BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

The guy being led around with the plaid vest guy was Leslie Nielsen. He came back just for this trip.

I believe Tweedle Dee and Dum have their names embroidered on their collars. At least that's what I remember from many moons ago when I was in high school (had just marched in the parade with the HS band) and Tweedle Dee grabbed me and tried to dance with me in front of the castle. I was mortified! Remember I was in HS and all my friends were watching!

I love the special parades. I remember the year that they introduced the Electrical Parade again. We were going to miss it by just a few weeks. I was heartbroken. It was the only thing I remembered from our very first trips when I was a little girl. It's pure nostalgia, second to the water parade. And only second because as far as I know, they never removed the water parade so there wasn't anything to miss.

I was thrilled when they made it a permanent feature again. Best thing they've done in many years.

My second favorite parade is the Halloween parade.

Waiting un-patiently for an update. I do want to say after writing my TR you do ROCK. :banana:

They are much harder and time consuming than I thought(and I didn't get half as many pictures as you do).

Please continue on fearless leader. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Wow! I have a lot of comments to respond to. So, let's git 'er done. Ten at a time:

Shooting for page 2!!!!!

And you made it!

WTG!

Ooo, neat parade.

Glad you like it, because I have one more batch of photos from it.

It was a real treat to see this parade during the day.

Great parade. Looking forward to more pics!

Thanks, Gwen.

And, luckily for you, I have more pics to share.

It's strange to see the MVMCP parade in daylight!

Yes, it is strange. It's nice that they do it. It's a great parade-so much better than the normal afternoon parade.

BOP2 bragging rights!!!

And you totally rocked that hat. Should have gotten it.

More like mid-page 2 BR's.

It was good to see you around the Fort on this trip.

Cool trip report....I don't think I've ever seen Gepetto character before?

I think he's in the regular parade, but I can't swear to that.

Me either! I have seen Jiminy, long long ago when they had that insect thing at Animal Kingdom. Still one of my all time favorite character encounters! And, I had my picture taken by chance with the Tweedles once when passing by the teacups.

Also I think Christopher Robin is a girl - wasn't there some discussion about a boy Belle? Maybe they should switch costumes.

Yeah, Jiminy used to always be there in Rafiki's Planet Watch. Never a line either. But he's been MIA for a while now.

I don't remember the boy Belle. Do you mean TinkerBill? He couldn't play CR- his 5 o'clock shadow is very dark.

Yep, left about 10 am on the morning of the third, pulled in at 7:30am on the fourth. Took a five hour nap at a truck stop about 10:30 pm then hit the road again. It was great to see you again.

Glad you made it home safely. It was good to see you and the Mrs. again, too.

Bottom of page 2 maybe....wherever I land I'm in. :popcorn:

Yes- page 2.

Not bad.

I'm here. I'm here. Hoping for page 2 but anywhere is fine on a TCD trip report. You make it look easy.

You made page 2 also.

Way to go!

TCD

Pluto's tongue had to be shortened due to a sexual harassment lawsuit from Lady.

LOL!

I didn't hear about this. Poor Lady.

We saw some more altered tongues in this very same parade. Stay tuned.

Technically you have to like both Twins ....me I can just like the one that's giving you a hard time in the current update. That's how I roll!

Love the parade

I think you have warned me about Twin #2 before.

You suspicions about her are right!

Why do you think that is Christopher Robin? Couldn't it be Pinnocchio as a real boy? Afterall. he is hanging with Gepetto. I just don't think it looks like any Christopher Robin I have ever seen.

OK, I googled images of Christopher Robin and a picture of of another cast member inthis outfit was one of the hits. My mistake. Please forgive me for doubting the great TCD.

No problem, Marty.

I didn't know who it was either. My girls are the ones who figured out he had to be Christopher Robin.

He's an odd little fellow.

Looking forward to more parade pics.

Like seeing the more obscure characters.

I got a picture of DW standing next to tweedle-dee many moons ago.

She was not impressed with my humor.

Well, I think that's hilarious!

\

Another TCD report!!!!!! Whoo Hoooo!!!!!

How do you tell Dee from Dum?

I never thought about it.

I'll bet there's a way.

Back atcha' T to the C to the D

Nope, our day at the MK ended late afternoon, so I was able to sneak in a decent nights rest before a 6am departure.

