TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving @ The Fort 2012

And I won't be around to hijack....

Darn. Want me to wait?

J/K, I am going to get the next update up in just a few.

Thanks Dave - that's it! I'd never noticed those until this trip. Reminded me to pay better attention as I'm sure there's a LOT more out there that I haven't noticed before.

And thanks to you, Mo. I have still never noticed those screens. I will be looking for them on our next visit. It's amazing that there are still things I have not seen or noticed at WDW.

Devores's wisdom is boundless

No kidding. That was pretty impressive that Dave knew about those things.

TCD

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK- I cry uncle!!! I am from Missouri - but Oklahoma was close. Our family had been in Pizza Planet at DHS when we saw you (my daughter noticing your girls first), everyone had to go to the bathroom

Send your daughters on Operation Beefcake for me!

"I think I might know something about this secret Hidden Mickey you mention. On one of our recent visits to the new Little Mermaid ride, there was an off duty CM walking through the queue with us. S

Wow. Twenty One pages! Time to wrap this one up.

Friday was a blur. We zipped home, got the camping stuff put away, and loaded up the tailgating gear.

Rocky had to go the kennel.

Oldest DD took off ahead of us on Friday.

We got up at zero dark thirty on Saturday and headed north.

Here we are at around 11 am on Saturday:

Thanksgiving2012610.jpg

The whole gang made it for this game.

It's hard to believe, but oldest DD is a college senior, and we don't know where she will be next year. Hopefully in grad school somewhere, but probably she won't be at FSU.

Twin #2 may be a freshman at FSU next year, but we don't know yet.

So, we all attended this game. It might be the last one we attend as a family for a while.

A lot was on the line for both teams.

For the first time in a long time, both teams had only one loss, and were still in the discussion for a possible national championship.

This year, we decided to tailgate near DD's apartment. It was a cool day, and that gave us access to some heat and indoor plumbing. Nice.

These are the same inflatables that stood behind our site at the Fort all week. Now they're in Tally for the big game:

Thanksgiving2012614.jpg

We were along one of the main roads to the stadium.

We knew from past games that this trailer contains Renegade, the famous FSU mascot.

If you look carefully, you may see that there are three horses in there:

Thanksgiving2012616.jpg

Why are there three horses?

TCD DD knew. She knows pretty much all there is to know about FSU now. The fact of the matter is that they always have two horses handy for each game. The third one is soon to replace one of those horses, and is being trained. The young man who rides Renegade as Chief Osceola gets a full scholarship to FSU. They recruit these guys from the rodeo circuit. The current Chief Osceola is a good old boy from Alabama. No Native American blood in him at all, but he can ride a horse bareback, so he gets a full ride. Nice.

Here's a look at our spread. Decorations are courtesy of Mrs. TCD. If she wasn't there, you would be looking at a box of Ritz crackers and a can of cheese whiz:

IMG_8514.jpg

Stef- if you're reading- how do you like my triple crock pot? I'll bet you don't have one of those.

Since we were along a busy road, we had a lot of folks stop by and take photos with our inflatables. A few folks even stopped and had a beer or some food. This one strange guy walked up and started chatting with me. I asked him if he would like a beer. He said he would rather have a chablis. What's that, I asked? He said never mind, a beer would be fine. So I went and got him one. When I came back, he was discussing politics with two of the girls:

Thanksgiving2012624.jpg

There was something different about this guy. He told us to call him Rick. So we did. Actually, I called him Ricky. He stuck around for a while, and he posed for a photo:

Thanksgiving2012625.jpg

He then told me that he had stopped because he wanted to meet me, as he was a big fan of TCD trip reports. He asked if he could get a photo with me, and one of the girls took the photo for him with his phone. I told him he needed to join ff.net and post that photo. So, Ricky, if you're reading, it's time.

Ricky then took off. There was something weird about that whole thing. Did you notice how he was dressed? And how shiny his head was? Does anyone recognize him? He seemed familiar to me, but I couldn't place him. Maybe he camps at the Fort a lot?

After Ricky left, the FSU team buses came by. All the Gators gave them a chomp:

Thanksgiving2012628.jpg

You want some proof this was a big game?

Here's your proof. The Goodyear blimp was here:

Thanksgiving2012631.jpg

We headed in to the stadium about now.

We got there in time to see the UF band perform:

Thanksgiving2012638.jpg

And then the FSU band joined them:

Thanksgiving2012639.jpg

Both bands played the national anthem. That was special.

Then the UF band got properly harassed by the FSU student section as they left the field:

Thanksgiving2012641.jpg

These FSU students really know how to insult a guy:

jorts.jpg

That Gators wear jorts crack is funny. Especially if you look at what the Nole fans are wearing.

I've been to a lot of FSU games this year. It was nice to see the stands full:

Thanksgiving2012642.jpg

Thanksgiving2012644.jpg

By kick off, there was not an empty seat in the house:

Thanksgiving2012647.jpg

Both teams played a little shaky in the first half, and the score was UF 13 FSU 3 at the half:

Thanksgiving2012649.jpg

Blimp and moon:

Thanksgiving2012651.jpg

We were sitting in FSU booster seats, so there weren't many Gators around me. I kept my mouth shut for the first half. When the third quarter came around, FSU scored 17 unanswered points and went up 20 to 13 on the Gators. The FSU fans all around me, who had been nice and quiet for the first half, went nuts. You never heard so much trash talking. It looked like the Gators had collapsed, and that FSU was going to win its third in a row in this series.

