BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

Thanks, Dave.

Here's a couple more photos from that same roll of film.

BuckeyeFortMama posted this photo on your most recent TR:

Here's a photo of the oldest TCD DD in the same place circa April 1998:

boneyard_zps287d9a0c.jpg

I don't know why the twins aren't in there with her.

I'm wondering if there was a height requirement to use the playground?

And, here's one more from the archives.

We stayed at the Beach Club on this trip, and we ate dinner one night at the Big River Brewery restaurant at the Boardwalk. Apparently, there was some pre-dinner face painting:

bigriver_zps540a7234.jpg

TCD

Why is there a beer in front of your DD?

Was the drinking age lower back then?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

Blue is definitely a good color on you. Your girls are adorable.

Thank you. I had forgotten all about the face painting until I saw this photo. It made me literally LOL. I remember that night perfectly now. It was warm and humid, and the paint was running into my eyes. To top it off, we rented one of those surreys and rode around the lake. That paint ended up all over my face and white shirt. I guess we were out of film, as there are no photos.

There, that's much better.

TCD_zps59a67f50.jpg

You are a master with the photoshop.

now that I can see that better (Thanks Lou!) is that Teenage Mutant ninja turtle??

Um, duh!

Of course.

Do you remember which one had the blue mask?

I think it's the Lone Ranger during the hippie years, far out, groovy.

Thanks, Lou.

Fair warning: Twin #2 is a photoshop wizard. Maybe not as good as you, but it will serve my purposes should the need arise.

Why is there a beer in front of your DD?

Was the drinking age lower back then?

ROFL, I think the Mrs. was sitting there and that is who snapped the picture.

And now you know....the REST of the story.

Nope. I think the Mrs was getting some me time and this is how TCD knew he could get naps from the girls!

Lol!

I knew he would not share his beer without a good reason

Very funny. But Annie is right- Mrs. TCD took the photo.

If I remember right, she also got her face painted. But, she was in charge of the camera, so there is no photo.

I love the old pictures! and the mustache!

Me too.

We have boxes and boxes of old photos.

It's been bittersweet looking at them all. It's hard to believe that the ones we looked at in this TR are from 15 years ago.

It doesn't seem possible that these little girls are all leaving the TCD nest, or that handsome young man with the moustache is now a silver fox.

TCD

Leonardo is the TMNT with the blue mask! Trust me, I would know. We we lived TMNTs in the early days. Christopher had TMNT undies, bed stuff, all the figures, the Technodrome etc. I miss those days.

Very good, Rita!

I think Christopher may have preferred you not to have mentioned this.

The TMNTs were at their peak in the early 90's. Apparently, they were still popular enough in 1998 that the Disney face painters were still offering the masks.

TCD

I actually didn't doctor that photo at all. Enlarged it, cropped it, and enhanced the colors. Sorry, but that's you un-retouched.

Photoshop challenge, I'm game.

Funny. The mask looks more purple in the enlargement, but I remember it being blue.

Ok so I will admit the stache looks good in that photo....

Yeah, it was pretty sweet. But, after it was pretty much all grey, it needed to go. I didn't like the Captain Kangaroo vibe I was giving off.

Just finished.........great report as usual! Never eaten at 'Ohanas but you kinda make me wanna try it.

Thanks for reading, and commenting!

I appreciate it!

We loved 'Ohana, and we plan to go back. It's pricey, but by Disney standards, it's a pretty good value for what you get.

TCD