After going to the RV show with Lorna, it became painfully apparent that 15-20K for a new paint job was out of the question for us.  So, we are gonna do it ourselves.  We had success with transforming the golf cart from a Gator cart to an Auburn cart, so we are now going to attempt to match the RV to the golf cart.  Crazy you say?  Why yes, we do things backwards in our family...

Here is the concept drawing...

and yes, it is going to be the same orange as the cart...

167227_1864955662283_1192749535_32208196_2474195_n.jpg

Scott and I own an auto painting company down here in Ft. Myers. (He does the painting, I do the paperwork)  That will take A LOT of paint!  And A LOT of clearcoat!!  Very expensive -- but if you have the equipment to spray it, it will be cheaper than bringing it someplace.

I would love to see you driving down the highway!!  It will definitely attract attention!

Scott and I own an auto painting company down here in Ft. Myers. (He does the painting, I do the paperwork)  That will take A LOT of paint!  And A LOT of clearcoat!!  Very expensive -- but if you have the equipment to spray it, it will be cheaper than bringing it someplace.

I would love to see you driving down the highway!!  It will definitely attract attention!

We are estimating 3 gallons for the orange, 2 gallons for the blue and a gallon for the white.  We are also going to look into making all the lights LED cuz I am sick and tired of changing bulbs.  My dad is a former body shop guy and does paint and body work to flybridges on sportsfishing yachts.  It is going to be a lot of sweat and bullets and we (yes the geek and me) are going to have to help him sand it.  It can be done because I refuse to pay 15K to paint the bus.

I painted the trim on my camper.  Fortunately it is plastic and removable.  It was bright red.  A couple of cans of Rustoleum Paint for Plastic did the trick.

Then I got some Blue vinyl and did some Mouse Ears, and our name, then our beloved Jenn made me a Musket Mickey with some of my vinyl

http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/2007/08/what-was-red-is-now-blue-and-mouse-ears.html

The good thing about this is if I ever do decide to sell, I just take a blowdryer to the vinyl, change out the cabinet knobs, and then it is generic T@B again (but custom Blue)

Jen:  Crimson would be a much nicer color!  :argh:    You know this is a house divided.  I am the Alabama Alumni and Ken is AU.  And then next year, when we take the National Title back again, you will have the right colors on the RV.  Love you.  Judy

Jen:  Crimson would be a much nicer color!  ;)    You know this is a house divided.  I am the Alabama Alumni and Ken is AU.  And then next year, when we take the National Title back again, you will have the right colors on the RV.  Love you.  Judy

I love you to pieces too.  That is why when you get stickers, I will send you those stickers from that college I can't say out loud.

That is HOW MUCH I love you!

No red is in our house, period.  I would be disowned by both sides of the family.