Wow. You must be an energetic fiend. I'm usually too pooped after setting up camp :P

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

We are currently full time rvers and since we setup just about every week for two years we -

1. Have a good routine

2. Don't setup near as much stuff as weekend campers

3. Don't spend as much time just chilling outside as a weekend warrior either

My dream! Good for you:rolleyes:D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Dave!! He Lives! Brought out of hiding by a GAG.... Anywhere else that would sound wrong.

My typical arrival routine:   1.  Send the kids off somewhere....anywhere.  After two days on the road I'm ready for them to disappear.  2.  Pop open beer.  Walk around the site enjoying the beer.  3.

Hmm... the truck has a big gas tank and only requires fill ups every 8 hours or so (not towing).  We may need to limit your fluid intake.      Depends on how many stops we need to make along the way.

My typical arrival routine:

1. Send the kids off somewhere....anywhere. After two days on the road I'm ready for them to disappear.

2. Pop open beer. Walk around the site enjoying the beer.

3. Put some chocks behind the wheels, and in front. Trailers roll both ways.

4. Pop 2nd beer. Think about unhitching.

5. Plug in electric as, by now, INC is yelling out that it's hot inside the trailer.

6. Get one chair out of storage. Sit enjoying the rest of beer #2.

7. INC comes out to say she has the inside done and is heading to Pioneer Hall to hang out and find the kids.

8. Tell her I'll finish setting up and head there, and to go ahead and order the GAG.

9. After INC is out of sight, pop beer #3. Double check that chocks are actually in place and that I didn't just imagine them.

10. Push button on awning as the sun is starting to bother me.

11. Start to unhitch trailer from van, but realize I'm kind of pooped and decide to do it later. Nah, let's just get it done.

12. Unhitch, pull van forward a couple feet, remember I wanted to put it in overflow lot but realized I'm too buzzed to do that now.

13. Lock keys in van.

14. Curse myself, forgetting I have a 2nd set in the trailer.

15. Grab a couple more beers to take with me and surprise INC with my thoughtfulness.

16. Stumble to the Settlement to enjoy my chicken dinner and give my girls one of my patented DaveInTN speeches complaining about the lack of steak fries while we sit on the porch eating our chicken and crappy Disney fries.

Dave wins. And I think Dave and my husband would be best friends if they met.

I can't believe after camping at the fort for 2 years, I didn't know anything about the GAG, either!  

I'm ashamed to say I have been camping at the Fort for over 25 years with my own children AND my girl scout troop and didn't know about GAG! I must have been under a rock :o

Wow. You must be an energetic fiend. I'm usually too pooped after setting up camp :P

We hit the parks running too.  Only our park to hit first is MK. I don't feel like I'm really at WDW until I see the castle.

With the moho our setup is simple:

1.  Hit the button to level.

2.  Hit the buttons to pull out slides.

3.  Connect power and turn AC on.

4.  Connect water and run kitchen faucet to get the air out.

5.  Connect sewer.

6.  Connect cable.

7.  Push the button to extend the awning.

8.  Off to the Magic Kingdom!

In the TT our setup took about 2 hours.  Level the TT with blocks.  Remove stabilizer bars.  Remove equalizer.  Chock wheels (David forgot this once and I went rolling away!).  Unhitch. Then start connecting everything.  Manually extend the awning and tie it down.   

In the moho it's 30 minutes or less.  

To paraphrase TCD, it's good to be CCIntrigue!

I need a MOHO! Sounds great! :D

My typical arrival routine:

1. Send the kids off somewhere....anywhere. After two days on the road I'm ready for them to disappear.

2. Pop open beer. Walk around the site enjoying the beer.

3. Put some chocks behind the wheels, and in front. Trailers roll both ways.

4. Pop 2nd beer. Think about unhitching.

5. Plug in electric as, by now, INC is yelling out that it's hot inside the trailer.

6. Get one chair out of storage. Sit enjoying the rest of beer #2.

7. INC comes out to say she has the inside done and is heading to Pioneer Hall to hang out and find the kids.

8. Tell her I'll finish setting up and head there, and to go ahead and order the GAG.

9. After INC is out of sight, pop beer #3. Double check that chocks are actually in place and that I didn't just imagine them.

10. Push button on awning as the sun is starting to bother me.

11. Start to unhitch trailer from van, but realize I'm kind of pooped and decide to do it later. Nah, let's just get it done.

12. Unhitch, pull van forward a couple feet, remember I wanted to put it in overflow lot but realized I'm too buzzed to do that now.

13. Lock keys in van.

14. Curse myself, forgetting I have a 2nd set in the trailer.

15. Grab a couple more beers to take with me and surprise INC with my thoughtfulness.

16. Stumble to the Settlement to enjoy my chicken dinner and give my girls one of my patented DaveInTN speeches complaining about the lack of steak fries while we sit on the porch eating our chicken and crappy Disney fries.

Dave wins. And I think Dave and my husband would be best friends if they met.

I agree Kelly. Dave wins. I'm still laughing :D

Our routine......

1. Say hi to Curt and Jody

2. Tell them thanks for setting everything up for us

3. Go grocery shopping at Publix

4. Go looping

4. Eat a Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar

5. Order a GAG

6. Go to the Campfire Sing-along for Smores, popcorn, and a movie

I like this ritual!!!

I need a MOHO! Sounds great! :D

It is great, but it's not for everyone.  Especially not ours.  It's for two people and occasional overnight visitors.  We have a 10 year old higher-end moho.  We love it and wouldn't trade it for a newer model (unless we could afford a Prevost).

Since this will be only our 2nd stay at the Fort we have no ritual for set up, yet!  No GAG for us this time cuz we will be going to the HDDMR to celebrate 37 yrs of marriage magic!  So, the GAG may be purchased the next night. 

Hoop de Doo is a GREAT way to kick off a vacation!  But I bet after gorging yourself on fried chicken at the Hoop you won't be hungry for it the next night. 

the food at the hoop de doo is the same as a gag plus the great ribs that you can't buy outside the hoop, so you may want to wait a day or two to get a GAG

Me please! I will need frequent potty breaks :)

Hmm... the truck has a big gas tank and only requires fill ups every 8 hours or so (not towing).  We may need to limit your fluid intake.  8)

When will you be here?

Depends on how many stops we need to make along the way.

(you know, I really REALLY wish this was actually happening right now!!)

Hmm... the truck has a big gas tank and only requires fill ups every 8 hours or so (not towing).  We may need to limit your fluid intake.  8)

Depends on how many stops we need to make along the way.

(you know, I really REALLY wish this was actually happening right now!!)

She is not kidding about the fluid intake...

(you know, I really really wish this was actually happing right now too!)

Define "Eastern Seaboard".  Does it extend west to the Mississippi?

Hmm... the chicken might be cold by the time we get there if cover that wide a swath.

Let's say... get yourself somewhere near I-95 or 75.

(I'd sooooooooo.... do this if I was independently wealthy and didn't have a stinkin' day job)

Hmm... the chicken might be cold by the time we get there if cover that wide a swath.

Let's say... get yourself somewhere near I-95 or 75.

(I'd sooooooooo.... do this if I was independently wealthy and didn't have a stinkin' day job)

Here's the deal.  You come as far west as I-24 and I'll buy the GAG.  And bring Anna.