BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

Enough Main Street Bakery talk, it's time to move on.

We left off at the MK at around midnight.

Here's one last fireworks shot:

NYE2012054.jpg

The next order of business was to check out the DJ.

In years past we heard the DJ.

He is loud.

We could hear him all the way over at the Fort last year.

It sure seemed like everyone in the MK was having a blast from what we could hear. This year, we actually got to see what we were missing.

There he is, in the white coat up there on the castle stage:

NYE2012058.jpg

The dance party was on! :

NYE2012060.jpg

The DJ was good. He told the crowd what to do. Put your hands in the air. Jump. The usual. The crowd did as it was told.

To keep everyone happy, they had a white guy up there too. As far as I can tell, his job was to press the appropriate buttons on the laptop he had on the table in front of him. Notice how the table is covered. It wasn't supposed to be:

NYE2012062.jpg

So, we are at a NYE dance party saying good by to 2012 and hello to 2013.

They played all the classics.

And you know they had to play the "big" songs from 2012 too.

I knew what was coming.

Gangnam Style!

Here's a video so you can see exactly what you missed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXKU5vhjtE&feature=youtu.be

The dance party was fun.

The lights and effects on the castle were great:

NYE2012066.jpg

NYE2012067.jpg

NYE2012072.jpg

Somebody finally realized that the white DJ's table was supposed to be uncovered, and we finally got to see a Happy 2013 sign:

NYE2012077.jpg

By around 1, the girls had had enough of the dance party.

I had had enough way before then.

The MK supposedly closed at midnight, but it was EMH's until 3.

So, we decided to ride some rides.

We hadn't visited Big Thunder in a while, so we headed there.

It was pretty much a walk on:

NYE2012079.jpg

NYE2012080.jpg

We then discussed what to do next.

Nobody really had a burning desire to ride anything else.

So, the girls wanted to go back and dance some more:

NYE2012081.jpg

NYE2012082.jpg

After 1:30 rolled around, the girls said they really didn't feel like staying until 3. Ever since we got to stay in the MK for 24 hours for Leap Day, the 3 am thing is no longer a big deal to us.

It was getting cold, and our warm beds were calling us.

So we bailed.

Here's the MK Christmas tree:

NYE2012083.jpg

And a Toy Soldier:

NYE2012084.jpg

Our boat was waiting for us, and we headed straight back to the Fort.

We had ridden our bikes down to the marina earlier that night, so we had to bike it back to 1500.

It's pretty cool to ride your bike around the Fort at 2 am.

Nobody else was up.

We just had a nice, quiet ride back to camp.

The offical TCD weather station was saying it was around 50 degrees out. That's better than 40. We turned the heat on low, and called it a night.

The night passed quickly.

I got up a little after 7.

I didn't feel like biking down to Trail's End for my coffee, so I made my own:

NYE2012085.jpg

It was nice and peaceful around the 1500 loop.

I call this photo Sunrise Over the Official TCD Pop-up:

NYE2012086.jpg

I plugged in the inflatables:

NYE2012087.jpg

NYE2012088.jpg

This is a photo of my neighbor on the other side of the inflatables. You can't see it, but he had a sign on the side of his van that said he was a bagpipe player. I was worried about that, but he never broke them out. At least not while I was around:

NYE2012089.jpg

In case you didn't notice, we are going on a walk.

I took a similar walk exactly one year before.

We are going to check on something.

Here we are out by the canal at sunrise:

NYE2012090.jpg

But that is not the direction we are heading. We are going this way:

NYE2012092.jpg

I love this time of morning. There are bright spots that the sun hits, and then there are shadows, like this:

NYE2012093.jpg

Here we are already at the 1800 loop, taking a look in from the gate. For the past few months, this photo would have included a view of the Sanford and Son site, but thankfully, the site is now back to normal:

NYE2012096.jpg

Moving along, I caught my first glimpse of what I came to see. If you don't look too hard, you can't see it there between the branches of this pine tree. But, unfortunately, it's there:

NYE2012098.jpg

If you haven't already guessed, we are heading over to take a look at the new Four Seasons Resort. The next update will have more photos than anyone would care to see of that.

But then we will move on to happier things.

Like waffles.

TCD

Love the castle and firework pictures but I am not sure the Twins are gonna thank you for that one picture of them dancing...

You can also see them dancing in the video.

I guess I am due for some payback.

Always love the early morning pics the best!

Why is their no video of you dancing?

Glad you like the morning photos, because there's a bunch more on the way.

