It's A BuckeyeFortFamily Spring Break 'EGG'stravaganza!!

Darn, we need to buck up it sounds. Easier said then done.

While I agree that it's OK to knock on a Fiends door to say Hi, I treat Dave Devore a little differently. He's not on vacation at the Fort. He and his wife live there and they are also CMs that sometimes work very late hours. And that's why I make sure that I don't stop by if there is a chance he's sleeping in from a late night. Other than him, knock away, I do.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March 28, 2013 continued   We have a date with a person we have tried numerous times to connect with, but now it’s finally happening.   Backstory-I grew up on a Clydesdale breeding farm in Ohio.  I h

The horses all work 3 days and then get time off. He showed us the paddock that they get turned out in when they are done working on a typical work day.   Then we talked about the barn itself.   They

Friday March 29, 2013

7am opening at the MK, so that means oatmeal at 5:45.

4-1-13006_zps4ca2408a.jpg

The oatmeal is portable, so we can be on the dock at 6:10 because that first boat comes around 6:15. 

4-1-13093_zpsd0f1bd09.jpg

Now our normal couple minute wait is turning into a LOOOOONG wait. BuckeyeFortKid2 perched on her father's foot to wait it out.  

4-1-13095_zpsccbd1679.jpg

It's 6:30 and this sign is taunting us.

4-1-13100_zpsac140b7c.jpg

FINALLY!!!!

4-1-13102_zps97b27091.jpg

This boat is 15 minutes later than normal! We've seen it be early but never late.

And when we pull up to the Magic Kingdom, the Lodge boat is pulling away!

#*%!!!!

The line for the bag check is back to the boat dock.

4-1-3a95_zps36adcb1c.jpg

Look at that line!

It's that long because there is ONE person checking the bags.

ONE!

The park opens in 12 minutes!

There are people lined up at every turnstile and none of them working and the park opens in 5 minutes.

4-1-13106_zpsee3bdb69.jpg

It's 2 minutes until park opens and they decide to finally start the opening show.

The opening show was the dancers and the family of the day who did the count down. NOTHING ELSE!

4-1-13107_zps3ed9cea8.jpg

We still aren't in the gates. 

Fortunately we chose to get in line for the right RFID readers.

They only had enough castmembers to open 1 RFID reader open and 2 turnstiles on the other side, but there were people lined up at every turnstile and RFID reader.

There just weren't cast members to open the turnstiles.

Or check bags.

Or get the boats going.

WHAT IS HAPPENING? ???? ???? ????

Did someone not tell the castmembers it was a 7am opening?

At least the castle is where it is supposed to be and pretty in pink.

4-1-13109_zpsedbfbbf9.jpg

We strolled up Main Street.

We rode Peter Pan and the carousel.

4-1-13112_zps7310a114.jpg

I know people say skip the carousel, but don't skip it.

4-1-13113_zps29c4418d.jpg

This isn't just any carousel. It's huge and the ride is different on a big carousel.

It's only 7:15 and we have 2 rides under our belt. We hit Winnie the Pooh on our way to the Great Goofini's Barnstormer!

Until the kids beg their father for this.

4-1-13115_zps6b1270a3.jpg

How can you resist this?

4-1-13116_zps64daf820.jpg

Bathroom Break time and time for BuckeyeFortFan to try and catch up with stomach that he left on the tea cups.

Then we can catch the Barnstormer.

When we do one for the big kids we need to do one for the baby.

4-1-3a96_zps19dc5aa8.jpg

From Dumbo (if you couldn't see that the boys are in an elephant) you can see the hot air balloons.

4-1-13117_zps2fd11c54.jpg

4-1-13118_zps5a13ab6c.jpg

Ok, while we are still in Storybook Circus, let's meet the characters.

I took the girls to meet the girls and BuckeyeFortFan took the boys to meet the boys.

The photopass photographer got some beautiful shots of my girls striking a pose with Daisy.

45999240161_zps9c8b3ad7.jpg

Now that I have some time to look around. What's that I see.

4-1-3a97_zpsda040a6c.jpg

Goofy and Donald are goofing off and they are all by themselves. No castmembers.

4-1-3a98_zpsd9730cb3.jpg

Oh, here comes my guy. Fortunately BuckeyeFortFan had his camera because Daisy was the only character with a photopass photographer in the building. 

