Cool!

It's interesting that this, even though it is being marketed as sort of a spin-off of Cars, is not produced by Pixar. Although it was produced by John Lasseter. And it was originally going to be released direct to DVD but now will have a theatrical release. I guess they think it's good enough for theaters...will certainly make more money that way.

I love a good pun.

After watching it a few times, I know, I should be doing something else, I think it could be a really cute movie. I am more interested in this one than I was Cars.

A Planesland in WDW would not compete with Carsland in CA.

• 5 weeks later...

Lasseter's official title is "Chief Creative Officer, Pixar and Disney", so he is very involved in many other areas besides Pixar.

He's the Principal Creative Advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering, is involved with the theme parks, and creative officer for Walt Disney Animation Studios.

With all that responsibilty, what's somewhat strange is that the organizational chart shows that only 3 people report directly to him, and they're all non DIsney employees.

I don't think Planes can be anywhere near as good as a Pixar production considering the small budgets that DisneyToon Studio's movies have had in the past. It's highest budget for a movie to date was 30 million dollars. Pixar movies are in the 200 million dollar range. That's a huge difference and that difference has to show up on the screen.

Plus the fact that it was originally supposed to go directly to DVD shows that they must have had some reservations.

I'm sure the kids will like it, but CG animation critics will probably not be impressed. They still don't think that Cars was that good.