It's A BuckeyeFortFamily Spring Break 'EGG'stravaganza!!

Is the AAA thing something you can do even if you have an Annual Pass?

Yes, the AAA thing is a separate parking pass that you can get at your AAA office (if you're an AAA member).  I used to think that it was only available if you bought some kind of package from AAA, but I went in to my local office and asked if they could give me a pass, and they did.  This doesn't get you in to the parking lot- you still have to pay or be a resort guest or have an AP, but it allows you to park in a better area. There are spaces designated in each of the parking lots as AAA Diamond Spaces.  They are limited in number.  You have to show your pass to the parking attendants, and they will direct you.  In the Epcot lot, the AAA spaces are way over where the kennel parking used to be, and the RV parking still is.  There usually aren't any CM's around there in the morning, so BFF would be able to park his truck much closer.  And, if you're there for rope drop, the limited number thing isn't a problem.

And, I also give props to BFK2 for the Duffy photo.  I also am not a Duffy fan, but I salute the kid for sticking it to the man.

TCD

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March 28, 2013 continued   We have a date with a person we have tried numerous times to connect with, but now it’s finally happening.   Backstory-I grew up on a Clydesdale breeding farm in Ohio.  I h

The horses all work 3 days and then get time off. He showed us the paddock that they get turned out in when they are done working on a typical work day.   Then we talked about the barn itself.   They

Yes, the AAA thing is a separate parking pass that you can get at your AAA office (if you're an AAA member).  I used to think that it was only available if you bought some kind of package from AAA, but I went in to my local office and asked if they could give me a pass, and they did.  This doesn't get you in to the parking lot- you still have to pay or be a resort guest or have an AP, but it allows you to park in a better area. There are spaces designated in each of the parking lots as AAA Diamond Spaces.  They are limited in number.  You have to show your pass to the parking attendants, and they will direct you.  In the Epcot lot, the AAA spaces are way over where the kennel parking used to be, and the RV parking still is.  There usually aren't any CM's around there in the morning, so BFF would be able to park his truck much closer.  And, if you're there for rope drop, the limited number thing isn't a problem.

And, I also give props to BFK2 for the Duffy photo.  I also am not a Duffy fan, but I salute the kid for sticking it to the man.

TCD

That is great info. We will definitely be getting that for Halloween.

At EPCOT we like to go through the bag check on that side anyway because it's always just one guard and no line. So that would be awesome!

That's funny- "sticking it to the man," considering 'the man' is my husband!

Great update!

How big are the personal size pizzas? I might eat there in July with my mom and Z.

We didn't see one actually. 

We split two of the big pizza's between 3 of us but there were no leftovers. It was just too good.

That is great info. We will definitely be getting that for Halloween.

At EPCOT we like to go through the bag check on that side anyway because it's always just one guard and no line. So that would be awesome!

That's funny- "sticking it to the man," considering 'the man' is my husband!

Yes, get the pass.  If you're an AAA member, it's free- so why not.  The spaces at Hollywood Studios and AK are great too.

Yes, I know in this case BFF is "the man."  When I crack down on my girls for something, they sometimes say something like "Dang the man, always trying to keep a brother down," or something to that effect.

TCD

March 24, 2013

Good Morning BuckeyeFortFamily.

Now we know we are "on vacation."

Magic Kingdom rope drop!

Let's go kids, shake a leg.

12-30-12287_zps601663be.jpg

Lou.... that picture is just for you.

I actually heard your snarky voice in my head as I took it and then I giggled to myself and got those kids moving. 

It also shows off one of my favorite aspects of our camper-the huge U-shaped couch.

We always celebrate being the first golf cart at the marina with a picture for the trip report. 12-30-12289_zps873354cd.jpg

It's a 7am opening, so of course we are at the dock by 6:15 but we still aren't the first people standing in line. There is always some family that must have walked or taken the bus in front of us. No biggie.