4-1-13120_zpsa0c7c572.jpg

It's 8:10 and there is only 7 castmembers in this meet and greet and 4 of them are in character costumes.   

I am really starting to think that there was something big happening that castmembers all across the board and in so many different departments were held up somewhere for some reason because they were not at the park.

No time to think about that now, my girls are meeting Minnie.

I will just put it in my trip report and maybe someone IN THE KNOW will enlighten me.

4-1-3a102_zpsc284090a.jpg

As we are chatting with Minnie, BuckeyeFortKid3 is meeting Donald.

4-1-13121_zps459e0a9f.jpg

We have had a little bit of Twilight Zone morning here at the Magic Kingdom, but this is normal.

4-1-3a104_zps98f1049b.jpg

While I agree that it's OK to knock on a Fiends door to say Hi, I treat Dave Devore a little differently. He's not on vacation at the Fort. He and his wife live there and they are also CMs that sometimes work very late hours. And that's why I make sure that I don't stop by if there is a chance he's sleeping in from a late night. Other than him, knock away, I do.

Every time we looped we drove by trying to catch him outside because we had the same thought.

I desperately wanted to meet Devores and I was too chicken to knock on his door and that's someone I know would probably not be mad I did.

You could have knocked. For future reference, and for any fiend who is shy, as long as its past noon, it should be ok to knock.

For your future reference, it is in the Fiend handbook that it is OK to knock on another Fiend's door whenever you like.

You can also wake up a sleeping Fiend in his hammock.

It's happened to me many times.

And it's perfectly fine.

It's in the handbook.

At least I think it is.

Actually, I don't have a copy of the handbook.

I am not sure if it says that Fiends can help themselves to the contents of each other's coolers.  But I think it does.

TCD

You could help yourself to the contents of my cooler, but you wont like what you find in there. I think there a pair of boots in there and a jug of insect spray.

For the record, I was also too chicken.

See above for any future trips.

I just don't have any pie or boxes of wine for you to constitute a stop by. But I have seen Lou stalking my loop before. He has caught me out and about a few times.

Every time we looped we drove by trying to catch him outside because we had the same thought.

I know allot of people don't think we ever leave the RV, but we do. You may just find us outside if you keep trying.

Sorry for the delay in trip report updates- Work- which pays for Disney. Yada yada yada.

It's possible all the castmembers were late getting to the MK because they rode the buses. 

Totally!!! Daisy's photopass photographer was quite vocal that all the photographers were supposed to be there at that time.

You could have knocked. For future reference, and for any fiend who is shy, as long as its past noon, it should be ok to knock.

You could help yourself to the contents of my cooler, but you wont like what you find in there. I think there a pair of boots in there and a jug of insect spray.

See above for any future trips.

I just don't have any pie or boxes of wine for you to constitute a stop by. But I have seen Lou stalking my loop before. He has caught me out and about a few times.

I know allot of people don't think we ever leave the RV, but we do. You may just find us outside if you keep trying.

Thanks for the invite to knock.  We are late afternoon and early evening loopers. It's our way to unwind after a rope drop day.

I only had chocolate to offer the grumpy Lou...  it was too late in the trip by the time we met him for pie to still be around. 

Love the early morning pics.

We enjoyed the new meet and greet area in Storybook Circus.....we went towards closing time and the characters really took their time with the kids. No rush.

I agree. Daisy read both the girls palms and Minnie pointed out her puppies to us although I am not sure what the boys did my boys.

March 29, 2013 cont.

After meeting characters at Storybook Circus BuckeyeFortMini2 caught the bug.  She wanted to meet her fairies next and it opens at 8:15.

We can not convince anyone else to do that with us so BuckeyeFortFan and the other 3 BuckeyeFortMinis head off to play portals while we get in line to meet fairies. 

The wait for this attraction really begs for some upgrading. 

4-1-13124_zps9cc61488.jpg

Especially this "feature" where they shrink you down to fairy size. You step over a blue tile line on the floor which they call the Blueberry line and step through this leaf portal that has pixie dust on it (lights that sparkle on the big leaf).

4-1-13123_zps2ede8aa3.jpg

Now when you turn the corner you are in Pixie Hollow.  This room is wonderful and the theme is well carried out.

