For all the resources Disney has, computer tech is not good for any of their sites. They should have the best but it's always been slow. They have good ideas but they need to hire good tech gurus.

I've always had the feeling the computer systems at Disney were developed as a class project for the local technical school.

As far as I know the system is the same, but the reservation site has been reconfigured to match the main WDW web site.

I have access to the previous site and tried both side by side at the same time and didn't notice a speed difference between the two but it may be my computer.

I've always thought that the old site was not as advanced as it should have been, so I like the new site in that it has more info, has a bolder design, and easier to navigate to other areas. I give it thumbs up........for now.

Call 407-wdw-info and make your reservation there and you can use a AAA discount

Thanks for reminding me that I need to call and see if there's on available for our October trip!

For all the resources Disney has, computer tech is not good for any of their sites. They should have the best but it's always been slow. They have good ideas but they need to hire good tech gurus.

They also have a knack for releasing a new version of the site before a lot of the bugs are worked out. Like, a lot. Usually things get better pretty quickly.

I've always thought that the old site was not as advanced as it should have been, so I like the new site in that it has more info, has a bolder design, and easier to navigate to other areas. I give it thumbs up........for now.

I do like the new format. Haven't used it a lot yet, but you don't seem to have to dig so much to find information now, which is a big plus.

Going to reserve judgement until I actually try and DO something on it (like reservations).

I don't have AAA though.

A thought...

Call and see if a AAA is available. If it is, it might actually be worth the membership to get it, especially if you think you can use the benefits of the membership anyway. They don't ask for your AAA when you call, so you don't need to have it in your hand. They're just supposed to confirm it when you actually check in.

Also if you have an AP (or again, will when you check in) you can see if any discounts are available for those either.

I don't think the current room-only discount applies to campsites, but someone please correct me on that if I'm wrong.

I actually have Good Sam Towing, Good Sam discount AND a single AAA membership. The AAA membership is less than 50 a year depending on state. I have saved WAAAY more than the 50 per year on Disney reservations, and the occasional hotel. I even sometimes use the AAA rate for work trips as it is sometimes less than the government per diem rate. Allows me to stay in nicer hotels on the company dime. AAA also gets you 20% off at Earl of Sandwhich!!!

I actually have Good Sam Towing, Good Sam discount AND a single AAA membership. The AAA membership is less than 50 a year depending on state. I have saved WAAAY more than the 50 per year on Disney reservations, and the occasional hotel. I even sometimes use the AAA rate for work trips as it is sometimes less than the government per diem rate. Allows me to stay in nicer hotels on the company dime. AAA also gets you 20% off at Earl of Sandwhich!!!

And don't forget that if you have a flat or need a jump, AAA will come and take care of that for you. We added our daughter who is away at college to our membership, and she has used the service a couple of times. That peace of mind is more than worth the annual cost.

TCD

And don't forget that if you have a flat or need a jump, AAA will come and take care of that for you. We added our daughter who is away at college to our membership, and she has used the service a couple of times. That peace of mind is more than worth the annual cost.

TCD

That's what I use Good Sam towing for. The combination of Good Sam towing for all of our cars and the camper plus a single AAA was less than AAA RV Plus for everyone and offered better nationwide coverage. (AAA RV Plus is not good in all states for taking care of the camper)

Another thing to keep in mind for future reservations is that AAA discounts are usually released in August or September for the following year and the number of sites are limited. If I remember correctly, the 2013 AAA discounts were released in August 2012. This is good for people who plan their trips well in advance but not so good for last minute trips.

Keep calling to check on a discount especially once your dates are closer... someone who has an AAA discount may need to cancel their reservation. I've had luck with this before.

TCD

AAA has saved us numerous times! We actually upgraded to the next level of service (about $120/year) and feel we definitely get our money's worth.

Somehow we usually require a tow for something once a year, and what we'd pay out of pocket for that alone more than justifies the membership cost.

Also if you plan to go over to Universal Orlando, they offer quite a few AAA discounts, including on multi-day tickets.