We did get down there before they had a chance to clear the sand off the walk.

12-30-12290_zps7b4cb4b4.jpg

I can't even begin to put into words how much we love this part of any trip. The anticipation of waiting on the boat the first day in the MK is what we work crazy hours for.  And yes Lou... our kids are just as excited as we are.

12-30-12294_zps8676e4dd.jpg

The whole trip to the MK is spent planning where to first and second and then.... but we did grab some looks like night but isn't pictures.

12-30-12299_zps8a9f5585.jpg

12-30-12303_zpsbade6af3.jpg

Good Morning Magic Kingdom

12-30-12305_zps4175f304.jpg

The dancers have Easter colors on.

12-30-12310_zps908edaed.jpg

Wait, what am I thinking. I need to get a picture of the rope for Lou....

12-30-12315_zpse86ecb4e.jpg

Darn, I'm too late it's down already.

Seconds later we are walking in.

12-30-12316_zps30bdcc99.jpg

I never push or run or even hurry all that much at this point. I realize that just being here means that we will walk onto every ride whether I bust my butt or not.  And besides we are on vacation. So we just go with the flow....

Beautiful

12-30-12318_zps37b3d2db.jpg

BuckeyeFortFan and BuckeyeFortKid1 headed for Space Mountain and I took the rest of the kids to get PPFP's. 

We couldn't help ourselves on our way to tomorrowland.

4-1-3a24_zpsfcb8b2af.jpg

Here's a better view.  We were the ONLY ones on the ride.

4-1-3a25_zpscd35ed25.jpg

It had to be tried.

4-1-3a31_zps649394ac.jpg

I love this view in the morning.

12-30-12332_zps48ea41be.jpg 

I love the empty Magic Kingdom and so do my kids. 

It's 7:15 and we are taking our first restroom break. Who am I kidding I have a 3yr old. We stopped to use the potty before we headed off to fight Zurg.

12-30-12334_zps80e4c19a.jpg

Someone is figuring out the whole "showing off for the camera" like her father.

12-30-12336_zps00846432.jpg

I on the other hand have a scaredy cat.

12-30-12335_zps47215b02.jpg

Ok, it's 7:30 and we are walking onto Winnie the Pooh after playing tug of war with Gopher.

12-30-12337_zpsa1e29076.jpg

Then Peter Pan in a still empty park.

12-30-12338_zpsa3dc22c9.jpg

BFK4 and I took the first ship, then BFF and BFK3 took the next one. Their bar never came down so when they got off the ride the Castmember had to stop it to put this rope on it.

12-30-12339_zpsc10c775a.jpg

Which meant we had a great view of the girls (BFK1&2) stuck on their boat.

12-30-12340_zps834b49ce.jpg

Now that we got those girls off that ride we are gonna take BFK4 on his first coaster.

12-30-12343_zps759c58c1.jpg

Here we go....

12-30-12344_zpsa95b2320.jpg

The next 2 pictures of the girls are priceless. I just wish the first one wasn't fuzzy, but look at BFK2. 

12-30-12345_zpsaf45e671.jpg

12-30-12346_zpsd4445a8a.jpg

Ok, back to the baby of the family. As we pull back into the station his father asked him if he liked it and he tried to do the thumbs down sign.

12-30-12348_zpsa8155b2e.jpg

But he couldn't let go of Mama.  I had claw marks to prove his distaste for the roller coaster although now he talks about going on it again. He never cried but did say that we had to take him on Dumbo to make up for that bad ride. 

12-30-12350_zpse6467ab9.jpg

Ok, it's 8:30 and we have already rode most of our favorites. So we head off towards the crazy train (as BFK3 called it when he was much younger), but as we passed BOG there was a crowd brewing.

12-30-12351_zpsc85f4942.jpg

Those girls looked sorta familiar and there were people there just primping their hair and makeup so they must be someone.

Then BFK1 in a super star-struck voice yells that's China from Ant Farm. She was right!