4-1-13127_zps82563db9.jpg

Notice the upside down tea cup for some perspective in this next photo.

4-1-13125_zps9db8a7ac.jpg

Pearls hanging.

4-1-13128_zps95e4bb6c.jpg

It wouldn't be Tinkerbell's without some tinker tools.

4-1-13129_zpsb360ab82.jpg

We meet Vidia and even though she's mean, my little girl loved her.

45999240162_zps716f4194.jpg

So my second child is a mini Tinkerbell so meeting this character is an important part of her Disney experience.

45999240168_zps4e3f13e8.jpg

And this is why I take the time to do it for her.

45999240172_zpsb8bb7a03.jpg

and why I always pre-purchase my photopass CD.

Pixie Hollow opened at 8:15 and by 8:35 we are walking into Adventureland to catch up with the portal players.

We all hit the bathroom and played a few more portals just to finish up that land.

Then we walked onto BTMRR and got a baby swap. The wait was 20 minutes by then, but they were on the ride by 9:00.

I snapped some great photos in this area while they waited.

4-1-13130_zpscff1133d.jpg

4-1-13131_zps93c12ec5.jpg

4-1-13141_zps9476ea96.jpg

Squirrel! Squirrel eating a turkey leg. Weird Squirrel!

4-1-13135_zps1a05fd13.jpg

I sat down before the smokers took over my favorite rocking chair dock and caught up on fort fiends and such.

4-1-13138_zpsc527c1a3.jpg

It's 9:05 and they are off the first ride. It's beautiful. So we decide to snack now.

4-1-13139_zps909f72ec.jpg

The kids catch a quick game of checkers.

4-1-13137_zps7b599c2c.jpg

Ok, I know those 4 look so sweet and innocent in that picture, but shortly after that picture was snapped this game turned into a fight. So they all got a time out.

You may be asking "what is a time out in the Magic Kingdom?"

Well, in this instance we handed over our fast passes to ride BTMRR again to someone who was looking at their map because they obviously were not Disney experts and then we made the kids walk to to the fartherest place we could, the Laugh Floor. It worked.

That usually nips any bad attitudes in the bud and we have a our happy kids again (or else!).  We run a tight ship.

At the Laugh Floor. Our kids joke was told. If you haven't done this, you need to. When you send in the joke Mike sends you back a text and the kids love that just as much as hearing their joke being told during the show.

BuckeyeFortFan was the "guy who feels the urge to get up and dance." He really hammed it up and danced a funny dance. I was so proud that he stepped up and played his part and did it wonderfully despite being disappointed that he wasn't "that guy."

Next up....some Fiend interactions, more MK relaxing and fun.

After the laugh floor we humored BuckeyeFortMini4 and road the TTA.

We walked into the Philharmagic 10:20 show and then went to the Rapunzel bathrooms on our way to lunch.

The girls snapped some pictures of Rapunzel's painting.

4-1-13146_zps2b657319.jpg

Inside the bathroom.

4-1-13145_zpsedc99bef.jpg

4-1-13144_zps5c90914a.jpg

Now it's off to Columbia Harbor House for lunch. I like the tables at this place and the kids like the fish and chicken so it's a win/win. 

Why does the table matter, you might ask.

Well, I am a mom of many young children.  So I prefer big wide benches or big chairs with lots of table space so that my children don't end up knocking each other over or spilling their drink because their isn't much room. When you compare this quick service with say Cosmic rays (tiny tables, weird small chairs, and no table big enough for the 6 of us where we can watch the piano playing alien) or Pecos Bill (small square stools which boys love to stand on around a circular table) Harbor House wins hands down.

We also have ordering down to a science. We always go to the restroom outside the restaurant and while we are doing that I am using my smart phone to pull up the menu and quiz the kids on what they want to share and with who. 

When we get into the restaurant BuckeyeFortFan gets in line with his oldest or sometimes 2 oldest kids so they can help carry.  The rest of us head for a table unless the cast members are keeping us from sitting down without our food because the park is crazy busy.  Today it wasn't busy as you can see BFM3 is laying on the table with no food. He's so hungry he can't keep his head up to read his map.

