The Disney Food Blog is reporting a soft opening of Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom...

Main Street Bakery fans and Starbucks coffee aficionados — this news is for you! After a long refurbishment, the Main Street Bakery — Now with STARBUCKS! — in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is in “soft opening”. During soft opening, guests are receiving dining vouchers for admittance. This allows Disney to test out a newly updated venue and keep control of the crowd.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/06/15/first-look-main-street-bakery-starbucks-offers-soft-opening/

Excerpts...

Main-Street-Bakery-Dining-Voucher-600x51

Dining Voucher for Main Street Bakery's Soft Opening.

Main-Street-Bakery-1-600x537.jpg

Main Street Bakery Cases.

Starbucks-Menu-1-433x625.jpg

Starbucks at Disney World -- Eats

Main-Street-Bakery-2-600x395.jpg

Main Street Bakery Taking Orders!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna say that is some sad looking BACON.

So close! 

So the Starbucks on Main St. will fully open in a few days, can't wait to see all the Starbucks stuff.

I hear the new Starbucks on Main St. where the old Main St. Bakery use to be, will be selling a great Starbucks cinnamon rolls. I wonder if they're selling the "Starbucks on Main St" t-shirts?

Whatever happened to the Main Street Bakery? 

(I can never find the pot stirring smiley when I need it.)

Nothing peels old paint off walls or stomach linings like big hot cup of Bucky's finest brew.

So the Starbucks on Main St. will fully open in a few days, can't wait to see all the Starbucks stuff.

I hear the new Starbucks on Main St. where the old Main St. Bakery use to be, will be selling a great Starbucks cinnamon rolls. I wonder if they're selling the "Starbucks on Main St" t-shirts?

Whatever happened to the Main Street Bakery? 

(I can never find the pot stirring smiley when I need it.)

:cauldron-smiley:

Shouldn't you have it on speed dial... or whatever the heck that tin can with string you have for a phone uses?

I can't wait to get a nice hot cup of Starbucks coffee the next time I'm at the MK.  I find their burnt, scalding crap really stings when dumped on a bus driver's head. 

:rofl2:

Whatdya mean where's Dave and TCD?

How about where's Dave, TCD, AC, and any other self-respecting cinnamon roll aficionado.

Starbucks doesn't just SMB.

Starbucks SMBP.

Hmmmm..... pondering the "P"

Poo

Pom Poms...

I wanted you to know exactly what the Starbucks was sucking the first time you walk in Lou.

I am nothing if not a humanitarian.

No need because I won't be going into Starbucks, formerly the Main St. Bakery.

As I wrote after Dave posted that he wanted to pour a Starbucks coffee over my head, I'm not really a coffee drinker.

The article has been updated since it was first posted with some interesting tidbits...

UPDATE! Thanks to a Bakery cast member, we have the following information:

*Yes, we are all Disney Cast Members and have spent the last few weeks training to learn how to make Starbucks drinks. Many of us have been with the company for years (including myself) and are all very excited to share this renovation with Walt Disney World guests.

*We will not be selling the cinnamon rolls anymore, they will ONLY be found at Gaston’s Tavern in Fantasyland.

*All indoor seating has been removed to make the bakery larger. We are anticipating to be very busy so by making the bakery bigger we have more room and opportunity to make your drinks faster and eliminate longer wait times.

Also, here’s an update from a Main Street Bakery trainer/cast member:

I am a trainer at this location and wanted to point out that we do in fact accept Starbucks gift cards, including the application where you can pay by phone. We just do not accept the rewards you earn by using your Starbucks gift card (free drinks and such). You earn points by using your card at our location, but you can not redeem rewards. We can not reload SB gift cards, and we will not sell SB gift cards. We will only accept them as a form of payment.