CKCK 4.0-October 13-15 (Food & Wine) Trip Report-”I’m a Lazy Bum”

Okay, still on day 2.

During naps and resting (the reds resting, me napping), my wife headed out to run.

This is a new thing we do.

Running.

Weird.

I actually have not yet run at the Fort. I have meant to, but...

Lazy.

Regardless, my wife went running.

She had been wanting to hit the path to the Lodge, so she went that way and meandered (great word, isn’t it?) around and encounted some wild, ferocious, rabid animals:

8378886182_4cb5508ddb.jpg

8378886508_202667c05c.jpg

8377810849_d832b88192.jpg

Okay, maybe not ferocious or rabid, but definitely wild.

Okay, who are we kidding? Hardly wild.

I’m not sure where this was:

8377811137_783fb21534.jpg

But hello? What’s up with that?

Maybe it was left on too long like the dock lights and it exploded in a huge ball of flames.

Doubt it.

I know this has already been shown in other TR’s, but here’s my take:

8378887414_f3bc319392.jpg

8378888026_fd729b8711.jpg

On our following trip for Thanksgiving we were on this loop (1800). I was not amused.

I did hear that this is a CM, or maybe the site next door. Not sure. I do know that the site next door has bird cages.

Weird.

We love going to the stables, and are still mad that we didn’t even know about them for our first two trips to the Fort.

This horse was rocking out the Mickey butt:

8377812399_3d2a03c98c.jpg

Raise your hand if you have a similar butt...

I did not raise my hand.

While there we first noticed this:

8377812775_5408443902.jpg

Most of you will remember that this used to be here:

7370492376_bc48790597.jpg

This has probably all been discussed on here in my absence, but just indulge me for a moment.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving, and a totally different wagon showed up in there. I don’t have a pic of that one. It was still cool, but just an ornate wagon. I think it’s in one of the pictures across the stables.

I was confused. Back on a previous TR there was a discussion about the Calliope and how it used to be used in MK parades and the history of it and so forth. I had hoped they would some day use it again, but the word on the streets was that it wasn’t moving until they built the new stables.

Well, all of a sudden it was gone! We heard a CM mention that it had been sent off for refurbishment.

Score!

So all was well in the world of calliopes.

I didn’t think about it again.

Until I was watching the Orlando Citrus Parade on January 1...just hours before the Dawgs made a final statement that they should have been in the frickin Sugar Bowl and not florida !!!!!!! (Sorry TCD).

Regardless, as I’m watching the parade (before the Redcoat Band got DRENCHED in the rain), I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3lHfrG3JOs&list=PLp6B40WLRxL5aH5WiI-qArU1j41yAd3Mf

Now obviously the camerman did not know what this was and focused more on some mouse instead of the calliope.

But how cool is that? The calliope in its full glory! It's hard to tell whether or not it's playing under its own power. I hope it is, but have a feeling it is not. Either way, I was glad to see it in action again.

After that, we hit the playgrounds once more:

8378957270_fa38e45ae6.jpg

8377881479_e7b4954993.jpg

And that’s all of day 2. Not sure what we did that night. I think we may have gone back to the MK bagless, which is why there are no pics.

All I do know is that the next day we visited Epcot for F&W lunch! Lots of food pics coming up, including possibly the best pic of a GAG EVER (and it doesn’t even include a beer in the pic)!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my 4th WDW TR. The trip took place in October. It is now January. Hence the, “I’m a Lazy Bum.” In my defense, I have been absent from FF for awhile. Not because I got mad, or lost interest,

Okay, still on day 2. During naps and resting (the reds resting, me napping), my wife headed out to run. This is a new thing we do. Running. Weird. I actually have not yet run at the Fort. I ha

Day 3: Monday Okay sportsfans, here we go. Last day of the trip before we pull out in the am. That means we have a lot to accomplish. Namely, more F&W. We hit Epcot for rope drop, or at least

Until I was watching the Orlando Citrus Parade on January 1...just hours before the Dawgs made a final statement that they should have been in the frickin Sugar Bowl and not florida !!!!!!! (Sorry TCD).

You are a genius who has uncovered an AMAZING thing!

I did not know the calliope was in the Orlando Citrus parade.

I did not know there was an Orlando Citrus parade.

Thanks for sharing that clip. I had this thought all along that the calliope was going to show up somewhere on display in the new MK Storybook Circus area. Seeing it actually in use is awesome!

And, you have all the right in the world to complain about Florida going to the Sugar Bowl. Their performance there was an embarassment to the school and to the SEC.

Also, you are right about the shunken chicken. I'll bet they raised the price too.

Keep up the good work!

TCD

Dude, if you figure out how to get people to stop sucking you'll be my hero forever. Some people's lack of common sense is baffling.

At least that lady had a white thong on. I have had the great pleasure of seeing hot pink or black ones beneath (or sticking out of) white pants and shorts. Between undergarment exposure, ladies my age wearing stuff from the juniors' dept., and larger ladies wearing stuff designed for much smaller people, I wonder if anyone owns a full-length mirror anymore.

