It's A BuckeyeFortFamily Spring Break 'EGG'stravaganza!!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March 28, 2013 continued   We have a date with a person we have tried numerous times to connect with, but now it’s finally happening.   Backstory-I grew up on a Clydesdale breeding farm in Ohio.  I h

The horses all work 3 days and then get time off. He showed us the paddock that they get turned out in when they are done working on a typical work day.   Then we talked about the barn itself.   They

My parents probably regretted ever taking me to the Tiki Room. I LOVED it as a kid. First, they had to buy me one of the overpriced animated birds. Eventually, I had a real, talking bird. Yep, and it's all because of the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room. Z has never been there.

I can't wait to hear about O'h'a'n'a' since I am finally eating there in July!

I've been so busy trying to get my trip report on with every free minute I have that I totally missed seeing I have been TAGGED by the TAG FAIRY!!! Woooohoooo!!!!

See

<---------

Ok, enough fiendish celebrating. I better get back to the business at hand. My mouth is watering just thinking of the O'hana update to come.

love the MK pictures!!!

Thanks Carol. When you have such a pretty sunny day you just have to take pictures.  

What a great day!

Gwen, just wait it gets soooo much better.

Yes....  I'm so going to love the next update.......  O'Hana...

Oh, yes you will!

Looking forward to more food photos.

I got a bunch at O'hana. 

That BOG steak sammich looks awesome.  I have always figured if I get there for lunch I'd get the french onion soup and the turkey sammich, but now I don't know. 

Quebec.  Those people are naked all the time.   

Get the steak or the pork. The turkey sandwhich was not so good. BFK3 got the kids version the first lunch we had there and none of us were impressed.

Yes after he said 'yuck' we passed it around and all tried it. He was right, we should have just believed him.

Good to know where to find the naked people.

Love the pics of your kids with Woody and Jesse.

Looking forward to the trip to Ohana.

This was our first meet with Jessie. We've danced with her before but hadn't done the full out meet and greet.

She was fun.

My parents probably regretted ever taking me to the Tiki Room. I LOVED it as a kid. First, they had to buy me one of the overpriced animated birds. Eventually, I had a real, talking bird. Yep, and it's all because of the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room. Z has never been there.

I can't wait to hear about O'h'a'n'a' since I am finally eating there in July!

O'hana is the bomb. Hands down our favorite restaurant on property.

PS Why on earth haven't you taken Z to the Tiki Room???

It's March 27, 2013 and after a morning at the MK we are enjoying our first ever non-firework seating at O'hana.  We make an ADR for every trip we go on for this amazing restaurant.

We have a 4:35 reservation and when we arrived the restaurant wasn't even open but this was the waiting room.

3-28-13241_zps9f3f1680.jpg

The restaurant opening is very nice. All the servers come out to the waiting room and they welcome their cousins to dinner.

3-28-13242_zpsdbef8582.jpg

Right on the dot, 4:35 our server called for us and walked us down the welcome gauntlet to the bread service.

3-28-13246_zps6e12dd12.jpg

This bread is awesome. I do not like coconut, but it has the most subtle coconut I've ever had in anything.

3-28-13247_zps9bbfcf53.jpg

We also get salad at this point. It has a sweet dressing and mango on top.

3-28-13256_zps941114fa.jpg

We are sitting in the first row of tables and we have a wonderful view of these huge statues.

3-28-13251_zps851bfa4c.jpg

3-28-13281_zpsb28188b0.jpg

3-28-13255_zpsf26c6ec9.jpg

There is also the stick-lickers that are all through the restaurant.

3-28-13250_zps6791db85.jpg

Now that you feel that you have traveled to Polynesia, let's move onto appetizers. Sticky wings and potstickers.

3-28-13257_zpsa853a538.jpg

Oh, my goodness. They are so freaking good.

But wait our drinks are here.

I ordered a Pinacolava.  No I didn't spell it wrong and I am glad it has the lava in it. It was the best part.

3-28-13260_zpsafac16ba.jpg

BuckeyeFortFan always gets the pineapple full of alcohol.

3-28-13259_zps784623d4.jpg

The hot towels are great for getting rid of the sticky from the sticky wings.

The sides are here.

The BuckeyeFortKids love the noodles, but we make them eat the veggies just to round it out. Honestly both are amazing.

