Hi guys.

As a new Fiend, with March reservations, I'll jump right in with a question.

We want to use a bag of some sort to bring sandwiches and bottled water into MK.

I was thinking a sling bag would be comfortable to carry but I haven't been able to find

a cooler bag like that.

What bag do you find works best for food, drinks, snacks to carry in and around Magic Kingdom?

Welcome!!!!!!!!! Good for you for jumping right in!

Will you be pushing a stroller? We use one with under storage, so we just put a soft sided cooler under it.

If no stroller, I'd use a back pack because they're more comfortable. You can probably put 2 of those lunch size coolers in it if you can't find an insulated one. Or, you can rent a locker, but that ties you down to where you'll be at lunch or when you want drinks.

quick link to something similar that we use:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Realtree-Backpack-Cooler/16606380

Igloo makes non camo colors.

We use for mostly races, but used in September for the parks. We enjoyed a couple of bottles of water, and our rain jackets at the bottom of the pack. Has nice side pockets to hold the small things.

We also have a carabener (sp?) on the handle to clip bags too.

The only draw back to this cooler we have found, is it does not breath. So the person carrying it, will experience a sweaty back. However, we didn't have that problem since it was on and off for rides and water consumption.

Find the bag that works for you and put a cooler bag inside.

We like a backpack style when we hit the parks.

And try this link.

http://loop3000.com/fortfiends/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=98b67d4fac507e7da66b7237293b72e6&keyword=backpack

I have found several bags that I have purchased from people that sell the 31 bags to be of great use. Several fiends sell them. If you post on the buy and sell board you will find them quickly.

And like Mo said, the points came with the software. If you actually get points, you really are doing something wrong. We are a self moderated board here. The membership will say something most times before we get involved. That is the beauty of it. This is why we get along here so well.

We all misbehave together. Lol

Both look good, I would just keep a watch on the weight of the bag empty knowing you will be adding a good bit of weight to it. I always carry a backpack that is basically weightless to start with but have never needed it to be a cooler type product. I am interesting in finding out what you chose and how it worked when you get back. We usually just take a water bottle and granola bars. I have too many memories of hauling bottles, formula, and baby food when my boys were babies. That bag got really heavy when we were between stroller times!

Welcome.

We use a backpack. I found one that's comfortable for me. I like the ones with the strap across the front that pulls the shoulder straps together. We use our old baby bottle soft side "ice chest". It holds frozen bottles of water that we use to keep food and water bottles cold and when we are done drinking the cold bottles of water the frozen ones are defrosted n still cold. And as shinysparklybubblesbeckers said all counter service restaurants have free ice water. Just ask for it. It can save you a bunch of money compared to buying bottles of water.

We have used a messenger bag as our diaper/park bag for years. We love it. I purposefully chose one with a lap top section because that extra padding works great for insulation, keeping our frozen collapsible water bottles and yogurt sticks cold. It absorbs any sweating from the water bottles. The sling is nice for getting on and off rides and goes really nicely on the double umbrella stroller we use

Not to highjack but what food/beverage items can you bring inside the park? We just went to Sea World San Antonio and they would let you bring in beverages that were not sealed...so like containers of water/juice or whatever and as far as food you could only bring in snack/single service type stuff. I found it odd...but at the same time I figured it's was to get people to buy food and drink from them.

With two little girls we always bring stuff like water, snacks, and sun sceen. We do roll with one stroller which is nice because there is enough room to put a little cooler or whatever under the seat.

Is there a size limit? I'm guessing they say nonrolling to limit the size to something that can be carried. We have several of those little soft sided coolers that could hold say a six pack or a little more. Pretty much the perfect thing for a day trip. Are there plenty of picnic places within the theme parks? I'm guessing we would normally cook or pack most of our meals during our stay but but for sure go out to eat some too.

I brought a lot of food into MK. Here is the list:

Cheddar Cheese Slices

Apples

Grapes

Granola Bars

Bologna and Cheese sandwiches

carrots

pretzels

clifBars

Vitamin Waters

Trail Mix

Refried beans

Small bags of Fritos

Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Multiply everything by 8, as that is how many I was feeding. :)