Now to do a complete 180 with the subject matter here, your "little reds" are too cute for words! However I feel for you in about 8-10 years.

I love to run at the Fort. I have a lot of trouble getting myself to do it at home but always manage to get at least one in while there. I love being there so much, and just want to be outside when we're there, no matter if it's hot, cold, whatever. Running is a great way to take it in. I don't even listen to my iPod.

It was the Mainstreet Philharmonic.

8377809125_f3d3ba144d.jpg

Except this wasn’t mainstreet. This was in front of the hall of presidents.

Something doesn’t make sense about that.

But they rocked it.

As usual.

Our last week in November we were sitting in the 2 rocking chairs right across from here just watching the World go by, when all of a sudden the Main St. Philharmonic strolled up, parked themselves in that same spot, and performed an awesome Christmas concert just for us (I'm sure it was just for us). They rocked it that day too. :)

re: waffle sandwiches

I am pro-chicken.

The ham & cheese one just didn't do it for me either. It didn't have a lot of flavor. Needed tastier ham and/or stronger cheese. A zesty mayo would have helped too.

Wow! You got the shaft with that chicken breast. I can't ever get past the Nutella waffle to try another one.

Be glad that the scantily clad woman was wearing undies! I saw a girl of about 14 wearing a black mesh shirt, with just a black bra under it at DHS.

I'm NO prude as you all know, but WTF? My 14 year old daughter would have had something on under that.

Loving your humor! Especially coming from a band geek :rofl2:

Awesome Caliope Parade video!!!!! That is cool!

You don't know how long it took me to find that dumb video. I should have been smart and hit record on my dvr during the parade. But apparently I'm not smart.

I'm enjoying reading this trip report!!! You have two cuties!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

Thanks for reading! Luckily my cuties take after their mother!

Pretty good eyes there catching the Calliope in the parade.

Nice butt shot. Thanks. :D

I'm pretty good at butt shots.

You are a genius who has uncovered an AMAZING thing!

Thanks for sharing that clip. I had this thought all along that the calliope was going to show up somewhere on display in the new MK Storybook Circus area. Seeing it actually in use is awesome!

TCD

YES!

Now my question about the calliope is: where are they keeping it?

At least that lady had a white thong on. I have had the great pleasure of seeing hot pink or black ones beneath (or sticking out of) white pants and shorts. Between undergarment exposure, ladies my age wearing stuff from the juniors' dept., and larger ladies wearing stuff designed for much smaller people, I wonder if anyone owns a full-length mirror anymore.

Now to do a complete 180 with the subject matter here, your "little reds" are too cute for words! However I feel for you in about 8-10 years.

Don't even get me started on what teenagers wear...I'm a high school teacher.

I feel bad for my daughters in about 8-10 years, because they will be wearing long pants and sleeves at all times!!!

Holy Cow! We watched some of the Orlando Citrus Bowl Parade and somehow missed the calliope! EPIC FAIL!

Kudos to you on that one! Great job! It would be cool if they used it in the Storybook Circus area.

Well, they didn't spend much time showing it on tv. Plus, when you have two sucky hosts like Ryan and Trista, what can you expect? They were terrible.

Loving this report ! You have two beautiful daughters. The photos of the waffles convinces me that I need to experience these.

Thanks!

Yes, we love the waffle sandwiches. We get them now at least once every trip.

Enjoying your TR! Your girls are beautiful! Can't wait to read and see more!

Thanks!

Our last week in November we were sitting in the 2 rocking chairs right across from here just watching the World go by, when all of a sudden the Main St. Philharmonic strolled up, parked themselves in that same spot, and performed an awesome Christmas concert just for us (I'm sure it was just for us). They rocked it that day too. :)

The sad thing was that there wasn't a very large crowd watching them.

OK, I'm think I have to run there when we go back. I always do at Topsail but haven't at the Fort. I should though, even though we walk a ton on park days. Thanks for inspiring me!

PS- love the Redcoats... Go Dawgs!!!!

Don't get carried away. I haven't run at the Fort yet, so I'm not actually inspired myself...

Go Dawgs!

Your daughters are absolutely adorable!!

I don't think I have ever seen the word calliope written. Just thought I would share that.

Thanks!

Calliope calliope calliope calliope calliope

Wow! You got the shaft with that chicken breast. I can't ever get past the Nutella waffle to try another one.

Be glad that the scantily clad woman was wearing undies! I saw a girl of about 14 wearing a black mesh shirt, with just a black bra under it at DHS.

I'm NO prude as you all know, but WTF? My 14 year old daughter would have had something on under that.

Loving your humor! Especially coming from a band geek :rofl2:

Nutella...haven't gone there yet. We keep meaning to get that for the girls but always forget.

If my girls ever tried to leave the house wearing something like that...

and I'll let the band geek thing slide since you put it in small font!