3-28-13261_zpsc725d362.jpg

The server brings the peanut sauce. Now I know that some are upset about the change from 3 sauces to 1, but honestly I only ever used the peanut sauce so it's no biggie in my book.

Then the skewers of grilled meat start coming to the table.

Shrimp (peel and eat), beef, pork, and chicken.

This is a carnivore's dream.

3-28-13262_zpsb8709959.jpg

3-28-13263_zps4ae110f1.jpg

The entertainment has started and it's not the woman.

I am jumping for joy! She gets on my nerves.3-28-13264_zps1b3b2376.jpg

BuckeyeFortFan could care less about who sings. He's in heaven.

3-28-13269_zps264dbaf8.jpg

Must be coconut race time. My kids are GONE.  3-28-13265_zps0182044f.jpg

Guess who won the race.

3-28-13266_zps4f60d75b.jpg

Guess who came back with a true 'fish' story of how she got the biggest coconut ever and how hard it was push it around because it was sooooo big and heavy.

3-28-13267_zps9d8fc332.jpg

Dessert time. Pineapple Coconut Bread Pudding. I love bread pudding and this one is my 2nd favorite bread pudding on property.

3-28-13271_zpsd1d3ae6b.jpg

Something for the BuckeyeFortKids.

3-28-13270_zpsde821786.jpg

The kids got back just before their ice cream melted. They were learning how to hula and hang loose.

3-28-13276_zps1596250d.jpg

Everybody's happy.

3-28-13274_zpsa70e158c.jpg

Wait a minute, this one isn't.

3-28-13273_zps30ce4a77.jpg

She wasn't done eating and our server heard her say that. Here comes the noodles she loves.

3-28-13283_zps6232662f.jpg

We were all stuffed so she ate straight from the bowl.

3-28-13278_zps98403caa.jpg

I couldn't help but give her a hard time about making our server bring her more food and this is her response.

3-28-13279_zps00f3ed2d.jpg

She got meat too!

3-28-13280_zps902f98eb.jpg

How can you blame her for wanting to savor this meal.

3-28-13284_zpse9cf1f5a.jpg

Picture limit- all in one restaurant- yes mini-trip report within a trip report.

I love the food at that place!!!!  Your pics looks awesome!  I could eat a platter full of the wings and potstickers.  Oh man...but I think you know the effect it has on me.  LOL>  I have always loved the food, but the service has been horrible a couple of times we've gone.  That is the only gripe I have about the place; the inconsistency with the service. 

Yum!!!!

I blame my Lapu Lapu for making me leave my leftovers on the monorail after our anniversary dinner.

As far as not taking Z to the Tiki Room, did you read the part about it causing me to own a real bird as a kid? I don't want that to happen again. No birds in my house!

Wow, just an awesome meal!!!

It was and always is, but this was was definitely one of the funnest. We had a great server!

That sure does look yummy.

Where is your first favorite bread pudding located at?

Tusker House breakfast. 

I am a bread pudding purist.

The fruit in it at O'hana is ok for the Poly, but I think bread pudding has to have chocolate or cinnamon.

I love the food at that place!!!!  Your pics looks awesome!  I could eat a platter full of the wings and potstickers.  Oh man...but I think you know the effect it has on me.  LOL>  I have always loved the food, but the service has been horrible a couple of times we've gone.  That is the only gripe I have about the place; the inconsistency with the service. 

We have had some real BL service there before, but the service this time was awesome.

The servers were all jovial and attentive.

Maybe something to getting this first seating ADR. 

We will just have to test that out in October. 

It's called a Lapu Lapu.  That is polynesian for " You gonna be S***faced Cousin!"

I married this guy not only because he is damn sexy,

he's funny too! 

I loved all the 'Ohana photos!

But they made me hungry.

I also want to hear where there is better bread pudding than the 'Ohana bread pudding.

TCD

I want to say Play and DIne at Hollywood and Vine has some great bread pudding too, but it's been a long time. 

PS Did you catch I used the BL from the DIT rating system?

Yum!!!!

I blame my Lapu Lapu for making me leave my leftovers on the monorail after our anniversary dinner.

As far as not taking Z to the Tiki Room, did you read the part about it causing me to own a real bird as a kid? I don't want that to happen again. No birds in my house!

