13 Ways To Save Money at WDW in 2013

The rules are technically one "camping vehicle" (TT or MH) and one tent -OR- 2 tents per site.

That said, I've seen plenty of cases of "site sharing" that Disney didn't seem to have an issue with.

Generally if you fit everything on the site and are under the 10 person/site max, it's unlikely anyone is going to care if you're all one "family" or not and say anything.

Of course it can be a trick finding someone who's a nonsmoker, will park their car in overflow and allow your 7 year old to ride their bike round and round in circles while you grill... 8)

My money saving tips.

Stay at the Fort at a full hookup site on a AAA discount off season, if possible.

Eat breakfast and dinner at the campsite.

Only eat counter service at the parks, and plan wisely. There are some exellent deals on counterservice meals. Rotissierie chicken meal at Cosmic Rays is an excellent deal. Flame Tree at AK is a good value.

I buy my tickets at SOG, with the no expiration. Since we only hit a couple parks a trip, it locks in the price for the next few trips and beats the ticket increases. I also have been known to use the military special tickets they have made available over the last couple of years, although the deal is not as good as it originally was.

Avoid Disney alcohol at all costs. It is ridiculously overpriced. I do make some exceptions, but they are considered special treats for me.

Get to the Fort a few days early and stay a few extra days after your vacation. You can set up in the overflow lot. Just don't open your awning or set out your lawn chairs and grill. This will cut your campsite cost by at least 50%.

We are trying to plan a trip down in late April, or early May, but with a family of 6, it makes it hard with a limited budget.

We sold our trailer about a month before Super Storm Sandy hit and it was a blessing that we did as a 70ft tree drop where we park it.

We are just exhausted with all the clean up, dealing with the insurance company, trying to get estimates on the cost of fixing our roof.(We had two 70ft trees fall on it)

We only got one estimate (That we think is way high), trying to get people to come over and get an estimate is nearly impossible. They are so busy, they just don't show up when they say they will.

We just want to get away!

• 2 months later...

We stay in a full hook up look with AAA discount.

Eat our main meal in the middle of the day at the MH

Take sandwiches, snacks, etc into the park with us to eat at dinner time.  DH didn't like this concept at first, but last trip we traveled with daughter, son in law, and 15 month old granddaughter.  He got on board when everyone else was.  It worked great.  He was surprised to see so many people doing the same thing.

We also buy the AP and get 2 vacations out of it.  Last time we got 3 trips. 

Son in law is an active duty Marine so we also buy our tickets at SOG.

We stay for 2 weeks.  My theory is that if we are paying for the diesel to drive 1000 miles down and 1000 miles back, we might as well stay for 2 weeks and get our money worth.

• 4 weeks later...

Taking our camper and staying at the Fort is probably  the biggest way we save money when going to Disney. Especially when our trips are over July 4th. Last fall we went to Disney during a value season with free dining and stayed at a value resort. That saved alot. As far as the food we save some by eating at our camper. If  we are at the camper and it is breakfast or lunch before we leave for a theme park we eat at the camper unless we have a reservation somewhere to eat. If we are leaving the parks at dinner time we usually wait until we get back to the camper.  That saves. But meals don't always work out that way and sometimes we have to eat in the parks. We never leave the park just to go back to the camper to eat. Its just easier to stay if that's the only reason you are leaving. I do take water and a few snacks, ritz & peanut butter, peanuts(husbands favorite), granola bar etc., We eat outside Disney. I have gift cards for Applebees, Crakerbarrel & Outback that I plan on using on my Disney trip this summer! I reserved Breakfast at Tusker house, and Chef Mickeys so they would be cheaper than Dinner. I reserved lunch for Sci-Fi and Crystal Palace so they would be cheaper than Dinner.