I was remiss in one respect. When we got home, I immediately starting the clear out of the refrig. That's when I noticed the 3 M&M ice cream sandwiches that I had earmarked for you, Lou, and me to consume during a hot December Florida day. I'll bring a fresh batch next time. In addition, I had 3 Bud Light and several pieces of chicken left from our last GUG. Thus describes what I had for lunch my first day back in civilian life.

Great to see you sir.

Glad that you got to enjoy those leftovers.

As I told you, Lou and I did drive by your place together earlier in the day. Too bad you missed your chance to see the great Captain Lou again.

Hopefully, you'll be back soon.

We all need to chip in and buy him a memory upgrade for that Vic-20 pc. Then he could see the cool pics and enjoy the TRs we all do. :)

Great idea!

But, it might be dangerous for Lou to upgrade his computer.

Wow page three... Sorry TCD I failed for page one. Keep a date open between July 21 and August 5th.. I'll buy the adult beverages on the porch...

OK, I will try to remember those dates.

I am not one to turn down an adult beverage on the porch.

I even saw where this was coming and I only managed page 3. Bragging rights for page 3!!! Loving the report, thanks again for sharing.

OK, you got page 3 bragging rights, Eric.

Better than page 4.

Thanks.

We just have the 2 boys - AJ is the oldest - and this is his first.

CJ is at the Air Force Academy and he can't be married or have children while there so I have a few years to wait.

It is nice to be "young" and travel to see them.

Yes, that will be nice.

Plus, Utah is kind of close to Colorado, so you can visit both sons while you're out there.

TCD

More comments before we move on:

Zachary is going to be sooooooooooooo jealous of the Jake hat. I'm going to have to get him one of those!

Yes, get Z one of those hats. Maybe he could wear it with his Z-Dawg costume.

:jumpforjoy I'm "pulling up the rear" as usual lately.............but thrilled for another TCD report!

I had some comments until I read IDWD's Pluto harassment charges and FP4's Dee Dums responses. I'm now completely distracted.

I'll wait until you get us back on track for any suitable comments.

Carry on!

Stef-

Glad to have you along!

We will get this thing back on track so you can make your usual contributions.

"I beli3ve, I beli3ve"!

TCD, Great start to the New Year.

Thanks, Dave.

After we get past 12/22, we will fastforward to 12/30 and take a look at NYE at the Fort.

The guy being led around with the plaid vest guy was Leslie Nielsen. He came back just for this trip.

Maybe.

But, the young lady in the crew had a Canada t-shirt on. So, I am thinking this was some kind of Canadian VIP.

I'm in. Page three (sigh).

Nothing wrong with Page 3.

Page 3 Bragging Rights to you!

Weekends seem longer when there is a TCD report in progress.

Sorry about that. I'll try to get this thing cranked up now.

I am in......looking forward to more!

Thanks, Heidi.

Good to know you're reading along.

I believe Tweedle Dee and Dum have their names embroidered on their collars. At least that's what I remember from many moons ago when I was in high school (had just marched in the parade with the HS band) and Tweedle Dee grabbed me and tried to dance with me in front of the castle. I was mortified! Remember I was in HS and all my friends were watching!

Thanks, Nadine.

I will take another look at the photos and see if I can see the names on the colars.

Were y'all around WDW at all during the holidays?

1. Love the cool 2013 merchandise.

2 :rofl2: @ the Jake and the Neverland Pirates issue.

3. It's great to see the Classic Characters in the parade!!! We love many of the new ones but not at the expense of the Classics. :)

Thanks, KFK.

Good point about the classic characters. It's funny how they are now considered to be rare.

I love the special parades. I remember the year that they introduced the Electrical Parade again. We were going to miss it by just a few weeks. I was heartbroken. It was the only thing I remembered from our very first trips when I was a little girl. It's pure nostalgia, second to the water parade. And only second because as far as I know, they never removed the water parade so there wasn't anything to miss.

I was thrilled when they made it a permanent feature again. Best thing they've done in many years.

My second favorite parade is the Halloween parade.

I think the Halloween parade is awesome too. I think that one is my favorite. As far as I know, they don't run that one other than for the Halloween parties.

This Christmas one is very good. Lots more stuff than a normal parade.

TCD

I zoomed in on the Tweedle Dee/Dum photo, and low and behold, Nadine is right! You can see the emboidery under the scarfs:

dee.jpg

dum.jpg

That makes it easy!