Poor Z!  Shame on you Kelly.

He needs to be frightened by the tiki gods and the dark thunder and lightning just like all our kids were the first time we took them in.

It'll be a few times through before he actually remembers the birds or the song.

I have always heard that the Raglan Road bread pudding is the best at WDW.  Is that by any chance your number 1, BFM?

OOOOOOOO......WHAT IS THAT?

There's good bread pudding at Raglan Road? ???

BuckeyeFortFan, did you hear that? Hitch up the camper, we need to do some research! It's important!

That restaurant is awesome...  Great photos...  I feel like this :drool1: ...   Although i am curious where there might be better Bread Pudding....

Ok, O'hana has some excellent bread pudding, don't get me wrong.

But it's a couple times of year is enough kind of bread pudding.

It's like a flavored coffee.

There are some great flavored coffees out there, mind you not many, but they are out there.

But at the end of the day you can't drink it everyday.

Ok, time to finish up this MK day because tomorrow is AWESOME!

Now that we are so very stuffed that walking down to the boat seems insane, I guess it's time to ride the Monorail.

3-28-13287_zps9f37d6bc.jpg

Look Mama it's your favorite Monorail! That it is.

They may be monofails, but my kids love this ride.

3-28-13288_zps0124612d.jpg

Don't let the standing fool you, it's an empty car at just after 6pm on the way to the Magic Kingdom.

TCD-just for you. I'm sorry.

3-28-13291_zps1c86f7b2.jpg

Next stop Magic Kingdom.

3-28-13292_zpsca9138b0.jpg

The Water Pagent Bull Pen.

3-28-13293_zps570bfd13.jpg

A Troll like shot between the dual monorails.

3-28-13294_zps2d634b85.jpg

I like the new Iron Man Monorail.

It's really sharp!

3-28-13296_zps9a8459a8.jpg

We saw this sign and thought "let's catch this real quick."

3-28-13298_zpsf9961d31.jpg

Good thing we are after Mickey.

3-28-13297_zps4ea37111.jpg

Now we get in line and I start counting people and realize there is no way this a 10 minute wait, so I go ask the cast member. She says it's at least a 30 minute wait and that seemed realistic, so we got our butts out of line and grabbed FP's.

As we walked out back on Main Street the sunlight is just beautiful, AGAIN!

We are lucking out this trip.

3-28-13299_zpsfa70c39c.jpg

Our oldest daughter had lost her purchased at EPCOT paper bead necklace earlier in the day, so we stopped in guest relations to check lost and found. No luck. She was bummed, we didn't find it and never made it back to EPCOT.  Poor girl.

We decided to play some portals, which was really the whole point of coming back to the MK. I know sad, but on vacation you do what the family wants to do.

Wait! What's that I hear?

Guess what we were just in time for?

HEY, GET UP! GET LOUD! WE'RE POOPING ON THE POTTY NOW!

4-1-3a55_zpsf6b23334.jpg

Disclaimer, this parade started during the potty training days of one of the kids and yes this became a theme song and you know when a bad jingle gets stuck in your head, it's hard to dislodge. Add to that my husband loves to torture my kids with the singing of incorrect lyrics, so it is sung this way frequently at our house.

4-1-3a56_zps35649c22.jpg

Mr. Incredible always looks like a toddler pooping his pants to me, so maybe this song fits.

Sorry for my digression.4-1-3a57_zps437447ce.jpg

I personally love this parade.

BuckeyeFortFan is in the fetal position begging us not to subject him to the hell that is this fake parade, but you know what we did!

We got up!

4-1-3a61_zps7b5d1903.jpg

We got loud!

4-1-3a62_zps01d3a6ab.jpg

And we pumped up the party! with our fists held high in the air!

4-1-3a63_zps5b8d0825.jpg

And we followed it down to the hub. 

Now BuckeyeFortKid1 has totally outgrown this parade and feels similiar to BuckeyeFortFan about it, so she took the camera and took pictures of these.

3-28-13303_zps6936dd5f.jpg

There are a bunch of them and I had never seen them before, but I guess this is my first time hanging out in the hub.