But then Jimbo did what he has done all season- he went all conservative and instead of playing to win, he played not to lose. The Gators then scored 24 points and went up 37 to 20. That was pretty awesome. The time was running out, and FSU fans started to head for the door.

I looked to my right, and saw something orange:

Thanksgiving2012652.jpg

It was twin #1. We had split up into groups of four, and she was sitting with my sister in law and a couple of her cousins. I love this photo. That's Mrs.TCD's sister sitting with the frown on her face at the bottom center of the photo, and I'm sure you recognize the happy Gator:

Thanksgiving2012653.jpg

The score with 29 seconds left:

Thanksgiving2012654.jpg

FSU took a time out and had its first team still on the field against the Gators second and third string players. Jimbo went for a moral victory by scoring a meaningless touchdown in the final seconds of the game, so the final ended up looking like less of a butt whooping:

IMG_8535.jpg

Whatever.

The good guys won!

And 2/5 of the TCD gang were happy.

We hung around in Tallahassee that night, and then headed home in the morning.

That was a fun week.

And this is the end.

Except if anyone recognizes Ricky, let me know.

You know how much I hate unsolved mysteries.

TCD

Sad to see it over (and our trip over too). Haven't posted much but have been following along. It was nice to meet you and hopefully we will see each other at the Fort again sometime. Oh and I found Rick.

Thanks, Jeff. It was good to meet you too. I'm sure that you and your family had a great time. The weather sure was great.

Wow. Do you mean to tell me that Ricky was Rick Scott, the Governor of Florida?

How could that be?

Why would he stop by and see the TCD gang?

Must have been an imposter.

TCD

Thanks, Jeff. It was good to meet you too. I'm sure that you and your family had a great time. The weather sure was great.

Wow. Do you mean to tell me that Ricky was Rick Scott, the Governor of Florida?

How could that be?

Why would he stop by and see the TCD gang?

Must have been an imposter.

TCD

Have you been using photoshop again like Dave and Lou?

Sad that's it's over, happy that it happened.

Especially the Gator win.

If Rick Scott joins FF, I'm moving out of state. No offense to FF.Net, but I think he has more important things to do with his time.

I do not have a triple crock pot. I have 3 individuals though, does that count?

BTW, If I can ever get you to a NASCAR race, the Goodyear blimp is always there. 8)

Thanks for another great report.

I think I went to a football game in high school ... not a fan of the sport ... don't know much about it except that I can't keep up with what's happening from the stands.

BUT ... I could get into this tailgating thing! Could I just stay behind and eat while the game is going on?

And that stadium. It's huge! Don't think we have anything here in NC nearly that big. How many people does it hold?

And I fell for "who is this guy." I should know better.

Anyway, as always, another great TCD trip report!

I think I went to a football game in high school ... not a fan of the sport ... don't know much about it except that I can't keep up with what's happening from the stands.

BUT ... I could get into this tailgating thing! Could I just stay behind and eat while the game is going on?

And that stadium. It's huge! Don't think we have anything here in NC nearly that big. How many people does it hold?

As for the blimp, what about a golf tournament? That's more my style.

Holy crap!

That's what I said when I realized that Rick Scott had been dropped off right across the street.

I still don't know what he was doing there.

The really rich folks have a private parking lot on the other side of the stadium.

Sad that's it's over, happy that it happened.

Especially the Gator win.

If Rick Scott joins FF, I'm moving out of state. No offense to FF.Net, but I think he has more important things to do with his time.

I do not have a triple crock pot. I have 3 individuals though, does that count?

BTW, If I can ever get you to a NASCAR race, the Goodyear blimp is always there. 8)

Thanks for another great report.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Rick Scott's either. But he was very nice to the girls. The guy is such a politician, though. Notice he wore purple. Everyone else has on FSU or UF colors, and the dude wears purple.

Three crock pots are better than my tripple dipper. The sad truth is mine is just a warmer- it can't actually cook anything. It's great for serving at a party, but not for cooking.

I would like to go to a NASCAR race some day, but after the long football season, I somehow don't want to be in a crowd with a bunch of rednecks. No offense.

You need to go to a college football game. It's quite an event.

And sure, you could just come to the tailgate. There are folks who do that.

I think FSU's stadium holds around 84,000. UF's holds around 90.000. It is pretty amazing to be in one of those stadiums when they are packed.

And the guy really was Rick Scott, the Governor of Florida. I was just kidding around about not knowing who it was.

Some people are born gullible. I have to work hard to be as gullible as I am. I not only fell for that, i called dd over to see how cool this was. Halfway through showingher the pictures I realized I had been had.

You were not had.

That is the Governor.

So when does the next one launch?

I don't know.

We stopped by WDW for part of the day last Friday. I have some photos of the new Test Track and a few other things.

I might make those into a little report.

Or maybe I'll add them on to this one.

TCD

You were not had.

That is the Governor.

Oh, I didn't doubt that you met the govenor. I just really thought he was some creepy guy at your tailgate and suspected he had heard someone else talk about your TR's and was mentioning them just to score more free food. I am gullible.

Oh, I didn't doubt that you met the govenor. I just really thought he was some creepy guy at your tailgate and suspected he had heard someone else talk about your TR's and was mentioning them just to score more free food. I am gullible.

No, you're not gullible. That is exactly what he was doing. He was creepy. But he wanted a glass of chablis, not food. He looks like a vegan to me.

TCD

No, you're not gullible. That is exactly what he was doing. He was creepy. But he wanted a glass of chablis, not food. He looks like a vegan to me.

TCD

And how many people at a tailgating party would have chablis? Duh ...

Maybe he's related to our outgoing governor ... Beverly what's her name.