For the sake of ease I just copied and pasted this from our website.

2 Swimming Pools & a Kiddie Pool too!

Horseback Riding ($)

Lounging at the beach

Playgrounds

Dog Walks

Canoeing ($)

Biking

Looping in a Golf cart

Hoop De Doo Review ($)

Horseshoes

Rent a boat ($)

Fishing

Trade Pins

Watch the nighttime Disney movie

Make S’Mores at the Campfire

Join the Sing-a-long

Meet Chip & Dale

Ride the Buses

Plan Your Next day at the Resort hopping

People Watching

Petting Farm

Pony Rides ($)

Fort Wilderness Exercise trail

Sand Volleyball

Basketball

Tetherball

Private Carriage Rides ($)

Two Arcades ($)

Tri-Circle D Ranch

Archery ($)

Relax in a Rocker at Crockett’s Tavern

See Holiday decorations

Ride the Segway ($)

Play Tennis

Take a Wagon Ride ($)

Watch the Fireworks from the Beach

Watch the Electric Water Pageant

Ride The Free Ferry Boats

Meet Your fellow Campers (go Fiend hunting)

Hot Tub

If the adults need a break at DTD, there's a good margarita bar in the Marketplace area over near Captain Jack's. It's down a few steps on the dock area near the boats. The drinks aren't cheap, but they also don't skimp and there are tables/chairs down there to relax for a bit.

Mo (or others that admit they drink),

How do you compare the DTD margaritas near Cpt Jack's to the Mexico stand in Epcot? Have you ever had one at Crocket's to compare?

I am planning an extensive test next week for non park beverages, so suggestions are welcome.

I know I enjoyed the Fuego grapefruit margarita in September.

I have had margaritas at all 3 (I know you're shocked, right?)

IMO the DTD margaritas are the best, followed by Mexico. The DTD stand has various tequilas to pick from, an added bonus. That said, the non-frozen margaritas you can now get at the stand and QS in Mexico are pretty darned good. I was actually a big fan of the frozen lime margarita there with the pomegranate liquor floater. The tequila bar inside the pyramid (La Cava del Tequila) also has a lot of interesting margaritas and HUGE variety of tequilas, but pack some extra $ - they ain't cheap.

Crockett's are... ok. Not bad, but not fabulous either. Best thing about them is you can drink them sitting in a rocking chair on the porch.

One other place for an excellent selection of tequilas/margaritas...

Paradiso 37 at DTD (Pleasure Island). Added bonus - yummy apps and great seating on the deck along the water out back.

Will check out both places at DTD! Thanks for the heads up.

Someone on here, has bent my ear about BYOB (Bring your own beer) to Crockets. Won't name any MD names......... I have pics to prove it too........

Mo (or others that admit they drink),

How do you compare the DTD margaritas near Cpt Jack's to the Mexico stand in Epcot? Have you ever had one at Crocket's to compare?

I am planning an extensive test next week for non park beverages, so suggestions are welcome.

I know I enjoyed the Fuego grapefruit margarita in September.

I'm somewhat of a newbie in the drinking arena but my much more experienced wife and I really enjoyed thr DTD site by Cap'n Jack's. They had a one man Jimmy Buffet Band that was pretty entertaining. Can't go wrong w/ any place named "Cave of Tequila" :wine:

I'm somewhat of a newbie in the drinking arena but my much more experienced wife and I really enjoyed thr DTD site by Cap'n Jack's. They had a one man Jimmy Buffet Band that was pretty entertaining. Can't go wrong w/ any place named "Cave of Tequila" :wine:

I :heart: confused.

I would suggest staying away from said beer. :ph34r:

You KNOW Punch, I KNOW Beer

PBR is good. Made in Milwaukee. I feel like a patriot with that can in my hand.....or with a can in both hands.

:usa:

Thats okay I have never had PBR so it would be something new.

:beer:

All of the lists here seem to have covered everything we usually do. (OK well except maybe Genia's - I am too cheap and do all my drinking at our site) Our last 3 Fort trips have been "park-less", meaning pretty much all we did was hang out at the Fort. There really is SO much to do there. My boys love the Tetherball, Basketball and tennis courts. And of course the pool, year round! The whole family loves to go for really long bike rides, the boys love to hunt down the old train tracks and ride to the group camping area to play when there are no groups staying over there.

Another suggestion I would add is to visit Celebration one day. Just park and walk around, visit the shops, sit by the lake, enjoy some ice cream from Kilwin's. It is a lovely old fashioned kind of place, very relaxing and pretty. A little like Main St. USA without the characters and crowds.

Another suggestion I would add is to visit Celebration one day.

Excellent suggestion.

Just park and walk around, visit the shops, sit by the lake,

You may just run into a Fiend and his Buddy.

enjoy some ice cream from Kilwin's.

After we walk around the lake, Buddy heads right for Kilwins, stops at the door and barks for his usual dish of vanilla ice cream. Of course he gets it.

Excellent suggestion.

You may just run into a Fiend and his Buddy.

After we walk around the lake, Buddy heads right for Kilwins, stops at the door and barks for his usual dish of vanilla ice cream. Of course he gets it.

Lou you are living my retirement dream. I told my boys my plan is to get a job at WDW (so the grandkids can come get in free) and live in Celebration. I just love it there. My goal is for something in the MK or at the Fort, & my husband wants to be one of the boat drivers (captains? not sure what the official title is and am not up on my maritime-ese).

I'd live at the Fort but doubt we can afford to, plus by then it will be much different with all of the development going on.

Buddy is one lucky pup! That is some rich ice cream! Just imagining the aroma of Kilwin's makes my mouth water. Might have to go down to St. George St. in St. Augustine some time soon and get some myself.