3-28-13304_zpsfcca2664.jpg

I can't remember what song they were playing at this point, but BuckeyeFortKid3 had lost interest and was perched on my foot reading his map, which made it tough for me to dance along.

4-1-3a66_zps38d33ab3.jpg

Ok, one more shot. The red t-shirt this CM is wearing is probably my favorite Disney t-shirt ever. I prefer the purple one, but red would do. I want one! But what are you going to do? That will never happen. I am not a dancer, or a guy, or young enough to drop everything and move to Disney to try out to jump up and down in this parade all day every day. Bummer! It's a cute shirt. 4-1-3a70_zps9a3cc5b3.jpg

Ok, time to split up. BuckeyeFortFan and his BFK's 1 & 3 took off to play portals and I had BFK 2 & 4 and we were off to meet a mouse.

4-1-3a74_zps1cd51a15.jpg

We enjoyed reading the odd collection of posters while we waited.

4-1-3a75_zps7ebcd189.jpg

4-1-3a76_zps4d1dda44.jpg

4-1-3a77_zps88405648.jpg

While we waited to meet Mickey BFK4 was so excited to see him I could barely contain him. He didn't want to wait patiently.

Until we got to the front of the line. Then he totally clammed up, I was surprised I got him this close to Mickey just to get a picture.

45999240125_zps42290cec.jpg

Then the magic happened.

45999240126_zpse96e9989.jpg

Yes Lou...., it was magical. After BFK2 got her goodbye hug, BFK4 waved and Mickey picked up on it and then

45999240127_zps378123d7.jpg

Magic!

Well, we came, we saw, we conguered (at least our fear of mice).

It was time to get back to the fort.

So we hopped a boat.

The kids begged to play in the sand, which we rarely do.

4-1-3a78_zps1b5eb94e.jpg

While we were playing in the sand the rest of the crew got off the next boat to dock. 

BuckeyeFortFan took this picture with his phone. I don't have notes as to what it was. Maybe he remembers but he is already asleep so we will have to wait until tomorrow.

It might be the Water Pagent.

BFFPhonepics12_zpsc1b8f3d6.jpg

Good Night All!

Tomorrow is a very very good day.

We get to rope drop DHS now that we are all healthy again.

We also get to have some TCD Ranch fun and I am not talking about pony rides.

I am not gonna get this full trip report onto my free photobucket account.

Is anyone else using a free website like photobucket, that they like?

Don't forget....you are not supposed to take advice from me.  My advice BL.  I'm tired and confused. 

VIA NAPOLI was freaking awesome. Like SF awesome! Maybe your advice that comes from the stomach is reliable, it's the rest we ought to question.  

You are right- that photo of BFK4 with Mickey is magical!

For photobucket- you can open a new account with a new email address- just make one and open another free account.

Or go pro.  It doesn't cost that much, and then you can have all your photos in one place.  That's what I ended up doing a few years ago.  Going pro also eliminates all the ads when you are on photobucket.

TCD

BuckeyeFortFan took this picture with his phone. I don't have notes as to what it was. Maybe he remembers but he is already asleep so we will have to wait until tomorrow.

It might be the Water Pagent.

BFFPhonepics12_zpsc1b8f3d6.jpg

The moon was so big and bright on our boat ride back to the Fort that I had to get a pic. The row of lights reflecting in the water are the lights on the Fort marina and dock, and the big light in the sky is the moon. I call it "Big Full Moon over Fort Wilderness Marina and Dock from a Boat on Bay Lake....at Night".

I'll work on the name.

The moon was so big and bright on our boat ride back to the Fort that I had to get a pic. The row of lights reflecting in the water are the lights on the Fort marina and dock, and the big light in the sky is the moon. I call it "Big Full Moon over Fort Wilderness Marina and Dock from a Boat on Bay Lake....at Night".

I'll work on the name.

Yeah-that name is very good, but it does need some work.  You need to add Clementine's Beach into the name.  And you should mention those spotlights too.  It's not just the moon in that photo.  And maybe add the month at the end.

Something like "Big Full Moon and Spotlights over Fort Wilderness Marina, Dock and Clementine's Beach from a Boat on Bay Lake . . . . .at Night in April."  That is a little better.

TCD

Yeah-that name is very good, but it does need some work.  You need to add Clementine's Beach into the name.  And you should mention those spotlights too.  It's not just the moon in that photo.  And maybe add the month at the end.

