It's A BuckeyeFortFamily Spring Break 'EGG'stravaganza!!

So let me get this straight. You're saying that Orlando, my home and workplace for over 20 years, SMB, because you encountered heavy traffic during spring break which happens to be one of the busiest times of the year at the #1 vacation destination in the world. Who would have thunk it?

And Orlando SMB, because it was raining. Can we say, join in Annie, "I'm not in Camelot, I'm not in Camelot".

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March 28, 2013 continued   We have a date with a person we have tried numerous times to connect with, but now it’s finally happening.   Backstory-I grew up on a Clydesdale breeding farm in Ohio.  I h

The horses all work 3 days and then get time off. He showed us the paddock that they get turned out in when they are done working on a typical work day.   Then we talked about the barn itself.   They

I'm glad I finally got a chance to read your report!

Excellent.

As usual.

Love the barn!  That's pretty awesome that you have the trailer right there to pack before you head south.

I didn't know about Hiram!

I didn't know the BFF Family were boxer people.

Now, I really need to meet you.

I know Hiram got to go to Grandpa's but he still looks like he wanted to go with y'all to the Fort.

I love the comment about wishing you could bottle the anticipation you feel driving through the MK booths.  So true.

Love the deer welcoming committee.

BFF is the man!

He gets you there.  Pulls into the difficult space with no problem, and then takes the family to the Hoop Dee Doo!

Weird how empty the HDDR was on spring break.

Maybe they could lower the price or offer a discount to Fort guests?  Wouldn't that be better than empty seats?

That's all I got.

Time for you to post some more.

TCD

Yipeee!!!!!!!!!!! We made it.

Isn't that exactly how we all feel when we get there???  So much fun!

I love how your GAG blossomed!  That is the way to go with the flow.

Blossomed it did.

$-----> $$$$$$$

But it was fun and worth the extra $$$$.

Loving your report so far! Wish I was there myself!! :jumpforjoy

It's already been so long since our trip I wish I was there too, but I am sure you completely understand that "Fort Wilderness Withdraw."

The GAG-Blossom!!!

Love it.

Looking forward to more!

A new term? The GAG-Blossom!

But honestly who is crazy enough to grow a GAG to a HDDR besides the BuckeyeFortFamily?

Great update!

Love that you got some Disney magic on night 1.

We really need to do the HDDR on the next trip. I'm the only one that's ever been.

You do need to try it and we'll try the MBYBBQ and then we can trade notes next spring break (if we aren't in Gettysburg).

Hey, we were there at the same time! I remember that rain.

I really like your tow vehicle. I keep telling myself that I don't need a new one, but I think I may be losing that argument!

I know that part of WV well. We travel through there when we go to Snowshoe. Those are some steep grades through there. I bet that 6.7 just eats them up!

I know what you mean by anarchy. My kids practically crawl out of the windows as soon as we turn into the Fort.

I know we only overlapped a night I think.  So we weren't able to come track you down.

I'm sure my husband did a Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunt when he read that you "liked his tow vehicle."

We have worked up to that one.  It's our 3rd truck and 3rd camper.  They both just keep getting bigger. I must say though in our F-350 with this huge fifth wheel we finally have a super nice ride (even in the 'hills' of West Virginia).

So glad to hear it's not just my kids that try to fall out of the truck at check in!

So let me get this straight. You're saying that Orlando, my home and workplace for over 20 years, SMB, because you encountered heavy traffic during spring break which happens to be one of the busiest times of the year at the #1 vacation destination in the world. Who would have thunk it?

And Orlando SMB, because it was raining. Can we say, join in Annie, "I'm not in Camelot, I'm not in Camelot".

Lou, can I just say I love your comments?

Wow... You're husband must be a secret brother in law of mine...  I thought my wife is the only person that can take a GAG and turn it into tickets for Hoop... :rofl2:

This is good.  For once it wasn't my fault!!!

I'm not in Camelot?  Dang, I really wanted to meet Merlin.

What is this Camelot you speak of? Is it in a Disney movie?

I'm glad I finally got a chance to read your report!

Excellent.

As usual.

Love the barn!  That's pretty awesome that you have the trailer right there to pack before you head south.

I didn't know about Hiram!

I didn't know the BFF Family were boxer people.

Now, I really need to meet you.

I know Hiram got to go to Grandpa's but he still looks like he wanted to go with y'all to the Fort.

I love the comment about wishing you could bottle the anticipation you feel driving through the MK booths.  So true.

Love the deer welcoming committee.

BFF is the man!

He gets you there.  Pulls into the difficult space with no problem, and then takes the family to the Hoop Dee Doo!

Weird how empty the HDDR was on spring break.

Maybe they could lower the price or offer a discount to Fort guests?  Wouldn't that be better than empty seats?