CK-

Before we move off the subject of the Citrus Parade, you mentioned that the band got drenched.

The parade was on January 1st, right?

Those of us at WDW (just a few miles west of the parade) that day were lucky- we didn't get a drop of rain that day.

TCD

Well, not all of the parade got wet. I think Redcoats just had the bad luck. They were wearing full uniforms with no ponchos and it was POURING while they were on camera.

Of course, when nebraska's band came by they were in ponchos, and no rain at all.

It makes me wonder if the WDW stuff got wet. Can't imagine dealing with a soaked character costume.

Day 3: Monday

Okay sportsfans, here we go. Last day of the trip before we pull out in the am.

That means we have a lot to accomplish.

Namely, more F&W.

We hit Epcot for rope drop, or at least close to it. I’m not sure what we did, but I can guess it was Soarin’, Nemo, etc.

Then it was food time.

Here we go:

Hawaii (not a country, but we’ll go with it)

8377881733_6a032e2df8.jpg

Pork slider somethingorother. Can’t remember it, but it was good I think.

Desserts:

8378957976_59cd67de77.jpg

Who doesn’t love desserts? All good.

Canada:

8378958184_23088522ba.jpg

Filet. Really good, but not enough of it.

8378958548_9db7d3a18e.jpg

More sausage, also from Canada.

8377882729_7be54d8353.jpg

Ice Wine. Tasted like apple juice, except wine. Too expensive and not worth it.

8377882911_eec6223d14.jpg

Cheese soup stuff. Not bad, but didn’t live up to the hype.

Greece:

8378959138_b7e37f0ffa.jpg

Cheese. With pistachios on it. And stuff. Pretty frickin good.

Japan:

8377883557_cc96709c6e.jpg

Beef somethingorother and chicken sushi.

Beef was fine...not as good as the China steamed bun thing.

It’s official. I still don’t like sushi...even if it’s chicken.

Good ol U S of A:

8378959654_6eaf52f0c5.jpg

Beer flight. Bunch of Sam Adams stuff, including chocolate beer.

Here’s the problem. It was hot. Frickin hot. We were tired, and pushing a stroller each. So we couldn’t walk and drink.

We had no food.

So here we are, trying to drink this beer quickly so the girls didn’t fry sitting in the heat. And it's hard to feel like a good parent while you're making your kids sit there and wait on you to finish your beer.

We finished the beer, but didn’t really get to enjoy it.

Germany:

8377883957_aaec71b22c.jpg

Macaroni and cheese stuff, apple strudel, and more sausage.

This is the sausage I especially have a problem with. How are you going to give me this giant sausage with this tiny pretzel roll? Booo!

Mexico:

8377884205_eb2de74173.jpg

Taco something. Pretty good. Obviously forgot the picture until the last minute.

8377884455_41c825340d.jpg

Has anyone ever seen these growing outside Mexico? They’re peppers. I thought they were super cool used as “flowers.”

Australia:

8377884717_026f472648.jpg

Lambington.

or

Lamington.

I’ve seen it both ways.

Oddly enough, it does not contain lamb.

In fact, it’s basically just coconut cake.

Which I like, but big deal.

And that’s it for Food and Wine.

But not food.

Because after a nice relaxing afternoon, we did this:

8378961078_6c21a61d93.jpg

Some of you know what I’m talking about.

It starts with a G.

And ends with a G.

With an A in the middle.

While we were waiting, we got some pics:

8377885557_09ca62b057.jpg

8378961842_e8509a1c24.jpg

And finally, what you’ve been waiting on.

Possibly the best picture of a GAG...ever.

At least in my opinion.

8378962220_ac6a1e226c.jpg

After dinner we headed back to the MK, so we have just one more installment of this TR left!

Well, they didn't spend much time showing it on tv. Plus, when you have two sucky hosts like Ryan and Trista, what can you expect? They were terrible.

Agreed. Geez. I'll be nice and make no further comment on that.

Possibly the best picture of a GAG...ever.

At least in my opinion.

8378962220_ac6a1e226c.jpg

After dinner we headed back to the MK, so we have just one more installment of this TR left!

Amen! I second that! That is GAG photo Awesomeness at it's best. :)

Oh no! Don't tell me it's almost over!!!!

The filet in Canada was my favorite F&W sample, and I'm not a big meat eater!

Love the GAG photo, the chicken was as big as her little head.

My favorite is the those two on the barrel. Love your daughters cowboy boots! :clint:

The "make our children wait so we can finish our beer" comment was fantastic. Enjoying your report. F&W is one of my most fav things at Disney. This year that was the main reason we renewed our passes.

That's why the rest rooms are air conditioned. Out of the sun, a place to rest, finish your beer, Clean up...

But ever try drinking beer in front of a mirror, you get this overwhelping sense of guilt. And I have no idea why!

We had our first GAG on this trip. I'll forfiet another night of hot dogs for that forever in our Fort trips. Now a staple.