I've been reading these boards for a few months since we started planning our trip. We camped once at FW 8 years ago and we've been wanting to go back for several years (been to Disney since then, just not camping), but it just hasn't worked out - until this summer. We've booked a two week (YEAH!) trip for May 25-June 9 through Disney. I've been searching for discounts but so far no luck. Is there any hope of Disney releasing a discount? What about AAA? We're not members but I would join if I could get a better price on our trip. We're going regardless, but we have 4 children, so every dollar matters.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Some folks have reported getting AAA discounts on campsites recently. It seems that's been the best discount available for a while now - better than some of the room only discounts Disney has put out (some of which aren't even valid for campsites).

Possible another room only discount will come out for campsites, but given these have been limited and not much of a discount, you may have better luck with AAA.

Other occasional discounts include AP holders, DVC and Chase Disney Visa.

Oh and WELCOME!!

Welcome.

Since you are arriving on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, I doubt there will be discounts offered.

The best way to find a discount is to use a travel agent. They have access to stuff that normal customers don't when calling Disney or looking on-line.

Travel agents get paid a commission by Disney, so it costs you nothing to use one.

There are some good ones who are used by many Fiends, and one, Judy Feist, who advertises on this site. Give Judy a call. If she can't find you a discount, nobody can.

TCD

AAA discounts are sporadic. It seems they have been a little more liberal with them this year, though. The discount is 20% off the campsite, which can add up to quite a savings over the course of a week or two. It's always worth asking. Disney will not offer the information unless they are asked, so call back and ask the CM if there is a AAA discount available for your time.

Thanks for all the quick replies! I've got a call in to AAA to get a quote, so we'll see... I've never booked a Disney trip through a travel agent, but I'm also going to check with Judy to see if she can get me a better rate. I've run the numbers and really tried to get an AP to work, but unless circumstances change (e.g. we book another trip within the year) it doesn't seem to be cost effective. I'm doing the EE challenge with DD in May but we're only staying for the weekend, so the AP discount doesn't help much there.

I'm really hoping AAA will come back with a discount. Sounds like there's at least a possibility of that.

We just snagged a AAA discount starting the week after Easter. Saved a little over $240 over the course of the week. Never hurts to ask and see if it is available! The CM I talked to on the Disney reservation line was pretty surprised there was a discount available since that is the start of their regular season.

AAA membership in WI was $60.

Make sure when they do apply a discount, that it is for the type of campsite you are wanting. They have different discounts for different type campsites at different times. I had one CM try to put me into a discounted partial hookup once. If there is no discount available, keep checking back every 2weeks and even up to the day of check in.

Thanks to you guys yesterday I called Disney and got a AAA discount that is saving us over $300 on a preferred site! I was so excited. I didn't ask the CM to price out different types of sites, but I may call back today just to see if there's a better discount on a premium than on the preferred. What's kind of funny is that I first checked with the local AAA office and got a quote of around $150 savings for the exact same dates. Not sure why the quotes were different.

Do they ask for your AAA account number at the time you book or do they make you show it to them when you get there?

Both.