TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving @ The Fort 2012

1. I am indifferent to clowns per se, however, if you say he was good then I believe it. Really enjoyed seeing the photos of Storybook Circus! I have been very excited to finally see it! Looks like a lot of fun. That area needed a redo.

2. Rat tails were not cool even when they were supposed to be. No further comment on that.

3. I love a loyal fan. Go Vols Fan I say! Good for you. One of G's therapists is a full on TN fan also (right down to the ponytail scrunchi and car magnets, so this is not an uncommon sight for us. :)) (We wear our Gamecock colors regardless of how the season went too.) :D

I think you'll love seeing Storybook Circus in person. All of the detail in the area is just awesome. It is a huge improvement for this whole area of the MK.

I am with you on the rat tails. That is a fad I never understood.

I know I wear Gator gear whether the team is having an up or down year. Although, they haven't had too many down years lately. I have seen a lot more FSU fans around this year than I have in the past few. I agree with you-good for the Vols Fan for repping his team. I just hadn't seen a Vols Fan in a long time, so I snapped a photo.

in tallahassee again and no notice...geez. let me know next time you are here, buy ya a beer or few

I know. Sorry.

We tend to make our plans for tailgating on the fly. We are never 100% certain who is coming with us or how long we will be starting before the game. It is hard to pin my daughters down on this kind of thing, so we often don't know where we will be or for how long.

I will take you up on that beer (or beers) one of these days.

I missed quite a bit yesterday.

I have to say the Mickey Pretzel photo of the Twins is a really good for a candid.

I am indifferent to clowns but mostly he'd have to be really good to get me to stop.

May have to go find me a pretzel

If you ever see the clown from my photos, he is worth stopping to watch.

I guess there are others beside him.

Clearly, they found some clowns with some real skills. I was surprised that this guy actually had a show, and wasn't just some bozo that they put in a costume and sent out to annoy guests.

TCD

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK- I cry uncle!!! I am from Missouri - but Oklahoma was close. Our family had been in Pizza Planet at DHS when we saw you (my daughter noticing your girls first), everyone had to go to the bathroom

Send your daughters on Operation Beefcake for me!

"I think I might know something about this secret Hidden Mickey you mention. On one of our recent visits to the new Little Mermaid ride, there was an off duty CM walking through the queue with us. S

We are just at the beginning stages of college searching with my son. I tried showing him your pictures from the twins tour, but he was pretty non committal. I think the whole process is a bit overwhelming for him.

Clowns don't bother me if seeing them in person, but I hate clown dolls.

Well, it looks like I have some good news. And some bad news.

The good news first: You won't have to wait all weekend for another update after I post this one.

The bad news is that this the last update.

This little add on came from our one day visit on 12/7.

And that was a quick trip.

So this is it.

It was fun while it lasted.

We had left the MK right at 5 on our way to Epcot.

We had Fastpasses for Test Track which were good beginning at 6:15.

You never know about Disney transportation. Sometimes it can take an hour or more to get from A to B. Plus, remember that bus we saw at Epcot earlier? It seems as if there have been more monorail breakdowns than normal lately.

So we allowed plenty of time for our trip to Epcot.

It turns out we didn't need it. Monorails pulled up instantly at both stations, and we made it from the MK to Epcot in 30 minutes. That's from walking out of the MK gates and entering the Epcot gates. Not bad.

That meant we were 45 minutes early for our Fastpasses.

What to do?

First thing was to check on our tombstones. We hadn't checked in a while. We saw some today that were really worn down to the point where you could barely make out the guests' faces.

Ours looked fine.

That's us just to the right of the tip of Twin #1's nose:

December72012131.jpg

Here's a closer look at the mug shots:

epcot.jpg

Those are two of my sisters there with the girls. I remember that this was in January 1999, and Mrs. TCD had gone on a ski trip with some other moms. I had to stay home and take care of the kids. Instead, I rented a cabin at the Fort and invited the aunts. Brilliant.

Since we had time, we decided to ride Spaceship Earth.

Our cars stopped a couple of times. One time it was at the Rome scene, and I was right in front of this carved tablet, so I took a photo:

December72012134.jpg

Does anybody know Latin?

I wonder what that says?

From what I have heard, it's an exact replica of one of the Twelve Tablets of Roman Law. So there probably aren't any hidden messages in there or anything about sweet and nasty or any of the fun stuff we found in that book in Belle's cottage. Just some boring laws. Boo.

As you may know, the end part of the ride was changed a while ago to include some interactive things that reveal what you will be like in the future.

I found out some disturbing things about myself.

