ADRs DONE! Advice/thoughts/help appreciated.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a member of the Spreadsheet Geek Club, I can tell you that there is no need for a support group.  It is all of you non-spreadsheet using, fly by the seat of your pants people that need help.  So th

I humbly accept your nominations to be President of the SGC, and as our first order of business I recommend we create a pivot table that will automatically separate Fiends into two lists:  the first l

I TOTALLY HAVE SPREADSHEETS!!  :rofl3:

If I make a "regular" reservation for Mamma Melrose can I tie it in to Fantasmic later?  

No, but I've done that in the past, just in case. I recommend making all of your other ADRs first, and then trying that one. If you can't get it, call. Just be aware that if it isn't available, it will open up at some point.

When you're booking the fantasmic package, it's under the f's on the website. Not M for Mama Melrose. Found out the hard way. I ate at Mama's a couple of weeks ago for the first time in years and really enjoyed it. It was definitely a better meal than I expected it to be.

A credit card is needed to reserve the Fantasmic dinner package, but I don't have to prepay, right?

Also- Can I use Tables In Wonderland for Fantasmic dining?  I haven't decided yet if Tables in Wonderland will actually save me (Dad) money yet- but I'm considering it.

So I think I've got it down..  

In what order what you try to reserve these?

I think this is the order I'm going for...

8AM Tusker Breakfast

HDDR (I want to be as close to the stage as possible! Maybe i should call for this one)

Biergarten

Liberty Tree (5PM ish on arrival day 12/16)

Fantasmic/Mamma Melrose

Call center opens at 7, right?  I'm crackin myself up over here... I'm actually NERVOUS.  IS THIS REAL LIFE??  :chillout:  

So I think I've got it down..  

In what order what you try to reserve these?

I think this is the order I'm going for...

8AM Tusker Breakfast

HDDR (I want to be as close to the stage as possible! Maybe i should call for this one)

Biergarten

Liberty Tree (5PM ish on arrival day 12/16)

Fantasmic/Mamma Melrose

Call center opens at 7, right?  I'm crackin myself up over here... I'm actually NERVOUS.  IS THIS REAL LIFE??  :chillout:  

That's a good order, but it opens at 6. Be online at 5:50. And don't call about the HDDR. You will be on hold forever.

To my non-spread-sheeting-TA-self it looks pretty low key. You're not asking for the hardest ADRs and you don't need them during a holiday week. I think you can breathe, maybe even get some sleep until 5:30 or so. Now, if you were after princess meals or BOG, that'd be different but your dates and meals don't look too demanding to me.

As far as the TiW, that depends on how much more you'll eat out or if you plan a return trip in the next year. I tend to think it'd be helpful given your HDDR plans in addition to the other meals but you'll need to crunch the numbers (in a non-spreadsheet sort of way perhaps) for your own family. Generally you'll need to spend $500 on dining to break even. Before we started staying at the fort, that would only mean 2-3 character meals for our family of 5 making it a no-brainer. We cook a lot more now though and spend less time in the parks so it doesn't always pay for us to buy TiW anymore.

WEll, holy CRAP that SUCKED! 

First of all....the site was down & I kept getting that annoying Donald message.  That was the first 20 minutes of freak out AT LEAST!

THEN it started working, BUT DENYING MY CREDIT CARDS! Not just Dad's that's on file, but every other card I tried. I tried 6!

So THAT was a 10minute freak out!!

But... all is well in the end. :)

The only one I was "really" worried about was the 8AM Tusker, which I got. 

WHEW!!

Jeeze, is it too early for a drink???

Jeeze, is it too early for a drink???

Which reminds me... don't forget that TiW is good on adult beverages at most restaurants and lounges around WDW.   8)

Glad you got what you wanted, sorry it was such a pain.  Oh the joys (not) of the Disney reservation system.

Oh and yes you can use TiW for Fantasmic dining.

Which reminds me... don't forget that TiW is good on adult beverages at most restaurants and lounges around WDW.   8)

Oh and yes you can use TiW for Fantasmic dining.

WOOO!!!

Glad you got what you wanted! I hate that Donald screen. I had the same problem with it taking a credit card a couple months ago. In the end, success though! yay!!!

I'm curious why that even happens.  I KNOW every card I tried had tons of room.  What a pain. And YAY is right!!!

Glad you got what you wanted.  What time did you snag for Biergarten?

I ended up with a 5:55 though I was hoping for something closer to 5 or 4:30.  I thought about doing the lunch, but it was just too early for me.  Taking into consideration all the beer that will be consumed, I'm afraid if we go too early we'd all be asleep before Candlelight or Illuminations.  :laugh: