GaDawgFan's Live Trip Report!!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The same argument could be used for a lot of things that upset us. For example "they are just a few barges with some lights and music, not worth getting all upset over"

Z got some major Disney magic this morning for his birthday from Dave (Devores), but all you get is a tease until the real trip report. Unless you're Lou or TCD.... One helped and the other came to v

Bam!

5104FA8E-4B7C-432D-A511-350787C91E5A-682

A-DORABLE!

Dave Devore, TCD, and me, the Fiend Trifecta from hell.

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

1. The scooter has arrived.

2. Jason is having a fun time making fun of himself.

3. He's learned how to drive it on 2 wheels.

4. I reminded him that we don't need multiple surgeries.

1. Good.

2. Excellent

3. Uh oh.

4. OY!!

That stinks! Why did they not have the boats going? That is unacceptable on a busy day. You are paying top dollar to stay in a Disney resort, and EMH's are one of the few perks you get. At this point, you need to make the best of it, but I would stop by city hall later and make a complaint. Also at the front desk of the Fort.

Don't let this setback ruin your day. Get in the park and go!

TCD

Ugh!  I would be feeling stress at the beginning too having my plans get messed up this way.  Hopefully you recovered from quicker than I would have done so in your shoes and you are having a great time.

Ugh!!! They didn't run boats this morning so we missed RD for EMH. We've always driven in the morning and should have done that. So, it looks like I won't be making my huge list. :(

Oh no!

The only time we've seen no boats was this trip the afternoon the tornado blew in because the wind was so bad.

Oh no!

The only time we've seen no boats was this trip the afternoon the tornado blew in because the wind was so bad.

That I understand.

But it is Chamber of Commerce weather at WDW today.

For what it costs to stay at the Fort and take your family to a park, it is unacceptable that they didn't provide transportation to get FW guests to the opening show at the MK.  If there was some unforseen problem with the boats, get some darned buses there and bus everyone who got up early to hit rope drop.

Since we visit frequently, it wouldn't be a big deal to me.  But for someone who has been planning all year for this one day, I would absolutely be asking the idiots in charge to make this right.

TCD

The thing that makes me mad is that they should have posted a CM at the boat telling people the situation. A boat finally came at almost 7 and told us that the boats weren't running because of fog. (But one ran to tell us that?) They suggested catching a bus at that point, but we just decided to drive. Then, the monorail had to do testing, so we ended up walking into the MK just before 8. I dropped ETwB (the thing I was most excited about, ugh!) and continued our plan. It still worked pretty well. Oh, then Space Mountain went down, so we have to use our pass for that later today. They gave us an EVC return time pass, kind of like a fast pass. Anyway, despite all the issues, we had a good time. We're at the RV now taking a break. Here's what we did this morning:

FP PP

JOLM 8:04

Ariel 8:20

PP 8:35

BTMRR

Carpets

Pirates 9:20

Dole Whip! :)

FPV Buzz

EVC pass Space

People Mover

Monsters 10:45

Buzz

High winds, lots of rain, but no actual tornado.

For what it costs to stay at the Fort and take your family to a park, it is unacceptable that they didn't provide transportation to get FW guests to the opening show at the MK.  If there was some unforseen problem with the boats, get some darned buses there and bus everyone who got up early to hit rope drop.

They run what is called the Blue Route buses whenever the boats can't operate, and they did that morning as well, but it takes time to evaluate the situation in order to decide if the fog is going to last or not. Then they have to find the buses and that was a major issue that morning as there were no spare buses anywhere on WDW property. Once they find the buses, it takes time to bring them to the Fort to start the cycle.

It doesn't sound like they communicated what was going on with the guests very well.

What?

The site (which has been working weird lately if it works at all) says you made this post at 1:29 pm.

How did Mr. GDF complete a Grande Slam in the morning?

TCD

He just walked into the castle and said he knew TCD. JK, it was last night. Not sure about the time stamp.

Yesterday was awesome despite the issues. The only thing I really wanted to do and didn't was Belle. There's always next time, right?

You know something else I want to do? Meet Dave Devores. He's as elusive as the other Dave's girlfriend.

We went to Downtown Disney today. The plan was to ride to Characters in Flight balloon, eat at T-Rex, and visit Goofy's Candy Company. The balloon was closed because of wind. Bummer on that, but the rest of the visit was fun. Z enjoyed making his own creation.

C8C93DF1-2B96-4EA9-B025-1FD8918761AB-125

7D3C0479-8A2E-4F2B-BABE-C1F84DEE1DE3-125

99E79607-332F-4671-B3C6-4FFBC377A8C8-125

Boat problem definitely SMB. I would have been PO'd the whole day, but you seemed to handle it very gracefully. 

I was pretty mad that morning. 

PO'd and mad, hey you two knuckleheads, snap out of it, it's only an amusement park. It's not worth getting aggravated about.