Like, I am going to be wearing meggings with hawaiian shirts in the future. And very unsensible shoes:

December72012139.jpg

I don't like my future fashion sense, but I am pleased to see that I will be losing some weight, and that I apparently will finally have a flying car. So it's not all bad.

Here I am in meggings again, with a snazzy striped shirt and gloves. Why am I wearing gloves? :

December72012141.jpg

And as if that isn't bad enough, there is this scene. Who is that guy with me anyway? What do those hand gestures mean? What are they trying to tell me? :

December72012142.jpg

I am really worried about my future self.

And, to make matters worse, they end up telling me that my future is starting now:

December72012143.jpg

So what am I supposed to do? Go out and get some meggings and a hawaiian shirt? Where am I going to get a flying car?

I can't tell you how much this all worries me.

I will just try not to think about it.

Hopefully the Mayans are right, and I won't have to deal with the future after next week.

Here's one last shot from Spaceship Earth- you can see the twins' photos up there on the wall:

December72012144.jpg

They always say they are from someplace strange, so their images always go flying off to someplace different from mine.

After Spaceship Earth, it was time for one more Test Track ride. I didn't forget the where the camera is now:

December72012150.jpg

It was a little past 6:30 when we finished with Test Track.

We wanted to try to see the 8:15 perfomance of the Candlelight Processional. So that gave us plenty of time to grab some dinner and get in line.

We decided to eat in Japan. We all like it there, so off we went.

This also gave us a chance to check out the crowd for the 6:45 perfomance of the Candlelight Processional. They were just seating everyone as we went by. It looked like there were a few people in the standby line who did not make it. Some of them looked like they planned to wait for the next show. So, the line for the 8:15 show was already starting at 6:45. I said to the girls that if we really want to see the Candlelight Processional, it looks like we had better get in the line pretty soon. We went ahead and got our dinner in Japan. And then we checked on the line again. The line for reserved dining package seating was on the Japan side of the stage, and the line reached all the way from American to Japan at 7:15. These folks had guaranteed seating, but I guess they wanted good seats. We headed to the other side, and found the line over here to actually be a little shorter than the reserved seating line. Interesting. I attribute it to the fact that the people on the other side had paid for their seats and obviously wanted to see the show. We went ahead and joined the lne at just a bit past 7:15. The wait was very pleasant. It was a cool evening, and there was a low wall there that we could sit on and people watch. The hour passed very quickly, and then the line began to move.

We got seated in the center of the theater, but in the very last row. Those ended up being good seats though. Here's our view:

December72012153.jpg

Our guest narrator was Blair Underwood, and he did a great job:

December72012156.jpg

The choir and orchestra were great too:

December72012157.jpg

We were really glad that we took the time to see the Candlelight Processional.

I highly recommend it.

It you're interested, here's a list of the performers for the rest of the year:

December72012162.jpg

I didn't realize that the Candlelight Processional is an hour long, but it is.

It ended right around 9:15, which gave us fifteen minutes to find a spot for Illuminations.

We just found a spot near the theater.

Twin #2 said she wanted to try the caramel corn from the caramel shop in Germany. Supposedly, it's really good. She dashed over there to get some, and made it back right in time.

She had heard right about that caramel corn. It is da bomb! Man, was that good.

So good, that I said let's get one of those salted caramels that we have heard so much about.

We headed over to Germany and got a few.

Good thing it was evening EMH, because it took a while.

But it was worth waiting on line for that caramel. It is really good.

Since we weren't resort guests for this trip, we were welcome to hang out in Epcot, but we couldn't ride any rides.

We needed to get going anyway.

As we made our way around the lake, we were stopped by the Africa refreshment stand. The bridge was up, and they were moving the fireworks barges backstage:

December72012163.jpg

December72012168.jpg

That only took a few minutes, and then we were on our way.

We admired the Chrismas decorations that are now in the area which was a cranberry bog for the Food and Wine Festival last month:

December72012173.jpg

December72012174.jpg

And then we headed out.

I had hoped to get by the Fort on this short trip, but it was near 11 already. Kind of late to visit.

So we stopped by the Lodge for me to get some coffee for the ride home and took our last two photos:

December72012175.jpg

December72012176.jpg

We headed on home after this, and got there a little after 1 am.

That's it.

This is really the end.

Hopefully, we will get back to WDW before Christmas, or if not before, then definitely after.

And then there will be another trip report.

Until then, that's all I have.

Thanks for reading.

It was real.

TCD

I agree with you-good for the Vols Fan for repping his team. I just hadn't seen a Vols Fan in a long time, so I snapped a photo.