4-1-13147_zps5ca132cc.jpg

We had everyone fed and watered by 11:20 and by 11:25 had found our parade spot. 

It was chilly so we wanted a part shade and part sunny spot out of the way. We ended up right here.

4-1-13149_zpsc2c93365.jpg

The park isn't that crowded.

4-1-13150_zps06973184.jpg

We pass the time playing Spot It. I love this game, there's 5 different ways to play so it's a great back pack game.

4-1-13151_zps5149ed5c.jpg

Just when I was hoping that BFM4 would nap this one fell asleep instead.

4-1-13153_zps9bb8ffd1.jpg

BuckeyeFortFan, BFM1 and BFM3 are off playing portals but this place is filling up a half hour before parade time.

4-1-13155_zps734bce9e.jpg

It looks like stroller parking not parade viewing.

All those strollers have people sitting on the wall 5 feet behind the rope just waiting for someone to try and take the spot around their stroller and then they pounce.

Crazy they just need a tablecloth. 

I fold it up to the depth of my stroller and the width of 2 people. It's plenty of room for all 6 of us to stand when it's parade time and I am not taking up any more space than a normal double stroller sitting next to my single stroller.  And I get the added bonus of relaxing and not having to watch my spot like a hawk.

Pre-parade Parade time.

4-1-13161_zpsd218d43b.jpg

We enjoyed the parade, walked through some shops, and watched the Barber Shop Quartet.

The weather was just gorgeous. We are having such a relaxing and happy day.

It's 1:30 and unlike this morning there are lots of boats running now.

4-1-3a105_zpse39f8db1.jpg

Time to get back and check things out. I've been texting with GaDawgFan....Kelly and I know they are setting up camp on Big Bear and we are looking forward to meeting them.

Here's some pictures of the ride home.

4-1-13203_zpsaac52604.jpg

4-1-3a108_zps5294db6d.jpg

4-1-3a109_zps2d9461e6.jpg

4-1-3a110_zps02fdd925.jpg

4-1-13206_zps946ef9aa.jpg

Ok, enough pretty boat ride shots.

We have some business to conduct.

This work was going on at the Fort while we were there.

4-1-13208_zps87b0a5d5.jpg

4-1-13209_zpsce47378e.jpg

I got a shout out!

You have a full out cameo appearance in this trip report. Just wait...

We love Columbia House too.  And for the same reasons; food, size of tables and A/C.

Looked like a relaxing day at MK.

It was and the next update will really sell the relaxation mood. If I can get to it between loads of laundry.

On our way back from the marina we looped by 1444 to see if the GaDawg blow up was out and he was. We also met GaDawgFan's husband who is a total sweetheart.  He was setting up camp while his wife, child and father in law were off having fun.  (He can pay me later for that wonderful comment.)

But seriously we laughed a bunch but had to let him actually get set up since they had just moved in.

So we headed back home and by 2:30 we are back playing at the campsite.

4-1-13008_zps21a9bc99.jpg

Wait what are this kids snacking on.

4-1-13009_zps865f2059.jpg

They call it their Easter snack mix and they made it themselves. Animal crackers mixed with pretzels, regular and peanut M&M's.  It makes a pretty good snack. Nice job BuckeyeFortKids.

Squirrel!

4-1-13011_zps928c8c0f.jpg

That squirrel better stay away from my M&M's!

Kelly came for a visit (that's GaDawgFan....Kelly).  She filled us in on the Easter festivities.

We had not been at the Fort for Easter day before. We usually leave on Saturday morning so we are home in time for school Monday morning. Fortunately I convinced BuckeyeFortFan that the Monday and Tuesday after spring break are not that important for the kids at school and we should stay and do the Candy Scramble and Golden Egg Hunt. 

She gave us the "real" info we needed for Easter day.  You know what I'm talking about when I say "real" info.

She also told us all about Mickey's Backyard BBQ. We had not done it before and her Z loves it.  So we might just have to try that out in October. We also talked up our favorite--HDDR and I see that she already has ressies for it in July. Fiends sharing info leads to more fiendish fun!

When Kelly headed back to her camper my kids begged me to take them back to the beach to play.

How could I resist these guys?

4-1-13013_zps4be9fedb.jpg

A quick picture of Brutus and since we love our Buckeye's I will share the awesomeness.

