It's A BuckeyeFortFamily Spring Break 'EGG'stravaganza!!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March 28, 2013 continued   We have a date with a person we have tried numerous times to connect with, but now it’s finally happening.   Backstory-I grew up on a Clydesdale breeding farm in Ohio.  I h

The horses all work 3 days and then get time off. He showed us the paddock that they get turned out in when they are done working on a typical work day.   Then we talked about the barn itself.   They

That BOG lunch food looks great!  I LOVE french onion soup.  I would definitely get that.  I've seen pics of a turkey sammich on baguette that looks good, but that ham and cheese looks very tasty too.  Darn, now I'm hungry...

I am sorry and I will apologize now for the great pictures to come.  We went back to try other things later in the trip.

These TR always make me hungry.  BOG for lunch is definitely on my list for our next trip.

Oh my goodness yes! This place just rocks for lunch (especially compared to Pecos Bill or Cosmic Rays). 

Great update!

I'm glad you chose to have lunch at BOG- it's our favorite place for lunch anywhere in WDW.

I can't wait to hear what you did after lunch.

TCD

It was a fun and interesting day all the way around.

In fact this is THE DAY that becomes infamous in BuckeyeFortFamily vacation lore, but hopefully I get to that tonight after the kids go to bed.

Come to think of it we had a couple days that go down in our vacation history book as never to be forgotten.

This trip is barely started. I better get to work.

March 24, 2013 cont.

It's mid-day and we have just finished lunch at Be Our Guest.

We have been running these kids hard since 6am this morning and I was catching a little flack via this forum on this very day for not letting my kids have a nice vacation.  So I asked them if they felt we were too tough on them on vacation. 

They said they loved our vacations and wouldn't want to do it any other way.  We'd miss the opening show if we slept in.  So true!

I took this picture to upload to that discussion on the fly as an example of kids who love rope drop, but I never could get it on from my smart phone.

But this one is for you Lou... They are having a ball still after being up nearly 7 hours and it's not even 1pm.

photobucket-47181-1364155292205_zps718a0

So where to after lunch?

We asked the kids what they wanted to do and if you know MK well you probably already guessed it.

Long live the peoplemover!!!!

12-30-12408_zps9752ec2e.jpg

We talked about heading out while we floated along above tomorrowland, but had one more stop to make on our way out.

Here's the boys just hanging out on main street.

12-30-12413_zps4b7f8189.jpg

12-30-12416_zpsa940994c.jpg

Now we don't typically let them grow surfer dude hair, but the 3yr old who is not so excited about haircuts a month before our trip asked if we could wait until Disney. 

Now I am a Disney mom through and through and felt that I should totally honor that request.  In fact when BFK3 was 3 he had every hair cut that year at Disney (just the way it worked out-his hair grew slow and we went every 4 months that year).

Here's BFK3 and the barber who has done the majority of his haircuts.  We love Michael and he loves BFK3's hair.  He always suggests I keep it longer because it lays so nice. He was disappointed that BFK4 didn't have the same hair.

12-30-12423_zpsef17eb42.jpg

This is the first time Michael cut BFK4's hair and also the first time anyone used clippers on him, but he seems to be enjoying it.

12-30-12429_zpsdfc62c2a.jpg

Here's the scrapbook photo.

12-30-12431_zpsc2b2c640.jpg

So, we left a ton of hair at the Magic Kingdom and have exposed some ears that haven't seen the light of day for a while.

12-30-12433_zps3ac95623.jpg

My boys looked so drastically different with their haircuts that on more than one occassion over the next few days I didn't recognize them at first (I'm talking just a second or so, but that's unusual for mom).

Time to get back and swim.  We headed for the marina.

12-30-12434_zpsdac5930d.jpg

Hmmm. That's not a boat.

Two of the boat castmembers were at the launch explaining the wind had picked up and the water was too choppy for the boats to run, but we could catch the wilderness lodge bus.

On the bus ride I remembered overhearing a castmember telling a trainee that Disney lets them decide when it's too rough. I know now that they were discussing the day's weather this morning.

12-30-12437_zps7db78f22.jpg

This detour proved to be quite helpful as it slowed us down considerably. 

When we got off the boat the kids begged to play on the playground.

Guess who won?

