Guest's vehicle burglarized in Magic Kingdom parking lot

Okay, if these idiots were stupid enough to really leave a computer, Christmas gifts and a LOADED GUN in their car while they frolicked at the MK, then they deserved to be burglarized. Actually, I call foul. Around here, whenever somebody's home in a shitty neighborhood gets robbed, they had 15 thousand dollars worth of jewelry and 10 thousand in cash.

I agree a lot of times it can be a sham. But we have done Christmas in a hotel and didn't want to leave the gifts in the room. For multiple reasons. Kids see them and we have had stuff stolen from the hotel. So maybe this was the case. We got lucky, but I did take a trip out to the car every hour or so when they gifts were in it

Well if they were on vacation where else were they going to put everything. You can't take a gun into MK.(pick any truck in Texas you will find a gun) Most people have a gps in there car. The computer could have been a 99 cent net book from sprint. And it doesn't say what the gifts were might have just been shoes and a jacket.

Why is this even a story? Are we supposed to believe that thieves won't dare go onto WDW property because the level of security is unbelievable Well it's not unbelievable It's adequate.

It's assumed that there are cameras everywhere. That there a plain clothes security everywhere. That the security CMs are all retired Navy seals, That there is an underground bunker somewhere where everything on WDW property is being watched. It's all baloney. While those things are at WDW, to what level is the question.

What comes to mind is the incident involving the attempted strangulation of a bus driver a couple of years ago. People said that security was on the spot within minutes and that everything was caught by Disney surveillance cameras, wrong. I'm close friends with that bus driver and security didn't arrive until much later and there were no Disney cameras that recorded the incident. It was recorded by a guest with a smart phone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmovTsW6gHY

Do the same thing you'd do at any mall parking lot. Disney's security is probably no different than theirs.

Well if they were on vacation where else were they going to put everything. You can't take a gun into MK.(pick any truck in Texas you will find a gun) Most people have a gps in there car. The computer could have been a 99 cent net book from sprint. And it doesn't say what the gifts were might have just been shoes and a jacket.

actually, you can. But they have a nice wall,of gun lockers in security (just back stage off Main Street) and ask that you check them in. I actually have a safe bolted through the floor of the camper,so we can secure items while we are out. Plus, there is usually a German Shepherd Dog protecting the camper!

actually, you can. But they have a nice wall,of gun lockers in security (just back stage off Main Street) and ask that you check them in. I actually have a safe bolted through the floor of the camper,so we can secure items while we are out. Plus, there is usually a German Shepherd Dog protecting the camper!

Never new that. Cool

...Are we supposed to believe that thieves won't dare go onto WDW property because the level of security is unbelievable

I think that's it exactly. There's the perception by many that nothing "bad" can every happen at WDW, that it's in a magical bubble that the outside world can't touch, and that Disney does everything it possibly can to keep the outside world from coming in.

Sure to some extent WDW *is* in a bit of a bubble, but actual human beings come and go through that bubble all the time - by the thousands and tens of thousands. There's no possible way that every one of them has the very best of intentions and it's unrealistic to think that Disney is going to dedicate enormous amounts of resources to keeping an eye on every square inch of the place.

We definitely like to think we're "in the bubble" when we're there, but you can't throw all caution to the wind either. If you wouldn't trust certain things at home (like leaving computers and gifts and guns in your car), don't do it there. And if you do, expect that, just as if you were at home, there will be a chance it will get stolen - maybe less of a chance depending on where you live, but still a chance.

Thieves are scumbags. Due to low moral fiber, often (not always) look for the easy way. I can't imagine what caused their thought process to alter. Hmmmm..they could hit a mall, take what they can get, and be on I4 within seconds. Or, they could traverse the maze of Disney roads, pass through the parking lot toll gates, cruise parking lots with constant activity, and hope to avoid detection by a myriad of video cameras (supposedly). Doesn't make sense to me.

Al Bundy always kept his Picasso in the trunk of the mighty Dodge.

Thieves are scumbags. Due to low moral fiber, often (not always) look for the easy way...

Yup! The guy we bought our camp in the woods of Maine from said "there are some shady characters in town, but they're mostly lazy and won't bother hiking up the hill."

Don't make it easy or tempting for your average theiving scumbag and they'll likely move on to an easier or more tempting target.

I once had a police officer tell me about the rate of car thefts at malls around Christmas time (H-U-G-E), largely because of the volume and it's easy pickings.

Aside from generally avoiding the mall in general,if I have to go that time of year I don't leave anything interesting in plain view in the car. If I'm doing a bunch of shopping I'll throw a towel or blanket over it. And I do NOT bring the dogs despite the cool weather.

They can have the car and any other crap in it, but the prospect of them taking the car with the dogs in it makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

And if you do, expect that, just as if you were at home, there will be a chance it will get stolen - maybe less of a chance depending on where you live, but still a chance.

The bus driver parking at MK, AK, HS is located adjacent to general parking and I've parked in those lots thousands of times. I've never had any hint of a break-in and I don't know of any CM that has. So what are the chances that someone who parks there once will be broken into? Pretty slim.

we went to the Polynesian luau.

There's your first mistake.

I'm sure you were able to watch the HD video taken by one of the dozens of surveillance cameras in the parking lot?

And didn't one of the armed retired Navy seal plain clothes security CMs patrolling every square inch of WDW pursue the thieves?

If you had taken the bus, this wouldn't have happened.

I feel as a service to the Fiends, I must report that a few years ago while riding a WDW bus I was abducted by aliens. The food wasnt bad but the it didn't compensate for the probing.

I feel as a service to the Fiends, I must report that a few years ago while riding a WDW bus I was abducted by aliens. The food wasnt bad but the it didn't compensate for the probing.

I'm dropping the BS flag on this post. It couldn't have been a WDW bus because eating is not allowed on WDW buses, so this story can't possibly be true, you're busted FWG.

And although I was an alien, I'm not into probing, not that there is anything wrong with that, so it couldn't have been my bus.

There's your first mistake.

I'm sure you were able to watch the HD video taken by one of the dozens of surveillance cameras in the parking lot?

And didn't one of the armed retired Navy seal plain clothes security CMs patrolling every square inch of WDW pursue the thieves?

If you had taken the bus, this wouldn't have happened.

Since it was about 18 years ago, don't believe there was HD anything. The security said, oh yes, there were multiple break in at numerous resorts tonight. Further more it was a day trip and our last thing before headed home. The bus wasn't a good option. The staff at the poly were very nice, I asked if they would bring out a vacuum to remove all the glass. Only took them a hour to hunt one down.