I guess there's no video of me dancing because I was in charge of the camera. But trust me, I was dancing. I did the Cupid Shuffle, and YMCA. They pulled out all the stops. We even heard the Macarena going as we were leaving.

Sorry, but that is a trade secret.

It's not hard to do if you bel13ve in magic.

:484grumpy11: :badmood:

Sorry, but if I tell all my secrets, then they won't be secrets.

TCD

Let's get the exploration photos out of the way.

We left of peeking through a pine tree.

This is what we are going to see:

NYE2012099.jpg

For comparision, this is what that scene looked like last year:

IMG_2399.jpg

That''s the same pine tree, and you can see the golf cart bridge there in the distance.

I call this photo Reflections of Abomination at Sunrise:

NYE2012100.jpg

The turkeys on the other side of the canal didn't seem to care too much about the new building:

NYE2012101.jpg

They have gotten a lot done in a year:

NYE2012103.jpg

This gate marks the boundary of the Fort:

NYE2012106.jpg

You can see the building clearly from here:

NYE2012108.jpg

There wasn't much to see from here last year:

IMG_2400.jpg

Despite my holiday eating, I can still squeeze through the gate opening, and we are on our way:

NYE2012109.jpg

You may wonder, as once used to, if it's OK to walk around over here. Well, there were all kinds of lanscape workers buzzing around, and all they said to me was good morning:

NYE2012111.jpg

A closer look at the building:

NYE2012114.jpg

Last year, all that was here was a big open field, and one crane:

IMG_2416.jpg

Here we are looking back across the canal toward the Fort. Do you see the deer family over there? :

NYE2012115.jpg

How about now? :

deer.jpg

I think the building is now topped out. They are just now framing the towers that will be on top:

NYE2012117.jpg

That construction fence doesn't block much anymore:

NYE2012119.jpg

But, there seems to be a lot of work going on on the other side of the fence. I think the lazy river is going to be over here:

NYE2012121.jpg

NYE2012122.jpg

It was thoughtful of them to include openings in the fence so I can take a look. For some reason, someone actually cut a hole in the fence wire here:

NYE2012127.jpg

There doesn't seem to be anything special on the other side:

NYE2012128.jpg

This is the view that the hotel guests will be looking toward:

NYE2012131.jpg

Now, we are heading back:

NYE2012133.jpg

There was a duck couple having breakfast across the canal:

NYE2012135.jpg

A closer look:

ducks.jpg

The path back to the Fort:

NYE2012136.jpg

I never noticed this before, but there's an old propane tank hidden in the brush here, and it's attached to something:

NYE2012138.jpg

This is probably the work of those Iranian nuclear scientists that DaveinTn has warned me about for years.

Or, it is some kind of insect trap used to catch insects for the Disney entomologists to study.

One or the other.

Here's one last look at the Four Seasons:

NYE2012139.jpg

You want to know something amazing?

When I come back here next year at NYE (Lord willing), that danged hotel is still not going to be done and open.

They say not until 2014.

Dang, they must have a lot of money.

Here's some more deer hanging out behind some of the campsites on 1800:

NYE2012140.jpg

NYE2012141.jpg

And, then we are back behind the 1500 loop.

NYE2012142.jpg

After my little journey, I did some bike looping.

I ended up on the 500 loop, and stopped by to say good morning to the DaveInTn family.

I gave Dave his Christmas gift.

Which I forgot to take a picture of.

Hopefully, he will cover that in his report.

I told Dave that we were thinking about biking over to the Lodge for waffles.

Dave started drooling.

He told me all about the waffles.

He convinced me we needed to go.

So I headed back to camp to wake the girls.

TCD

Ok, I have a few comments to make. First off....did you realize you had been photo bombed by a ghoul from the Haunted Mansion? Strange things happen on NYE.

NYE2012080.jpg

Secondly, stop being ridiculous with the whole Iranian nuclear scientist thing. That propane tank clearly fell off an alien spaceship.

And speaking of aliens, I think there is one in charge of Roaring Forks now. That used to be my FAVORITE counter service place in all of WDW. And I don't know if you realize this, but that morning after you left our campsite to go get waffles, I decided that I needed to, without fail, make it there for breakfast on this trip for my coveted Wilderness waffles. They are just about the only breakfast at WDW I like more than the Tonga toast. As it turns out, we ended up not having time to get to both RF and the Poly for breakfast, so I had to choose one. I chose RF. And what did I come to find out when I went up to order?? THEY GOT RID OF THE STINKIN WILDERNESS WAFFLES!!! Which you failed to warn me about. And had I known, I would have skipped RF and gone to the Poly for Tonga Toast. :banghead:

Finally, I do indeed plan on covering my Christmas gift in my trip report. If I write a trip report. Which I'm not sure about yet. But even if I don't write a trip report, I'll be posting a pic of my gift at the appropriate time.