12-30-12353_zps678105cd.jpg

She's on the right between the green shirt and the plaid shirt and those our her sisters on the other side of the green shirt.

BFF headed for BTMRRFP's and to get more SOMK cards while we headed for Rapunzel's restroom.

Here's an interesting touch.  There are all these "horse prints" around that area.

12-30-12370_zpse3ef9783.jpg

Here's the cool thing. That's a light horse shoe (think racehorse or cowboy's horse).

Here's Maximus's shoe.

12-30-12369_zps529bbdc0.jpg

A draft horse shoe (think Budweiser Clydesdale) and better yet it's what we call a scotch bottom (with the clip above the I in his name and the clips at the ends of the horse shoe).  That's what we put on a show horse.

I love this detail and thought I would share.

Our horse connection comes in super handy later in this trip (TCD you will love it when we get to it).

Well, it's 8:45am and after potty break 2 it's snack time.

12-30-12354_zps5901f71e.jpg

Those are my go to snacks in the diaper bag/back pack.

While we were snacking China showed back up. They were filming her family walking from the Rapunzel bathrooms toward it's a small world.

12-30-12367_zps3ae8d7dd.jpg

My girls were enthralled but my boys not so much.

12-30-12356_zpsdd818330.jpg

They were hunting chameleons.

12-30-12358_zpsf74a2cd0.jpg

Ok, time to head over to BTMRR. When was the last time the Magic Kingdom was so empty you let your young kids get this far ahead of you?
12-30-12372_zpsc304b684.jpg

It's 9:00am. 

Let's do the run down.

In 2 hours we have done:

Space Mountain

Rode the carousel

Buzz Lightyear

Winnie the Pooh

Peter Pan

The Barnstormer

Dumbo

Snack and 2 potty breaks.

And that's why I love RD!

The real kicker is we totally took it easy because we had just been here at Christmas time so we didn't need to ride EVERYTHING.

So we kept talking about how much more relaxed this morning was since we were really taking our time.

ROPE DROP ROCKSl

But I'm preaching to the choir.

Yes, get the pass.  If you're an AAA member, it's free- so why not.  The spaces at Hollywood Studios and AK are great too.

Yes, I know in this case BFF is "the man."  When I crack down on my girls for something, they sometimes say something like "Dang the man, always trying to keep a brother down," or something to that effect.

TCD

We are just starting to get that snarky fun attitude from our girls as they grow out of the little princess stage of life into the tweeners stage.

Those are great VN pics....I could eat that pizza right now!  I am not crazy about a lot of the VN menu...but the pizza is da bomb!

Rope drop does rock.  Great updates!

Thanks Dave! We thought of you when we took the pizza pood forn pics.  Hope they brought you joy and not sadness.

I am too lazy to quote the pic but it looks like your boys are peeing on the fence lol

Oh my goodness, I know!

But I couldn't get a picture of them chameleon hunting that didn't look like they were doing that.  I tried. Oh well, we were at the Rapunzel restrooms.

Awesome update.

First golf cart at the Settlement bragging rights to the BFF family!

That's cool that your girls got so see a Disney Channel "star."

Thanks for the horseshoe lesson.  I will look more carefully next time.

If there is anyone reading along who still does not see the benefit of rope drop, it should be remembered that the BFF family is visiting WDW on Easter Week.  I'm sure that wait times for the mountains were 2+ hours later in the day.

TCD

Great update.  Rope Drop does NOT SMB.

Of course YOU already know this!!!

It's the only way to go!

Awesome update.

First golf cart at the Settlement bragging rights to the BFF family!

That's cool that your girls got so see a Disney Channel "star."

Thanks for the horseshoe lesson.  I will look more carefully next time.

If there is anyone reading along who still does not see the benefit of rope drop, it should be remembered that the BFF family is visiting WDW on Easter Week.  I'm sure that wait times for the mountains were 2+ hours later in the day.