That's all I got.

Time for you to post some more.

TCD

Ok, where to start. It is time for more I agree, but I was waiting for you to catch up before I posted more ;).

Seriously though Murphy's law keeps getting me.  When I have time to post the next update (from the longest day ever) I can't get the website to work for me and when I have time to just pop on for a minute it pulls right up. So, I'll keep trying and will get that EPCOT morning up shortly.

Thank you for the compliments (both mine and BFF). I can not lie, the barn is awesome. It makes camping prep so much nicer. Rain or snow doesn't impact my packing at all anymore! And I live in OHIO we get alot of rain and snow.

We are boxer people through and through.  We are also Clydesdale people and I will get to that later in my trip report.

MARK MY WORDS (because my husband claims I will never admit it).

BuckeyeFortFan is THE MAN!

He drives the WHOLE way.  I never drove even the little Coachman or the medium sized Jayco, so there is no hope for me driving this monster. And he does it with a smile.  I just gotta love him.

Then when we arrive anywhere he can park that monster anywhere! He will at the drop of a hat try to help someone else back their's in if need be. He's a great guy and I don't say it enough.

That ought to win me some brownie points.

Ok, is that everything?

No wait, I totally agree a discount to the campers would fill up that empty theatre for sure!

Loving your report. Can't wait for the next update.

The next one is the longest of the trip but there was so much new to report on I couldn't help myself.

Enjoying your TR!  Hope to read more soon!

I am hoping to post today.

Ok, where to start. It is time for more I agree, but I was waiting for you to catch up before I posted more ;).

Seriously though Murphy's law keeps getting me.  When I have time to post the next update (from the longest day ever) I can't get the website to work for me and when I have time to just pop on for a minute it pulls right up. So, I'll keep trying and will get that EPCOT morning up shortly.

Thank you for the compliments (both mine and BFF). I can not lie, the barn is awesome. It makes camping prep so much nicer. Rain or snow doesn't impact my packing at all anymore! And I live in OHIO we get alot of rain and snow.

We are boxer people through and through.  We are also Clydesdale people and I will get to that later in my trip report.

MARK MY WORDS (because my husband claims I will never admit it).

BuckeyeFortFan is THE MAN!

He drives the WHOLE way.  I never drove even the little Coachman or the medium sized Jayco, so there is no hope for me driving this monster. And he does it with a smile.  I just gotta love him.

Then when we arrive anywhere he can park that monster anywhere! He will at the drop of a hat try to help someone else back their's in if need be. He's a great guy and I don't say it enough.

That ought to win me some brownie points.

OK, BFF, you're busted!

You're logged in as BFM, aren't you?

TCD

No, I am at work and just popped on for a second.  She is supposed to be cleaning the house since we are refinancing and the appraiser is coming Friday....so she is the one who is busted!  GET TO WORK BFM!

Totally busted.

Hey Babe, come on it was a just a few comments not a whole new post. 

Add to that I spoke so highly of you and that should totally make up for my cleaning break.

:heartsmiley:

No, I am at work and just popped on for a second.  She is supposed to be cleaning the house since we are refinancing and the appraiser is coming Friday....so she is the one who is busted!  GET TO WORK BFM!

Totally busted.

Hey Babe, come on it was a just a few comments not a whole new post. 

Add to that I spoke so highly of you and that should totally make up for my cleaning break.

:heartsmiley:

:rofl2:

:rofl2:

I giggled myself at my husband catching me.  Glad you shared in that moment.

I vote update over cleaning!

I tried to. I even put off cleaning the upstairs tonight, but I kept getting the driver error. 

Uh-oh.

Looks like trouble in paradise.

TCD

Are you crazy? I'm a catch.

I actually write the trip reports. He needs me!

One look at the barn and the appraiser is going away muttering...   I need a building like that.. yada yada yada...  heck you're golden !

You're so right. I'll make sure we start up there when the guy gets here.

Hmm, now you have me wondering if you mean it or if you're being Snarky, which is a good thing. It's a win, win for me.

Perfect.

I agree.

Less cleaning.

More updating.

:)

Here's hoping tomorrow I can pull off getting an update in before the driver error.

I type in Word and then paste it into here. That way it's ready when the site comes back up.

If you dont have word, you can also type it into the body of an email and save it as a draft.

Then you can go back and cut/paste later.

How do you handle your pictures then? I am currently typing the body in word but using the Image icon in the reply box to enter my pictures.

Do you guys just use a hyperlink in word?  If I can figure that out then I would be golden I have a few days written already in word.

I copy and paste the img code link into Word and remove the hyperlink (make it regular text vs. blue). Make sense? I never use the image icon above the text box.

Kelly, that makes perfect sense. I have tried making it the hyperlink and it never worked.

Thank you so much. I can't wait to try it.