8AM ADR conundrum! (R.Table v/s Tusker/Ohana)

I've been hearing how amazing it is to get that 8AM reservation at Royal Table.  You know, the ambiance of walking on Main St while it's relatively empty, then coming out of breakfast to a still relatively empty MK..  

But I'd kind of rather have breakfast at Tusker (Which I've also been told is a nice, relativity empty "after breakfast" experience) or Ohana.  It's cheaper, and I've heard good things about both of them.  Is that 8AM Royal table experience worth the extra money & hype?

My boys are 9 & 12, and we only have 5 park days.

Thoughts?

Tusker is the best food of all 3, and you have to eat fast to get back out in time for rope drop under the castle (I think they still actually have a rope there). It's a lot of $ to get the experience of being in before anyone else.

You mean to get to Castle rope drop after eating at Tusker?  I was thinking the 8AM Tusker breakfast would let you out into a still uncrowded AK too..

Check out Aaron's TR. He took his family to the castle for the princess experience. It appears that he felt the experience for his kids was worth it, but the food sucked and they were hungry afterwards.

You mean to get to Castle rope drop after eating at Tusker? I was thinking the 8AM Tusker breakfast would let you out into a still uncrowded AK too..

No I was comparing the 2 experiences making the assumption you were considering CRT only for the experience of being in the MK before it opens.

I would chose Tusker over CRT in a heartbeat because if you get the 8am breakfast at CRT it's expensive for food that isn't as good as Tusker and you have to rush to get back out to have the "we're the only ones here experience" at the MK. Where as at AK you're not going for that experience so you eat at a normal pace and still walk onto the safari for one of the first trips of the day.

Make sense?

First, make sure the parks don't open before 9 when you go. I know people get upset when they have that 8 AM ADR, and they move park opening to 8. I had a good experience for breakfast at CRT. The food wasn't awesome, but it was pretty good, and the kids loved it. It's really expensive though. I wouldn't do it just to walk down Main Street before opening. We actually got one of the last breakfast seatings, and it was like a brunch for us, so that helped justify the cost since it replaced 2 meals.

Have you thought about the Crystal Palace?  The buffet breakfast is very good, and with early ADRs you will get onto Main Street as quickly as those with ADRs for CRT.  We did that a couple of trips ago and I got some awesome pictures.

Check out Aaron's TR. He took his family to the castle for the princess experience. It appears that he felt the experience for his kids was worth it, but the food sucked and they were hungry afterwards.

Will do- this is exactly what I was afraid of.

Makes perfect sense!

I wouldn't do it just to walk down Main Street before opening. 

:thumbsup2:

For boys I wouldn't do CRT...

Thanks! Do you have boys?

Have you thought about the Crystal Palace?  The buffet breakfast is very good, and with early ADRs you will get onto Main Street as quickly as those with ADRs for CRT.  We did that a couple of trips ago and I got some awesome pictures.

I have actually thought about it!  I can't remember why I took it off my list. I have have to revisit that. Hmm...

THANKS EVERYONE!!

I have a 10 year old boy.  He would be embarrassed the entire breakfast.

I think the park hours are over 6 months but they might change them occasionally.  I use the touringplans app and they do have hours and crowd levels on their website.  They allow you to track days so if something changes they will let you know.