4-1-13014_zps18a1be60.jpg

WOW!  Amazing trip report.  I'm ready to just hook up and head south.

Now, time for my newbie questions.

1.  What is GAG?  Besides the noise my wife makes when I dance.

2.  Are Little Bear and Big Bear specific loops?

Thanks for everything!!!

Thanks for everything!!!

A GAG is a Giddyup-And-Go. It is a fried chicken dinner with side from you can get to go from Trail's End.

I know Little Bear and Big Bear are specific loops but I have not stayed in them so I can't remember the numbers associated with them. Someone else will have to get that one. 

No, it's all the 1400 loop and it consists of Big Bear Path and Little Bear Path. It's in a loop within a loop configuration.

I should have said I know its all in a specific loop within a loop but could not remember the number. Lou was more accurate than me.   :worship:

I just read him your comment. Check is in the mail!

Perfect, then drinks are on me at Crockett's the next trip we both end up at the Fort at the same time.

Thanks for everything!!!

The fiends beat me to it. I will add that Big Bear is the large loop with the majority of sites on it. Little Bear has just a few sites and you can see the entire loop at from your site. I love the smallness of it.

A GAG is a Giddyup-And-Go. It is a fried chicken dinner with side from you can get to go from Trail's End.

I know Little Bear and Big Bear are specific loops but I have not stayed in them so I can't remember the numbers associated with them. Someone else will have to get that one. 

No, it's all the 1400 loop and it consists of Big Bear Path and Little Bear Path. It's in a loop within a loop configuration.

I should have said I know its all in a specific loop within a loop but could not remember the number. Lou was more accurate than me.   :worship:

Like I said they beat me to it!

Keep the updates coming!

All caught up again.

The Easter snack mix does look good!

I have been slacking for sure. I really shouldn't let other things get in the way of the trip report!

How can anything be bad with both plain and peanut M&M's.

Well here we are.

4-1-13018_zpsf1993fa6.jpg

The BuckeyeFortKids begged me to take them to the beach to play.

4-1-13017_zps1493ef92.jpg

No need to worry, I brought all 4 of them with me.

4-1-13020_zps8b775ad3.jpg

The kids played and I enjoyed some boat watching while I lounged in the sun.

4-1-13024_zpsd603539d.jpg

There were a lot of baby boats on the water. I don't know what you call them. I call them baby boats. My trip report.

Where is harbor patrol headed?

4-1-13026_zpsa6a0665c.jpg

The baby boats are getting in trouble....

4-1-13027_zpsf5dee2bb.jpg

This is fun to watch.

4-1-13028_zpsac4b62b2.jpg

That didn't last long.

4-1-13029_zps7a8637be.jpg

Here they all come back in.

My kids are loving the beach.

4-1-13033_zps7a0e3d02.jpg

Eventually nature calls and so ends our beach play. I did grab a picture of the crummy new benches.

4-1-13034_zpsb41f25df.jpg

How about some happy pictures?

4-1-13035_zpsa8c55d39.jpg

4-1-13036_zpsb21c38ff.jpg

4-1-13037_zps3cd63867.jpg

Ok, enough happy scenery pictures back to the real trip report.

Playground time because BuckeyeFortFan is still sleeping.

4-1-13210_zps1cb8e489.jpg

4-1-13211_zps760c10f8.jpg

Man it's beautiful in this neck of the woods.

4-1-13213_zps9222e012.jpg

BuckeyeFortFan eventually caught up with us so we did some exploring.

4-1-13216_zps636f2b00.jpg

4-1-13038_zps00647ba4.jpg

4-1-13039_zps6cf88736.jpg

4-1-13040_zps15c78f3f.jpg

4-1-13041_zps345129be.jpg

4-1-13042_zps3920bff9.jpg

4-1-13043_zps2c5ac8d6.jpg

We had never been back here so I just snapped pictures.

4-1-13044_zps0b2676c7.jpg

4-1-13045_zpsff2afa17.jpg

This is not so beautiful.

4-1-13046_zps37e28777.jpg

4-1-13047_zpse94d8656.jpg

Well, hopefully it will be beautiful again when it is done.

We found a big Mickey on a golf cart at the Marina.

4-1-13048_zps0d80fe45.jpg

Photo limit