12-30-12438_zps66b073ab.jpg

But only because the golf cart was parked at the marina (in the first spot if you recall).

12-30-12440_zpse9656b97.jpg

I wanted to get back to get the golf cart decorated for Easter.

Look what we found?

12-30-12452_zps47fddcf0.jpg

We were so bummed that we missed him but his card now hangs in a place of honor in our camper.

I started the crock pot and we got the golf cart decorated.

12-30-12448_zps564374eb.jpg

12-30-12451_zpsb0ef69a2.jpg

Time to get ready to go to the pool.

We had swam the day before so all the suits were on the drying rack outside. I stood in the door way while BFF handed all the suits in.

I was standing there when all of sudden the wind picked up and my cell phone went off. I quickly brought the awning in as the rain started.  If we hadn't been slowed down by the boat situation we would have been in the pool when this hit. I helped BFF get things tied down and we headed back inside to check the warning on my phone.

12-30-12453_zps91851c10.jpg

TORNADO WARNING? ???

Did you ride BTMR?

Since my July trip was only decided on recently, I can't get a BOG dinner ADR, so we're going to try for lunch. It looks yummy!

I am the one who stays with BFK4. BFF takes the other 3 on at least twice using baby swap and more than that if we get FP's.

Dinner is great there but lunch is amazing too, so don't feel too bad about missing the dinner ADR.

What the FORT?

Tornado Warning! at the Fort? On Vacation? Really? Is it possible there's a tornado?

That honestly makes sense considering what happened. It went from looking like it might rain one second to raining and super windy the next second.

It was like a wall of wind just came through the campground.  We are cautious with our awning and pull it in every time we might get some strong wind.

If I hadn't been standing right next to the awning switch I wouldn't have got it in before the wind tore it off the camper.  By the time we quickly got everything picked up and in the camper the major wind was gone.

We still had rain and thunder and some wind gusts but it was quite evident the worst was over.  We tried to get the tv up to watch the weather, but we were pretty much in the clear by the time we got that set up.  Disclaimer-We aren't major tv watchers on vacation. I was ready to beat feet to the comfort station if need be though.

When it finally stopped we headed out to check out the damage.

12-30-12465_zps38d52d49.jpg

12-30-12466_zpsf4034222.jpg

12-30-12454_zpsbc8522e2.jpg

Darn why didn't we think to grab the crock pot?

12-30-12455_zpse1157666.jpg

See how the water just beaded up on the table? That's because the table and some of the side of the camper is just covered in grease from the mac and cheese. I had to use dish soap to cut the grease on the table and the camper. Yuck.

BuckeyeFortFan headed up on the camper to make sure we were ok and he sprayed it off while he was up there.

12-30-12458_zpsd0476337.jpg

The kids were desperate to swim even though it was too cold, at least for us parents. We drove the golf cart over to see if the pool was even open.

We saw this down on the main road between Big Bear/Little Bear and the tennis court side of the pool.

12-30-12476_zps7f029b72.jpg

There were branches down in the theatre.

12-30-12475_zps508916a8.jpg

We found this awning pulled off while we were out.

12-30-12469_zps754f391d.jpg

I've never seen the fort looking so 'rode hard and put away wet' to steal a horse term.  It looked roughed up to say the least.

There were a few threads going at the time about the tornado at the fort, you could go find them if you want to know more. Some say it was a tornado, some were calling it a microburst, others just said it was a storm.

It was a super strong thunderstorm and not at all like a thunderstorm that would produce a tornado in Ohio.  There was definately a wall of wind among the strong gusts.  It shook the camper a more than any wind has ever done before. I was thankful for how big and heavy our camper is while we were waiting the storm out. I would have been sweating bullets in a smaller camper.

The pool was open so the kids swam a bit.

How have I never noticed these hula hoops before above the restrooms at the pool?

12-30-12477_zpse06dabe4.jpg

We decided to get a GAG that night since our mac and cheese and kielbasa was ruined. 

It was dark when we finally got up there and we sat at the corner picnic table.

The castmember gave BFF a super hard time when he ordered so we were left with an negative GAG experience.  I'll let him tell you what happened and I'll head off to bed.

Tomorrow it's Animal Kingdom! 

The castmember gave BFF a super hard time when he ordered so we were left with an negative GAG experience.  I'll let him tell you what happened and I'll head off to bed.

