A few pics from this week

We were at the Fort Monday and Tuesday night. Magic Kingdom on Tuesday.

Here are a few pics:

campWDW.jpg

DS and SWMBO at our campsite, 2065

Castle.jpg

Obligatory Castle shot

crowd.jpg

Main Street

tink.jpg

DS meeting Tinkerbell. He didn't buy it because he thought she would be So much smaller.

SmallWorld.jpg

Is this a Hidden Fiend at Its a Small World?

ghost.jpg

Haunted Mansion

ChipNdale.jpg

Chip N Dale

octopus.jpg

!st time we'd seen the Light Show on the lake.

pool.jpg

DS in the Meadows Pool

We had a great time at the Fort. Too bad we could only be there a couple days for this trip. Planning to go back at the end of September.

Great pics! 

I'm sure Lou will want his own picture of the octopus.

Does any one besides me think it looks like Tink is still wearing her house slippers??

I was surprised they have a Tinker Bell meet and greet. She is supposed to be tiny! Glad you had a good time!

When you meet the fairies you are shrunk down to their size so you can meet them in their world.

tink.jpg

DS meeting Tinkerbell. He didn't buy it because he thought she would be So much smaller.

I was surprised they have a Tinker Bell meet and greet. She is supposed to be tiny! Glad you had a good time!

When you meet the fairies you are shrunk down to their size so you can meet them in their world.

Devores is right- you should have pointed out the upside down tea cup there to your DS.  I'm surprised with the incredible theming they have in that old restaurant you didn't catch the fact that you were shrinking.  J/K- that is something with which they could do a much better job.

Thanks for sharing the photos, Onadraw- it looks like you had a great time!

TCD

I will say that Tink was really good at playing her part though. My son is Very shy about meeting new people/characters. He wouldn't go anywhere near Micky/Minnie but Tink walked right up to him, took his hand and started talking to him in character. He actually did like this meeting very much even though he didn't understand why she was so tall.

I will say that Tink was really good at playing her part though. My son is Very shy about meeting new people/characters. He wouldn't go anywhere near Micky/Minnie but Tink walked right up to him, took his hand and started talking to him in character. He actually did like this meeting very much even though he didn't understand why she was so tall.

Do you think she will be that friendly with a 56 year old kid?

Devores is right- you should have pointed out the upside down tea cup there to your DS.  I'm surprised with the incredible theming they have in that old restaurant you didn't catch the fact that you were shrinking.  J/K- that is something with which they could do a much better job.

Thanks for sharing the photos, Onadraw- it looks like you had a great time!

TCD

When they first introduced Tink as a meet and greet, they did a great job of actually shrinking you.  The group that was to meet them next went into a room together behind a closed door where they shrunk everyone together at the same time and then you went into Pixie Hollow the size of a fairy. 

The old meet and greet was at the Toon Town Fair building and when you walked back around out the long winding hallway you were told that you would slowly grow back to your normal size so that by the time you entered the gift shop everyone in your party would be normal again.

Now no one says anything to you at all.  There is a sparkle of pixie dust now on the entrance way that is supposed to be what shrinks you.  When they first moved over to the restaurant you stood behind the "blueberry line" (blue tiles in the floor right before the entrance to the meet and greet area) and then you were told that when you stepped around the corner through the pixie dust and into Pixie Hollow you would be shrunk down to Tink's size.

The last few times we have been there the only thing that remains of that story is STAY BEHIND THE BLUEBERRY LINE!

It's a shame. Words don't cost any money and telling the story would increase the attraction, but they didn't ask me.

When they first introduced Tink as a meet and greet, they did a great job of actually shrinking you.  The group that was to meet them next went into a room together behind a closed door where they shrunk everyone together at the same time and then you went into Pixie Hollow the size of a fairy. 

The old meet and greet was at the Toon Town Fair building and when you walked back around out the long winding hallway you were told that you would slowly grow back to your normal size so that by the time you entered the gift shop everyone in your party would be normal again.

Now no one says anything to you at all.  There is a sparkle of pixie dust now on the entrance way that is supposed to be what shrinks you.  When they first moved over to the restaurant you stood behind the "blueberry line" (blue tiles in the floor right before the entrance to the meet and greet area) and then you were told that when you stepped around the corner through the pixie dust and into Pixie Hollow you would be shrunk down to Tink's size.

The last few times we have been there the only thing that remains of that story is STAY BEHIND THE BLUEBERRY LINE!

It's a shame. Words don't cost any money and telling the story would increase the attraction, but they didn't ask me.

I spent a lot of time in that old Toontown Fair line.  But, I was lucky that the TCD girls had a few years where they thought meeting characters was uncool and a waste of time, and I was able to never have to visit the original Pixie Hollow.

We have been to the new place to see them a couple of times.  I never heard of the Bluebery Line, and nobody told me that we were shrinking.  I never noticed the strobe lights.  It's probably for the best, I most likely would have gotten out of line.  I wouldn't trust the shrinking/unshrinking technology.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...