thing. It's 2 levels with the top level being more challenging, bottom level is $35/person and top is $45/person. The little fella I talked to about it says its about 2 hours to complete the course.

And yes, the lasy river is fairly small.

They also have a new ropes course now, it's on property but managed by someone else. It's a bit spendy but looks like it would be a good time if you are into that sort of thing. It's 2 levels with the top level being more challenging, bottom level is $35/person and top is $45/person. The little fella I talked to about it says its about 2 hours to complete the course.

And yes, the lasy river is fairly small.

Ouch... that is expensive. 

I fully agree that the lazy river is small, when we were there it was raining every day so that probably helped keep the pool crowds down so it wasn't an issue.

I also wouldn't let the river be the deciding factor on staying there but overall it was a pretty nice place for a few nights.  Honestly I prefer being near Gatlinburg so I liked Twin Creek RV Resort better, even though it was smaller.

I dug through the archives and I only have three pictures from River Plantation and they aren't helpful.

IMAG1794.jpg

IMAG1795_1.jpg

DSC09793.jpg

WBI