TCD

It was a 10 out 10 the whole time we were there.

It was crazy busy but look at our pictures and you will see NO CROWDS.

We typically do non-peak times, but this year is our year of insanity when the school schedule has driven us to only coming on Holiday breaks.

We did Christmas this past year and now Easter.

I can easily say it would have a been a horrible vacation had we not known the 'tricks' that are second nature to us now.

Do your homework and get up early! It's worth it!  Right ladies?

A big hell ya!

And I second it! Take that, Lou!

I love rope drop!  My head leaks every time.

I thought the same thing! 

And there's my chorus of rope drop believers!!!

Love when we get to let the younglings run ahead in the empty park.

No lines and lots of rides in a short amount of time.

Rope drop is the only way to go.

I'm beginning to see the day when we let them go by themselves and it scares me! They are growing up way too fast.

I'll take it, but I have no clue why I'm taking it as I don't read TRs.

David, Gwens David, tell Gwen to get a grip, it's only a silly amusement park.

Not only an amusement park, THE amusement park!!!!!

PS thank you for not reading my trip report!

When we left off, we were headed towards Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, AKA crazy train.

BFK4 and I headed to this nice empty space with chairs.

12-30-12374_zpsf29d33fa.jpg

He played checkers and I had a great view of the ride exit.

12-30-12377_zpsccc7cd12.jpg

Well, there they go headed back on to use the baby swap. 

12-30-12380_zps9d422ef2.jpg

Perfect I can

12-30-12381_zps9cef6198.jpg

Squirrel

Where was I?

Oh yeah, now I can make my trip report notes and check fort fiends.

Well, they are done with their 2 rides and it's only 9:30.

We have some time to kill. Go ahead kids and finish that game.

12-30-12383_zps6e227e5a.jpg

Look what I found over here.

12-30-12373_zps43e5dea3.jpg

I know there were some fiend discussions on the location of these just the week before our vacation.

The interesting thing is just where this one is placed.

12-30-12384_zpse1f9976a.jpg

Oh well, time to walk.

12-30-12385_zpsd5c4a878.jpg

Starting to get a little crowded but still not bad.

Here's the Sleepy Hollow under construction.

12-30-12387_zpsec2bfe17.jpg

BOG isn't open yet. What should we do?

Oh yeah, this one!!!!

12-30-12390_zpsebc1d15f.jpg

This was a first for us. 

12-30-12393_zps4554ff8d.jpg

Now that we have talked BFF off the ledge, for some reason that ride just rubs him the wrong way, we headed for lunch.

12-30-12394_zps7bfef5cf.jpg

The kids loved this aspect of lunch.

12-30-12395_zps7d4b2d60.jpg

Ok, we will.

12-30-12396_zpsf266ac91.jpg

We ordered and then got a primo spot in the ballroom.

Look at how happy my girls are.

12-30-12397_zps9694c479.jpg

Ok, now I'm praying I get all of DaveInTn's pood forn on this post.

French Onion Soup. AMAZING!

12-30-12401_zps6005f34b.jpg

Potato Leek soup. Yummy!

12-30-12405_zps89cce179.jpg

Toasted Ham and Cheese-Croque Monsieur fancy name for a great sandwhich.

12-30-12403_zpse0a44a21.jpg

Braised Pork (coq au vin style). THE BOMB!

12-30-12402_zps3ae949e7.jpg

We also tried the kids Macaroni-just ok.

12-30-12406_zpsf64ac8c4.jpg

Carved turkey sandwhich.

He didn't like it so he traded his father for some pork. Smart boy!

12-30-12407_zps0fd683ab.jpg

We are just finishing lunch and have a lot more to cover just to get through today. 

A lot to look forward to in the rest of this day. 

We lose something at the MK and then have some "transportation issues" on the way home. And home has some excitement too. 

You'll have to check back in tomorrow when I have time to post.