Yes you read that right, "accessories."

In what should be a surprise to exactly no one, there is an entire line of MagicBand accessories which have already started to appear in some of the resorts involved in the testing.

From Chip & Co...

You are here: Home / Tips &Tricks / Disney in Pictures / New at Walt Disney World – MagicBand Accessories!

New at Walt Disney World – MagicBand Accessories!
June 22, 2013 by Krista Comment Here!

266x400xdisplay-266x400.jpg.pagespeed.ic

MagicBands have not been fully released to the public just yet, but Disney is releasing more of them to guests who are arriving for resort stays. One can not be left with a naked MagicBand! So isn’t it great news that  MagicBand accessories are now being sold at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House and the Contemporary Resorts? As of yesterday, you can find them at Fantasia gifts at the Contemporary Resort and Zawadi Marketplace at Animal Kingdom Lodge. These fun accessories allow you to customize your MagicBand in a (surprisingly!) affordable way. This is the first batch to be released – and there are already several different designs to choose from – so you can really personalize your MagicBand. My opinion is that Disney guests may start trading these along with pins and Vinylmations some day soon!

First you have the little accessories that are like the decorations kids put on their crocs. These are called MagicBandits – and they are priced by item. The MagicBandits with three in a box are $6.95 , packs of four are $8.95 , and packs of three or more are $12.95.

266x400xjack-266x400.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Yp

CoverBands are $6.95 for one and $15.95 for 3.

266x400xcoverbands-266x400.jpg.pagespeed

MagicSliders for the bands are available in a Mickey design for $12.95 and Minnie design for $14.95.

400x266xmagicsliders-400x266.jpg.pagespe

Put them all together and you have your very own, customized MagicBand!

385x257xcustomized-MagicBands1.jpg.pages

385x257xcustomized-MagicBands2.jpg.pages

Want to see more? Check out all the designs that were on the display, and a link to prototype designs by Disney, and more right here.

http://www.chipandco.com/walt-disney-world-magicband-accessories-144551/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  :clint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TSyU1bV0OMQ  

:cauldron-smiley:

Rumor was that there'd eventually be matching Disney Dooney & Bourke patterns on the wristbands. You know that I'll need those...

And if you do decide to wear it, you can buy designer and Disney character versions.

No surprise here. Disney is just doing what they planned to do all along, and now that MBs are in limited use, it's time.

We touched on this back in Jan.

Look for more variations.

The problem isn't Disney. They are just answering the demand. The problem is the cattle who herd into the stores begging to pay for this crap. My buddy Andy tells me the foreigners that everyone hates are the worst. It's no wonder they cop the attitude they do. Disney loves them. He told me the Middle Easterners walk into the World of Disney store and think nothing of peeling off 5 or 6 thousand dollars in American bills to pay for crap.

I've obviously never been against giving Disney my hard earned money.  But I draw the line with this crap.  Actually, I drew the line with Vinylmation.  This just cements things. 

I could not agree more! I thought they went overboard with pins. I'm sure I'll catch heat for this one.

I had no intentions of using a magic band to begin with and now I double my objections (I'll opt out & use keycards as I've been doing).   So it wasn't to make things easier or faster, it was to make them more money.  You knew there had to be a catch somewhere!

Leave it to Disney to figure out how to make you spend more money on an entrance ticket that the stupid people in most other entertainment venues tear in half. Well at Disney you get to keep the whole ticket and if you are cool you will buy a little bling to make it cool.  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  All hail Disney Marketing

Why can't it be to make things easier and faster as well as to make money? Does it have to be one or the other?

The prime objective in my former career was to to produce products faster, easier, possibly better, and less expensively, so that the client companies could make money. Looks like someone is doing their job. I say it's all good, and as long as it's a product that people are not forced to purchase, go Disney.

I also don't see a catch, you don't have to use the MBs it if you don't want. You don't even have to go to WDW if you don't want.

It sounds like good business sense to me, and isn't that what we want, successful American companies?

Absolutely, hail Disney marketing!

Bobby told me they are working on the sensitivity of the sensors so that if you walk anywhere within 100 yards from one and are wearing a band, your credit card will be charged.

Bobby told me they are working on the sensitivity of the sensors so that if you walk anywhere within 100 yards from one and are wearing a band, your credit card will be charged.

No need to reinvent the wheel. The RFID technology that allows that to be done exists and has been around for a long time. 

Have Bobby call me.

Absolutely, hail Disney marketing!

There is a very well-known online printing company that I am well acquainted with (being in the same biz).  It's equally well known that their print quality is awful, and their customer service all but nonexistent.  However they are a marketing MACHINE, and as a result are a worldwide giant in the printing industry.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if the product is unnecessary, irrelevent or just plain crap. You can still make a fortune on it if you identify an audience and market the bejinkies out of it. This is something Disney has mastered.

...can you say Vinylmation?   8)