• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Courtesy Jayco Owner's Forum: A couple purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters. Winter was fast approaching and the wife was concerned about the house's lack of

Hate to disappoint all you visitors that will be at the Fort over Christmas. The temps will only be in the mid to high 80's thru Christmas Eve, then the temps plummet to the mid 70's to 80's thru

I hate to hear this. I will keep the unfortunate people who are stuck at WDW over Christmas in my thoughts and hope they find a way to enjoy themselves. 

Posted Images

A friend in southern ME (only about 90 minutes from here) saw -22 this morning - actual temp, not wind chill.

I don't dress up my dogs as a rule, but Bz has very little coat and no undercoat (and zero fat) has been wearing a coat every time she goes out the past could of days.  And neither dog has been outside for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.

Upside to working from home... there's been a fire in the fireplace roaring the past few days.  Really glad we got a load of wood right before Christmas!

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

A friend in southern ME (only about 90 minutes from here) saw -22 this morning - actual temp, not wind chill.

I don't dress up my dogs as a rule, but Bz has very little coat and no undercoat (and zero fat) has been wearing a coat every time she goes out the past could of days.  And neither dog has been outside for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.

Upside to working from home... there's been a fire in the fireplace roaring the past few days.  Really glad we got a load of wood right before Christmas!

Mo, did you see that video from the Top of Mt. Washington? They set a new daily record (not all-time, that was -47 in 1934!) of -34 degrees! One of the weather station guys went out with boiling water on this video:

http://nhpr.org/post/low-temperature-daily-record-broken-mount-washington-summit#stream/0

8 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

I have that same Dynamite crate full of firestarter sticks shaped and colored to look like TNT.  :Campfire_2:

Haha yeah my grandfather bought that for us and proceeded to carry it through 2 buildings at the retirement home he lives at and to my mom's office to give it to her.  Just imagine the looks he got then the executive director came in and had to ask if it was real. 

Haven't actually used them to start a fire yet but they make a good conversation piece. 

7 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Haven't actually used them to start a fire yet but they make a good conversation piece. 

HA! You're not kidding, too much of one actually.

One of my friends got it for me to take along camping, which I did.....ONCE..... Now it stays home....   :lol:

On 12/29/2017 at 2:07 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Mo, did you see that video from the Top of Mt. Washington? They set a new daily record (not all-time, that was -47 in 1934!) of -34 degrees! One of the weather station guys went out with boiling water on this video:

http://nhpr.org/post/low-temperature-daily-record-broken-mount-washington-summit#stream/0

I saw that - crazypants!! Yesterday morning they reported -20 with 60mph winds, putting the windchill around -60.

It's currently -12  - and that's not the wind chill, it's the actual temp. We haven't seen highs out of the teens in a week, although we may get into the mid-20s Weds-Thurs - just warm enough for snow!  LOL

Saturday's projected HIGH is 5.  Yep, that's the high.

And for those of you saying "why in the world would you people live there???" it's unusual for us to get a cold snap like this so early into winter, or one that lasts this long. Poor dogs are going stir crazy because it's too cold for them to go out for more than a quick potty break. 

On 12/29/2017 at 2:07 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Wow!!

21 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

It's currently -12  - and that's not the wind chill, it's the actual temp. We haven't seen highs out of the teens in a week, although we may get into the mid-20s Weds-Thurs - just warm enough for snow!  LOL

Ugh! 

Woke up to 12 degrees here in Atlanta... yuck!!

4 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yeesh!  While that would be ... well, our daily high here lately (hah!!) that's darned nippy down there!

DH is watching the weather and just got very excited it was going to hit 15 today.

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I saw that - crazypants!! Yesterday morning they reported -20 with 60mph winds, putting the windchill around -60.

44 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow!!

Ugh! 

I'm looking out on 18 degrees and a high of 32 today. I guess that's a veritable heatwave for some folks but round here it just plain too cold. 