Ok, admittedly, apart from G's therapist your photo is the second fan I've seen. We see the one so often it just seemed like there were more fans. :))

Very much enjoyed this report. All that and a bonus installment too! Can't beat that with a stick!

Looking forward to the next one!

That's it? You're done already? You're only on page 26!

Meggins or meggings, spell them however you prefer, just DON'T wear them. Please.

The boys rat tail? You know all fads come back around. Right now I see a lot of fluorescent clothing at the stores. I lived through that in the 80's, I refuse to do it again.

Clowns are cool as long as they're not annoying.

Why is Twin #2 covering her ears in the last TT photo?

Great job on the report!

BTW, in the pictures of your future, the boy next to you is obviously a son-in-law. Of course, that begs the question, which TCD dd marries a guy who wears meggings?

I am just wondering how well TCD walks in high heels in the future (those definitely don't look like sensible shoes).

Great ending!

Those meggings are scary, but I'd be more worried about the high heel shoes.

Agreed. Somehow, I always thought we would be smarter in the future. But the longer I live, the less I think that.

Thank you so much for another great report! I have long been inspired by you and Yuri and the adventures. You taught me to get out there and go exploring!

Glad you liked it, and I'm glad to hear that I inspired you to explore. None of us will ever see all there is to see at Disney World. There is always something new, but the thing that never ceases to amaze me are how many things there are that have been there for a long time that I have never seen or noticed.

That's it? You're done already? You're only on page 26!

Meggins or meggings, spell them however you prefer, just DON'T wear them. Please.

The boys rat tail? You know all fads come back around. Right now I see a lot of fluorescent clothing at the stores. I lived through that in the 80's, I refuse to do it again.

Clowns are cool as long as they're not annoying.

Why is Twin #2 covering her ears in the last TT photo?

Great job on the report!

Yeah, I'm done. I'll try to do better next time.

Twin #2 is holding on to her mouse ears for dear life. The photo now gets taken just as the car begins the outside portion of the track.

BTW, in the pictures of your future, the boy next to you is obviously a son-in-law. Of course, that begs the question, which TCD dd marries a guy who wears meggings?

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that.

I thought that guy was my new companion in the future. I thought something happened to Mrs. TCD.

I am just wondering how well TCD walks in high heels in the future (those definitely don't look like sensible shoes).

Yeah those are definitely not sensible shoes.

The other possible explanation is that my old head is going to be attached to a new body. Like Walt planned to do. If they can figure out how to do that, they must have figured out a way to eliminate foot pain.

Another great TCD TR.

Ok. Start another one already.

Seriously.

Please?

Sorry, but I need to make a trip before I can start a new report. We really want to get back before Christmas. We are shooting for a one day visit next weekend. If we go, I'll bring the camera.

Until then, there are some other great trip reports under way- read those.

TCD

Just caught up...

a few things...

Like the photo with Gov Scott. My dd and I met him when she was a FL house page this spring, so I knew you didn't photoshop it.

We were at AK the same day (Dec 7) that you were at EPCOT. We don't park hop usually so we missed you but we did have a Carol-Mousekatab sighting.

We also went to EPCOT on the 12th just to ride TT and dd gave it a thumbs down. She's kinda retro.

Also Nickki, please listen to your brother and don't watch Duke basketball. I'm a big fan of theirs and I really don't want them to lose.

That's all.

What a cool college so close to Disney! Up where I live there area still a lot of Tennessee fans and sadly enough there are still a few rat tails too! Really enjoyed your TR!

Hmmm. Where I spotted the Vols Fan wasn't far from the guy with the rat tail. I wonder if they were traveling together?

Just caught up...

a few things...

Like the photo with Gov Scott. My dd and I met him when she was a FL house page this spring, so I knew you didn't photoshop it.

We were at AK the same day (Dec 7) that you were at EPCOT. We don't park hop usually so we missed you but we did have a Carol-Mousekatab sighting.

We also went to EPCOT on the 12th just to ride TT and dd gave it a thumbs down. She's kinda retro.

Also Nickki, please listen to your brother and don't watch Duke basketball. I'm a big fan of theirs and I really don't want them to lose.

That's all.

That's cool that your DD got to be a page. What a fun way to get to see our state government at work (or in gridlock).

That's funny that we were there the same day. We haven't been to AK yet since the Christmas decorations have been up. I hope to get over there soon, as I like their Christmas decorations.

That's funny that your DD gave the new TT thumbs down. My girls liked it better than I did. I guess it appeals more to the folks who like new techno stuff more than folks who like retro. I still think it will be better if they get all the technology to work. But they never had a lot of luck with that before.

TCD