TCD

Maybe.

But, the young lady in the crew had a Canada t-shirt on. So, I am thinking this was some kind of Canadian

TCD

Leslie Nielson was Canadian.

Leslie Nielson was Canadian.

Well, then, there you go!

It must have been him.

They must be testing out that rasing the dead thing in anticipation of unfreezing Walt's head for the grand opening of Avatarland.

If I hand around a few more minutes, I bet I can read an update while I eat my lunch. :D

Eat slowly.

I'm working on it!

TCD

Here comes the next update!

But, in fairness, it's only 30 photos from the parade.

No complaining.

Or I'll post the rest of the parade photos.

After the Mickey and Minnie float, we had castmembers on fake ice skates. They did a good job:

122212083.jpg

122212084.jpg

And then Scrooge McDuck- you don't see him around very much:

122212086.jpg

Then a horse and sleigh straight from the Fort! :

122212087.jpg

I recognize the lady driving the sleigh as a TCD Ranch CM- they are at the barn every morning getting the horses ready to go to the MK. Then they go with the horses and come back with them in the afternoon:

122212088.jpg

These might be the ranch hands that they have been advertising for:

122212089.jpg

Someone has to do it.

If the fake ice skates weren't enough for you, how about fake skis? :

122212090.jpg

This group really was having fun on those things.

This Chip and Dale float was very nice. The chipmunks were throwing fake snowballs at the guests along the parade route:

122212092.jpg

I love this photo- a little girl ran out to be in the snow- she shouldn't have, but she did:

122212095.jpg

Snow White had her very own float:

122212096.jpg

But Cinderella had a horse-drawn carriage:

122212099.jpg

122212101.jpg

Those ponies are from the Fort too.

And, I guess so were these guys:

122212102.jpg

Someone has to do it.

There was all kind of dancing in this parade:

122212103.jpg

We recognized this float as one from the regular 3:00 parade with a few Christmas touches:

122212104.jpg

And this float was definitely recycled from the Halloween parade:

122212110.jpg

More dancers:

122212112.jpg

You want to see a rare character? How about Horace Horsecollar? :

122212114.jpg

Then came a bunch of gingerbread men:

122212115.jpg

And more dancing! :

122212117.jpg

And Clarabelle Cow (also rare) :

122212119.jpg

Then a huge bunch of elves:

122212122.jpg

I am not sure who these elves were, but there was one in that car, and then the rest were on electric scooters. This fellow, Gizmo, stopped and posed for a photo:

122212125.jpg

I think I may have seen this Bo Peep character before, but not anytime recently:

122212130.jpg

The Toy Story float:

122212137.jpg

Remember how I said I had a theory about why there seemed to be so few marchers with the Main Street Philharmonic? Well, check out how many toy soldiers there were. I'll bet these are some of the missing Philharmonic members:

122212142.jpg

They were very good marchers:

122212147.jpg

When the reindeer show up, that means the big guy can't be far behind:

122212156.jpg

You want to know something strange?

The reindeer's tongues used to be longer too.

What the heck is going on here?

Did they go after Lady too?

This is Blitzen:

122212158.jpg

I asked him what happened to his tongue. But the cat had it.

And finally, for photo #30, we have Santa:

122212159.jpg

And that was that. A great parade! We hadn't planned on seeing it at 12:30. It was now well past one, and we needed to eat lunch.

We decided to head back to the new Be Our Guest restaurant. On a busy day like today, we figured we would have no chance to get in. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained, so we headed back to the new Fantasyland.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

Is this the same parade as the one at MVMCP? If so, it looks like they have made several changes since we've seen it. Or maybe it just looks different in the daytime.

It's been a few years since we've been to a MVMCP, so I can't say, but supposedly, this is the same parade.

They use it after the last MVMCP, through January 1st.

TCD

LOVE the parade photos! The soldiers are my favorite. We used to go to MVMCP a lot and I miss it.

Those CM's on skates had a tough job, it's not easy to rollerblade for that long! They must have strong legs! I rollerblade a little bit, and went ice skating for the first time in many, many years this Dec. My calves were throbbing afterward! Those skate-skis look pretty cool though - I'd like to try that out.

Sorry to do this again, but that shot you took of that cow is well, um, a bad angle. Or maybe it's just my bad mind.