Still trying to get used to it being a new year. I was talking with my mom yesterday saying this amount of cold, its length and earliness is not normal although we do get a cold spell in January. Then it hit me what day it was so I clarified that was late January. She was still laughing over the fact an old lady knew what day it was better than her younger son when we hung up.

1 minute ago, keith_h said:

I'm looking out on 18 degrees and a high of 32 today. I guess that's a veritable heatwave for some folks but round here it just plain too cold. 

Still trying to get used to it being a new year. I was talking with my mom yesterday saying this amount of cold, its length and earliness is not normal although we do get a cold spell in January. Then it hit me what day it was so I clarified that was late January. She was still laughing over the fact an old lady knew what day it was better than her younger son when we hung up.

Yeah... I think our high today, is around 34-36 degrees.  Simply too cold.  But, I don't like cold.  I have a friend, who lives in Alaska; she thrives off the stuff.   My parents live in E. Washington (state) and mom doesn't think it's winter, unless it's freezing.  

Yuck.  They can have the cold stuff.  I don't care for it, at all.

43 minutes ago, keith_h said:

She was still laughing over the fact an old lady knew what day it was better than her younger son when we hung up.

LOL!!

I generally like winter (yep, I'm the one) but admit this is too cold, too soon, and for too long.  Playing in the snow is fun. Not so much when the air hurts your face.

DH is over it - actually he was about 2 days into this cold snap.  I had to remind him we were only a couple of weeks into winter.

Poor guy. Good thing I'm driving him to FL in 6 weeks to "pick up the camper."  :P

2 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

LOL!!

I generally like winter (yep, I'm the one) but admit this is too cold, too soon, and for too long.  Playing in the snow is fun. Not so much when the air hurts your face.

DH is over it - actually he was about 2 days into this cold snap.  I had to remind him we were only a couple of weeks into winter.

Poor guy. Good thing I'm driving him to FL in 6 weeks to "pick up the camper."  :P

Don’t get too excited about going to Florida. There’s a possibility of North Florida will be getting snow in the next few days.dDon’t get too excited about going to Florida. There’s a possibility of North Florida will be getting snow in the next few days.

1 minute ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Don’t get too excited about going to Florida. There’s a possibility of North Florida will be getting snow in the next few days.dDon’t get too excited about going to Florida. There’s a possibility of North Florida will be getting snow in the next few days.

"Winter" Springs had flurries this morning.

10 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Don’t get too excited about going to Florida. There’s a possibility of North Florida will be getting snow in the next few days.

Yeah but it will still be at least 20 degrees warmer than here!  :)

8 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

"Winter" Springs had flurries this morning.

LOL! 

Still better than here.  They're now saying Saturday's high will be 1 with a low of -10.  

:grimace:

We woke up to -2 this morning.  It's not the temp itself that bothers me, having lived my first 35 years in Buffalo, but below 0 in Tennessee is stupid.  And the horses are ticked off.  Charlie was stomping his foot this morning.  It took me a minute, but I finally figured out he was using Morse Code to tell me "let's move further south".     

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yep!

50degrees.jpg

Oh my gosh...that's Western Washington (state).  We would break out the tank tops, when it hit 62... lol.  Now, I've been spoiled by the warmth (okay, usually warm) of Georgia for the past 14 years and I freeze when it's 65.

26 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

We woke up to -2 this morning.  It's not the temp itself that bothers me, having lived my first 35 years in Buffalo, but below 0 in Tennessee is stupid.  And the horses are ticked off.  Charlie was stomping his foot this morning.  It took me a minute, but I finally figured out he was using Morse Code to tell me "let's move further south".     

We're slated to go to Savannah over MLK weekend....right now, it looks like 60 degrees.  I was trying to talk Tom into Tampa, as they're showing 75, but he wouldn't have it.  Didn't want the extra 200 miles, for 2 nights.  Told me to, bring a coat :lol:

28 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

-.. .. ... -. . -.-- .-- --- .-. .-.. -..