Ok, I have a few comments to make. First off....did you realize you had been photo bombed by a ghoul from the Haunted Mansion? Strange things happen on NYE.

Secondly, stop being ridiculous with the whole Iranian nuclear scientist thing. That propane tank clearly fell off an alien spaceship.

And speaking of aliens, I think there is one in charge of Roaring Forks now. That used to be my FAVORITE counter service place in all of WDW. And I don't know if you realize this, but that morning after you left our campsite to go get waffles, I decided that I needed to, without fail, make it there for breakfast on this trip for my coveted Wilderness waffles. They are just about the only breakfast at WDW I like more than the Tonga toast. As it turns out, we ended up not having time to get to both RF and the Poly for breakfast, so I had to choose one. I chose RF. And what did I come to find out when I went up to order?? THEY GOT RID OF THE STINKIN WILDERNESS WAFFLES!!! Which you failed to warn me about. And had I known, I would have skipped RF and gone to the Poly for Tonga Toast. :banghead:

Finally, I do indeed plan on covering my Christmas gift in my trip report. If I write a trip report. Which I'm not sure about yet. But even if I don't write a trip report, I'll be posting a pic of my gift at the appropriate time.

LOL!

Look at how much fun that guy is having! Party animal!

Aliens! Of Course! My bad.

Sorry about not warning you about the Wilderness Waffles. But, thanks for resolving this issue. I remember you telling me about the waffles with hot syrup and nuts and how the drool was dripping from your mouth. When we got there, there were no such waffles. I just chalked it up to your advanced age, or that perhaps you had been sipping some of that Russian beer for breakfast.

I don't believe what I'm reading here about you being on the fence about writing a TR for your Christmas trip. You have to write a report! It will easily be the most epic report ever. Come on, two whole weeks at the Fort? You have to tell us about it.

TCD

OK. Great report so far. The cinnamon rolls are available in the big tent, I bought 3 of them there. They were cold though. >:( . That is not a propane tank. It has a green diamond on it so it is either oxygen or nitrogen. It looks more like a nitrogen tank. Either way it is a non-flammable gas. Good one on the leap year 24 hours in the kingdom, took me a few minutes to figure that one out. I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. The holes cut in the fence are for the surveyors to shoot elevations through with a transit level.

For RF, switch to the pancakes. They don't even need syrup, they are delicious. Or go to The Wave and get the sweet potato pancakes with pecan butter. omg. It's not counter service, but you don't need a reservation and its quiet and peaceful and not too pricey. And they also have key lime eggs benedict. We had breakfast there 4 times this trip.

Hmmm, we'll see. It would help if Lou and Bob would beg.

And how is that going to happen?

Neither one of them reads trip reports.

OK. Great report so far. The cinnamon rolls are available in the big tent, I bought 3 of them there. They were cold though. >:( . That is not a propane tank. It has a green diamond on it so it is either oxygen or nitrogen. It looks more like a nitrogen tank. Either way it is a non-flammable gas. Good one on the leap year 24 hours in the kingdom, took me a few minutes to figure that one out. I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. The holes cut in the fence are for the surveyors to shoot elevations through with a transit level.

I didn't know about the cinnamon rolls in the big tent. Cold doesn't sound good, though.

OK, so you are an expert on alein equipment? Let me show you a close up of the tank:

tank.jpg

And this is what it was attached to:

tank2.jpg

So, what does that mean?

Are we about to be invaded?

Should I alert the authorities?

For RF, switch to the pancakes. They don't even need syrup, they are delicious. Or go to The Wave and get the sweet potato pancakes with pecan butter. omg. It's not counter service, but you don't need a reservation and its quiet and peaceful and not too pricey. And they also have key lime eggs benedict. We had breakfast there 4 times this trip.

Key Lime Eggs Benedict? What the heck is that?

Y'all going there four times is enough of an endorsement for me. We will need to give it a try!

TCD

It was wise to hold onto the camera during the entire dance session.

The cylinder is actually the time capsule that explains secrets such as where Walt's frozen melon is being held, why the river country panther has only been seen by human eyes once, and why the calliope music still plays at the TCD barn......amongst other things like who the second gunmen was on the grassy knoll.