It was really my own stupidity really.  I thought a CM might actually have a brain in their head.

We decided on a GAG based upon the fact that so many Fiends recommend them and I love the chicken at TE and HDDR.  That and our previous GAG had blossomed to the HDDR.  Now I like breasts (insert boob joke here) and so does BFM (insert lesbian joke here) but the Buckeye kids like legs.  GAGS apparently come with a couple breasts, and the rest is an assortment of dark meat, unless you splurge and get the all white meat GAG, which costs more, although they do not tell you how much more on the sign.  Well...I didn't want all white meat, the kids like legs.  so I asked CM #1, a sweet girl, if i could have the breasts and the rest in legs.  "No problem"  she tells me and rings it up.  The receipt even said "breasts and legs" right on it.  So I wait the 25 minutes it apparently takes to throw 10 pieces of chicken in a box and victoriously carry my GAG to the front porch of Crocketts, where the rest of the family was waiting with the drinks.  We open the bucket of chicken and find.....4 legs and a bunch of thighs.  Like 6 thighs.  No one in our family likes thighs.  A little perterbed, I carry my bucket o' thighs back to the TE and eventually get the attention of CM # 2, a nasty little thing.  I attempt to explain the situation to her.  She doesn't get it.  GAGs come with this, how could I get it with that?  I show her the receipt.  Still no help.  Finally I say "Listen.  Even if I can't get a GAG with only breasts and legs, I should get some damn breasts (insert another boob joke here) as 2 come in a normal GAG.  This piece of logic finally worked on her pea-brain, that or she just got tired of arguing with me, so she left me with my bucket o' thighs, as she couldn't take it back, and went to the kitchen to get me some breasts.  She came back with 2 of the smallest breasts I have ever seen (insert 3rd boob joke here) in a single sandwich container.  I didn't have the energy to argue any further so I left, slightly less victorious.   So for the price of a GAG I got 4 legs and 2 teeny weeny breasts plus the normal sides.  Not a good GAG experience.

I have a couple of updates to comment on, so I may miss something . . .

- the boys' haircuts look good.  That is a great tradition that you have.

-did that emergency text come from Disney?  I know they ask for cell numbers at check in, but I didn't know they had an emergency warning system like this.

-That GAG experience SMB.  I liked BFF's retelling of it, but I could only think of one boob joke to insert, so I probably didn't get the full effect.

TCD

I have a couple of updates to comment on, so I may miss something . . .

- the boys' haircuts look good.  That is a great tradition that you have.

-did that emergency text come from Disney?  I know they ask for cell numbers at check in, but I didn't know they had an emergency warning system like this.

-That GAG experience SMB.  I liked BFF's retelling of it, but I could only think of one boob joke to insert, so I probably didn't get the full effect.

TCD

Haircuts are one of the few Disney traditions that are reasonable-$15 bucks a piece

(that and Via Napoli Sangria-does 1 time and plans of a 2nd count as a tradition?)

The emergency text was from my weather channel app. Yes I have 2 saved locations on my App at all times. Home and WDW. Sad I know, but that's the truth.

BFF and his GAG story-He really did take this trip report South fast didn't he?

I love the pictures of the hair cuts too.

Bad GAG, bad.  We prefer big breast here too especially since they are not seen on a daily basis.  ROFL [that would be my small boob joke.]

That's 2 boob jokes, we only need one more to complete his story.

I have a former sister-in-law that we described that way. 

I was blaming BFF for taking this trip south until this reply.

I guess I started it.

It's sometimes hard to keep the SNARKY in check.

That stinks about the GAG. And that person's awning. Glad it wasn't yours. We had to replace one once. They aren't cheap.

We had to replace an awning roller once too due to an overnight storm coming in suddenly at Myrtle Beach.

Sorry about the GAG.  Our first experience with GAGs wasn't good either.  It was undercooked and tough.  Since then we haven't had a problem.

Finally caught up reading.  Loving the way you tour the World, we try to do the very same thing.  Rope Drop or Bust.  

We love Michal, both our boys had their very first haircut with him on Main Street.  He has been there forever, I had my haircut done by him in 1998 when the shop was in the alley way.

Big Thumbs up to BFF for the driving all the way and HDDR that evening.