Something like "Big Full Moon and Spotlights over Fort Wilderness Marina, Dock and Clementine's Beach from a Boat on Bay Lake . . . . .at Night in April."  That is a little better.

TCD

Taking notes on the proper naming of photos.

TCD is very good with titles.

Love the photo with Mickey at the end.  Perfect.

Thanks I love that photo.

Love the Mickey hug!

I'm a little sad that this may be the last 'first' time to be in awe of meeting a character.

March 28, 2013

It's a relaxed DHS morning then our big TCD Ranch visit this afternoon.

We left the camper at 7:10 and I grabbed this predawn picture of the moon from the campsite.

3-28-13395_zpscd06fc10.jpg

It's so foggy this morning. Let's call this one "Fog over the canal next to Bonnet Creek Parkway."

3-28-13399_zps816257a3.jpg

TCD, How's that title? Did I do it justice?

Excited kids, hopeful for a bright a sunny day.

3-28-13401_zps0147f6ae.jpg

Moon over Lake Buena Vista Blvd.3-28-13403_zpsebf0e5b4.jpg

Beautiful sight. The moon is still up which means no one else is!

3-28-13406_zps82e9f797.jpg

Yup, empty parking lot, just like I like it!

3-28-13407_zps97a4ca06.jpg

We walked up to the turnstiles and walked right in. What? A soft opening. This is perfect. No rushing! I love this.

It's 7:40 and we are walking under the barrel of monkeys to get our FPs for TSMM!!!!

3-28-13410_zps217fa9e4.jpg

Ok, be honest it's it gorgeous with no people? No shoulder to shoulder! No castmember yelling to stay to the right! This is ROPE DROP BABY!

3-28-13411_zps7f034e4e.jpg

Relaxed. No Rushing. Time to actually enjoy the ambiance.

3-28-13412_zps04dd188b.jpg

I love the theming in this area.

3-28-13413_zpsee19b0be.jpg

Our FPs are for 8:50-9:50. What should we do?

WALK ON OF COURSE.

3-28-13414_zps86a33697.jpg

Seriously though, I've been in this queue a million times but I still love it!!!!

3-28-13415_zps9cca801f.jpg

3-28-13416_zps43e8e8cd.jpg

3-28-13417_zps545b6036.jpg

No waiting on the stairs anymore.  That's new to us but this is not.

4-1-3a81_zpseaeedd0d.jpg

Ride #1 done and technically the park hasn't opened yet. Yeah baby.

Let's do it again?

Twist my arm please!

3-28-13418_zps0d0ffde4.jpg

Ride #2 done!

4-1-3a83_zps36df52e9.jpg

This is probably the family's favorite ride. So, it's already been an awesome day, but it's time for breakfast.

Starring Rolls is the closest option so off we go.

4-1-3a85_zpsd91d82d5.jpg

We sat next to a New York family and listened to their talk of morning bagels. It was fun.

BuckeyeFortFan went in to get us something. We are a large family sometimes there is no choice. You get what you get and you don't get upset.

He brought out some juice and milk and a couple pastries. That was breakfast. Done and done.

Why on earth did I find this on the camera?

3-28-13419_zpsd6601313.jpg

Oh, well, I'm sure it's for DIT.

Nevermind, it's FP time.

So it's no real surprise I ride with my little man, BFK4, but our score was surprising. First of all because he actually scored well and second look at them. Same numbers and same accuracy. That's just cool.

4-1-3a86_zps96cfea7c.jpg

Here's the girl's car.

3-28-13421_zpsafd3788a.jpg

And a quick pic of BFK3. He's a Toy Story Midway Mania pro. He practices at home all the time.

3-28-13422_zps2df0786e.jpg

Ok, it's 9:15 and here we are exiting our 3rd trip on this ride this morning.

3-28-13423_zpsafe443b9.jpg

But I want to ride it again already!!!!

Oh well, I guess there is a whole park out there we should at least see something else, right?

I'm thinking ride it again too.

For the Lou who doesn't read TR, when they do the soft opening like that, is it continuous?  Meaning they don't decide to stop letting people in and make them wait in line after a certain point do they?  How often do they do a soft opening, at any of the parks?