Star Wars Land and Cars Land Coming in five year construction plan?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It happened to us on the moving walkway. We were stuck there for hours.

Tell Bobby, early 90s hip-hop called and they want their curse word back. Also, tell him if he doesnt do SW Land and Cars Land he will go down as the biggest loser employed by the Disney company since

I wasn't sure if I could be sure in life, so I looked it up in the FF dictionary.   1fort-wilderness-guy (FWG) v. to fwg, v. fwging1. Slang: Usu. Vulgar.a. One who spreads BS.2. Slang: Sometimes Vulga

O man... And I thought Disney was going to build a "John Carter" land... Now I'm bummed

I heard they were going to build Something Wicked This Way Comes Land, but the Autumn People objected because they knew their rides and other attractions would go over better if located close to the White House and US Capital Building.

• 1 month later...

From Orlando Attractions Magazine...

A Disney Insider column on the Disney website has shared some of what fans at the D23 Expo can expect to find in the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Pavilion. Most exciting of which is the promise of a peek at new attractions based on Star Wars.

Could this be a model of a new Star Wars land for Disney’s Hollywood Studios as rumored? We aren’t sure. No other details have been announced yet, so stay tuned. But Dave Fisher, show producer of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Pavilion, did give some details about other things in store for the expo:

“… visitors will be able to virtually ride two attractions, the same way we do when we’re testing them. We’re also going to be doing sneak peeks at upcoming projects – including Disney Springs, the reimagining of Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort. There will be teasers for new attractions based on Avatar and Star Wars that we’re working on now for the Disney Parks. We’ll have a play test for a project called Adventure Trading Company …”

Dave also told of a meet and greet with Captain America, an Imagineering gift shop, historic artifacts and much more. Click Here to read the full article.

Stay tuned as we’ll be at the Expo to bring you photos and video from inside the Parks and Resorts Pavilion.

The D23 Expo will be held Aug. 9 to 11, 2013 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California. For more information, visit D23.com.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2013/07/24/d23-expo-to-provide-a-peek-at-new-star-wars-attractions-and-more/

• 1 year later...

No details yet on which location, park or timeline, but not so much a rumor anymore...

Breaking News: Star Wars is Coming To a Disney Park Soon
Posted by Disney Dining on August 6, 2014 in News

It’s official, Star Wars is coming to Disney.

It looks like we can set the rumors aside since we now have confirmation from Bob Iger himself.

Mr. Iger, CEO for Disney, announced at yesterday’s earnings conference call that they will add a “far greater Star Wars presence” and later reiterated that these plans are “significant.”

The move comes as Disney is readying to release a new “Star Wars” film in theaters starting Dec. 18, 2015, that J.J. Abrams is currently directing.

Little other details are available at this time, but at least this is confirmation of what has been long rumored.

Disney will unveil its Star Wars theme park plans next year.

When asked if Disney was looking to broker new licensing deals with other franchise owners for attractions the way it did with James Cameron’s “Avatar,” Iger dismissed the notion, citing properties owned by Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm, “We don’t have to license from third parties,” he said. “We own them all.”

http://www.disneydining.com/breaking-news-star-wars-coming-disney-park-soon/

And by 2021, we should be able to ride the long awaited Tauntaun dumbo ride. You can't rush these things like you apparently can with that horrible Harry Potter Land. (See SDMT which keeps breaking down after it took a half decade to build)

According to my source, you will be able to cut open your tauntaun and keep warm inside on those blustery Florida nights though....so that's good.

See SDMT which keeps breaking down after it took a half decade to build

Those aren't breakdowns, they're called "Fast-Pauses", so that you can get a better look at the overall theming.

If you're on the ride when it happens, bonus. If it happens while you're in line, take advantage of the down time.

Disney's engineered this great feature into the ride to add to the ride experience, so be grateful and no complaining.

My daughter and I had one of those fast pauses in the boat on splash mountain last year. They kept saying over the speakers to stay in the boat that we would be moving momenteraly, it was about 20 minutes later we started moving. Just glad it didn't break as we were heading down the big drop. Still can't get that song out of my head.

One thing in life you can be sure of, if FWGuy says it's so, then it is. You can take that to the bank and smoke it, bucko.

They don't allow smoking in my bank. 

I hope they don't play that annoying music. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCGPt3XFxJk

We got stuck for about 40 minutes on Pirates once.  I still hear "WE WANTS THE REDHEAD" in my sleep.

I'm new here so I don't know how to make those cute rolling on the ground smiley face thingies so just pretend that is here *

If you're posting from a computer, look up at the tool bar above the text window and click on the smiley.  A whole bunch more will show up below the text box and there's a little arrow on the right to scroll through them all.  :banana:

If you're posting from a phone, I don't think you can get to them.

If you're posting from a tablet.... somebody else is going to have to help you.  8)

Significant ‘Star Wars’ Presence Planned for Disney Theme Parks

Variety August 5

The Walt Disney Co. plans for “a far greater ‘Star Wars’ presence” in its theme parks, company chief Bob Iger said Tuesday.

The first look at new attractions based on the sci-fi franchise, beyond “Star Tours” that currently operates at several of its parks, will be revealed next year, Iger said during a conference call with analysts to discuss Disney’s record third quarter results.

The move comes as Disney is readying to release a new “Star Wars” film in theaters starting Dec. 18, 2015, that J.J. Abrams is currently directing.

Lucasfilm and Disney also will host Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim on April 16-19, while “Star Wars” is expected to have a major presence at the D23 Expo, Aug. 14-16, again from the Anaheim Convention Center.

Disney opted not to inject more “Star Wars” into its parks until its $4 billion acquisition of the company was complete. Deal also gives it the Indiana Jones franchise, already represented by a ride and stunt show at Disney’s resorts.

During the call, Iger said when Disney now decides to build new attractions, “the likelihood of their success is greater” when they’re branded. “When we grow ‘Star Wars” presence, which we will do significantly, you will see better bets being made that will pay off for us than were made in the past,” adding that leveraging the collection of popular franchises and properties that the company owns for rides and experiences will deliver “better returns than we saw in the past.”